Why Younger Men Are Just As Hot As Older Men

I recently wrote a myTake which went into great detail about the personality attributes I find appealing in older men. The article can be seen here: Older Men, Your Wallet Isn't What Got Me.

If you are familiar with the writing then you will know that it is no secret that I love a man with confidence.

I went into great depths on what I meant by the word confidence.

It is such a powerful tool to have because it is what gives me great interest in these types of men that happen to be older than myself.

Younger Men Are Just As Hot As Older Men

I never thought of myself as a cougar or one in training, that would consider dating a man several years younger than herself, but ever since nearing my late twenties, and now age 30 I can't help but notice that I have a string of younger guys wanting to involve themselves with me.

I know there are a good amount of men who find women older than themselves appealing, but what I have come to learn is that I don't exactly have the older woman look.

Many of these men mistake me for a woman who is their age.

When they learn I am a little older they seem shocked but continue trying to pursue me.

I find the willingness to not doubt themselves or be intimidated by a older woman,

a very appealing trait.

It reminds me of why I am usually drawn to older men.

It's great to see some younger men possess this quality too.

All I wish is that more younger men were this self assured and trusting in themselves.

Again, confidence along with other personality attributes is such a powerful tool.

I love younger men that are mature and act more like my age group.

I never thought in a million years, I would even consider dating someone several years younger than myself but seeing how they don't even seem the slightest bothered by a birth year, makes me think why should I allow myself to be bothered?

If we have everything in common why let a birth year which is beyond our control stop our love from developing?

If the shoe was on the other foot, and this man was dating a younger woman, no one would even blink an eye. A five to eight year age difference never really is spoken about unless one of the people is a minor involved.

Now, I want to make clear there's a limit to how young I would consider dating.

I like the age difference to be subtle or barely noticeable.

It doesn't interest me to parade around looking like someone's Mother

(No offense to those women who are 15+ years older than their significant other).

It just is not my cup of tea. I think at a certain point especially for me, an age difference can become awkward if you don't share enough in common with the individual.

The bigger an age gap the more likely that becomes a possibility between the two people.

The only thing that would excite you is your interest in the persons looks.

If you recall, I am big on personality that is the key factor that draws me to an individual no matter their age.

Now, I don't have much experience dating younger men but it definitely is an eye opener seeing that plenty of them take interest in me along with those my age and much older.

If a relationship has a solid foundation to blossom into something beyond great, what's a few years in age?

It's great to say I keep an open mind when it comes to love.

Although being with a younger guy isn't my norm, I wouldn't shut my eye on it if I see potential.

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 22

• Hear hear for the older guy. Plenty of 20 year olds moon at me, though nearly all Asian or Latina. Mainstream girl also go after older en but not because they find the appealing, in the US.

• Sounds like someone is really liking the dick!

• As my Take bears witness to, I am a young man who likes older women. I'd be honored if a woman of your grandeur and beauty took notice of a young buck like myself.

• Great one madam 😃

• I like all girls regardless of age.

• "I love a man with confidence"
    It is easy to have confidence with a $15M net worth, created from nothing.

• gilrs going older and wanting younger guys means that, when they were younger, they ruined so much guys they pretty much dont have any choice but change social sorroundings. sad but true
    on the other hand, a Young girl will look up for a more mature man as she will realize all their peers are mostly mindless jocks commanded by lust

As a man, i can't say being with someone younger wouldn't please me but how will you cope with her intelligence after awhile? sex can't be a passpartout for lack of maturity. that's what i think, and it applies to both sexes

• Ironically, intelligence denotes uncertainty.

• Having money and being well endowed will make a guy "hot" regardless of his age.

• i dated older women in my younger years. easy lays.

• Sadly I lack confidence :( Confidence to approach older women. Confidence to approach younger, confidence to approach a lady of any age...

• Interesting take

• Nice take

• How many partners have you been with in total?

• That's a personal question. Feel free to PM me if u want the answer.

• I've never been big on claims. Most people think I'm younger real life. Few get my age correct.
      I'm working on a relationship, taking a break.

• Fair enough.

• I knew you liked us younger guys 😉😉

• How old are these younger guys that are interested in you? I have always been interested in the older ones (doesn't mean I don't like younger girls) but unless I wouldn't count anything below 7 years as cougar status.

Also, I think the attitude from a lot of the younger girls these days may deter younger guys from going after older women.

• Lately, I've been getting 21-22 year olds thinking im their age. HUGE compliment for a girl that just turned 30 lol

• I don't know... time will tell.
      Although I prefer a man more ur age or older because at least we'd probably we ready for the same things (kids, marriage etc.) This is why maturity is very important to me. I'd have to see.

• The same thing happens to me (when it does as it doesn't happen often really). Whenever a girl is attracted to me she is usually really young. I class really young as 21 and under as I'd rather date a girl around my age or older. I prefer no younger than 25 which many people find absurd but like you said, older girls would probably be ready for the same things I am.

• Well why are younger women just as hot as older women?

• Care to wrote a take on it? It would be refreshing to hear a man say that because this site is infamous for men bashing women they consider older.

• Old enough to be ur mom? Would u feel odd showing Public affection when the age difference is so obvious?

• Of course not!

• I knew you had a thing for me stacyzee.

• I like older women. Not just that but I attract them easier than women my own age for some reason.

• When I was in my college years, a friend would say "she's jockin you dude" (in today's language, "she's eye focking you man"). Those he pointed out were (mostly) 5 - 15 years older than I was. I agree, some people at an early age can be self assured of who they are (I wasn't one of them).

For me I'm good to about -10 my age. I don't want to have to use the phrase "I was learning how to drive when you were born." Granted I look anywhere from 24 to 28, I just have to be cautious.

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 10

• Hot men are hot men period no matter what their age

• Amen.

I've always dated both younger and older, as long as I liked the guy and found him attractive. Maturity, sexiness, kindness, etc depend more on individuals than age (within reason).

• Since I'm very young still, a lot of the men who are several years older than me are still considered 'younger men'. Right now I'm at an age where I have the advantage to date someone way older meaning he has more experiances, his life stage is ahead of mine, thus I can learn from him, and the beautiful thing he is still young.

• If they hot they hot.

• Don't bother spending years trying to better yourself by learning about the world or an area of expertise guys. All you need is to be cocky and arrogant.

What a waste of society.

• Younger girls is better plus they have too confidence and a better body. (No fat or cellulite, etc...) A better skin.

• Let's be realistic , not all younger women look like supermodels like you're making them out to be. This depends on the person not their age.

• I'm a model so I talk for me. And honestly younger girls are all skinny except for some obese. Maybe in your country it's not the same but in France younger girls generally all skinny.

• Younger men are always hotter...

• Older men are hotter ;)

What turns me off about younger guys is their immaturity.

• What about the younger guys that are mature? Those are who I am speaking about.
      Because in all honesty I've met guys older that can be just as immature.

• @Maik567 you were so right. The girl who toots are horn and cannot stand someone disagreeing with her. And she starts cursing like a lowlife from a low socioeconomic background. Done this are off she loses her cool out ever failing to boast

• Yeah , English is definitely your second language. Instead of jumping on a bandwagon , why not try opening up a book to master something you clearly suck at.

• yeah maybe when i'm older i'll feel that way but i'm not dating someone younger than me now i want someone my age or older no offense to anyone

• I guess as long as they're mature, it's fine cos immaturity is a huuuge turn-off to me.

• Yes, maturity is a huge factor as mentioned here.
      Men in our age range can be immature as well.
      I like a grown man not a kid mentality!

• Age doesn't determine maturity.

• @Words_and_Wisdom i didn't say it does. I'm just speaking in general and meant that as long as a guy is mature, it doesn't really matter to me if he's older or (per this post's context) younger.