The 5 Pros of Rejection, and Tomorrow's a New Day!

Hello everyone! Today I’m here to write a new MyTake, my second one, talking about something that we all fear: rejection. Everything that happens in our lives can be faced as bad or good, normally rejection is faced as bad but it doesn’t need to be like that.

I decided to write it because recently… very recently I got gently rejected (you know, the friendzone thing). Of course I felt disappointed, it’s normal, I don’t feel sad though because if we look deeply into rejection we’ll see good things that come with it. So, see the pros of rejection below and face your future rejections differently.

1. You Did What Needed to Be Done

Congratulations! You didn’t cower from telling the person that rejected you what you wanted to say. You didn’t send someone to do it. You did it yourself. You won’t feel the regret of not having done anything. You tried, you took your chances. When you do such a thing you must be aware that rejection is a possibility, even if you’re optimistic about the future. Perhaps your expectations weren’t corresponded, but that’s okay.

Be proud of yourself, many people don’t have the guts to do what you did. This is the first good thing, you had attitude!

2. You No Longer Wonder

Before asking that person out there’s always uncertainty about the answer you’ll get. Now you no longer wonder what will happen, you have your answer: the answer is “No!”. Even if you don’t see it at first, having a definitive answer gives you relief, it’s better to know what the other person really wants.

3. You Know What to do Next

Since you no longer wonder, all doubts are gone. Now you know what to do next. Move on! What is gone is gone. You did what needed to be done. Now you go on with your life. Even though you should learn from your past experience, you shouldn’t keep living in the past and mourning what happened. You know that the answer from the one you liked is “No”, there’s no need to keep insisting. Move on, it’s better for everyone. Rejection gives you this “north”, this way to go. Get on with your life, that’s what you should do next.

4. You’re Back in the Game!

Okay, you got rejected by one person! There are plenty of other people in the world. The dating game is exciting. You never know who you can meet, who’s the next one that you’ll be attracted to… well, you’re still playing this game. Once you move on, enjoy it! Just don’t give up because of your last experience.

5. It’s Better This Way

It’s good to want to be with someone. If this person doesn’t want to be with you though, why the hell do you think that being rejected isn’t positive? Both people should be willing to be together; if one of them is not, then rejection will protect you from suffering more in the future. So, if you got rejected you should know that it was the best thing that could happen, otherwise the answer would’ve been “Yes”, not “No”. So, be happy that the person who rejected you didn’t lead you on.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

That’s it folks. I hope that this will help you to face your future rejections differently, in a more positive way and I wish you luck in your future attempts to be with someone (and I wish myself luck too xD)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 6

• Very good take and a positive and healthy attitude. =)

• I agree. So far I've been rejected by ever guy I've shown interest in/asked out lol. But life goes on, no worries. It'll happen when it happens, and if not, I'll find something else to do with my life. I'll get a bunch of pets or something.

• Well, the important thing is keep trying. We're still young anyway.

• Don't say that you'll find somebody eventually don't give up trying.

But it will happen keep trying eventually you'll get a yes.

• This is the attitude more people need!

• You nailed it👌
    good MyTake!

• I agree., i just get tired of repeating it. :)

• This is exactly what I needed to hear right now.

What Guys Said 13

• Nice take! And good points :-)

• I don't agree, since I'm turning 26 and still no luck. And you'd be surprised, I've been ignored, falsely accused, had racist remarks directed at me, been threatened by boyfriends, etc.

It's a sad world we men live in if even the plain Janes think they're goddesses.

• Sometimes I don't even get to the rejection part.

There's these thoughts of not being good enough, and criticizing myself that puts me off of even trying.

I'm so hard on myself, what can I do?

• You should try to stop thinking this way. I know it seems vague, but I used to be like you when I was younger (maybe because I was fat). After two big regrets of not asking two girls I was interested in out, I started to force a changing process. It's not as difficult as you think, during this process I realized that we actually overthink everything and reality isn't as tough as it seems.

So, just do it. Don't even think, just start interacting with girls more, get used to it and eventually you'll manage to get to the asking out part. Facing your fears is the only way to beat them.

• Women never or rarely far ever get rejected.

• So, you haven't rejected any woman so far?

• thats not true man. women get rejected too.
      i tought so too, and had to reject a girl, thinking she might not take it well. she took it surprisingly well

• @slimstiffy That's why I said rarely ever.
      She was probably upset.

• still hurts like a bitch, tho
    but i will get over it ;) thanks

• Yeah it hurts, I'm still a little disappointed too, but let's focus on the positive things and enjoy the "game". You're welcome!

• This is a spectacular myTake! Really useful for men like me, because I have only asked ONE woman out on my entire life, several years ago (and got rejected). She did 'trick' me, though. Led me on and stuff, but never mind.

• Unfortunately this happens, but one woman doesn't represent all. The one who recently rejected me, for example, was really honest and our friendship still continues. Well, good luck for you in the future, don't give up on it.

• What you said about the traits that prevent the person from seeing us more than friends makes sense, but I don't see it as negative too. We all do that with everyone, it's not necessarily bad, it's just the "line" you want or don't want to cross with a particular person. Nothing wrong with that, everyone of us make similar decisions every day.

• So that's what's on your mind. Financial stuff has been bothering you. Well, good luck anyway! :-)

• I like how you think. Almost makes me feel better haha. But yeah all true. Good luck! 👍

• I wouldn't call these positive things. Sure: 1-3 are a relief in some way, well, more like mercy killings really.

4 isn't positive, it's just going back to square zero (square one would be where you already have an object of your affection), when you're at square zero you have no guarantee you'll meet someone else, or maybe you will but it'll take 10 years. Also, you just observed a case where you didn't get liked back by someone you liked, which tells you that maybe you have to lower your standards.

On 5, yes rejection is better than being lead on, but not leading people on is common f*cking decency, not something positive.

Having said all that, of course people should make their feelings known at some point if they're unsure about the other person's feelings towards them. Whether or not they like you back has already been decided, all you can do is find out of you're wasting your time or not.

• Well, the fact that you realized that maybe you have to lower your standards is a good thing too, if you see that it's necessary. I don't see getting back to the square 0 as a bad thing, you're free to "shape" yourself again according to what you've experience in the past, opinions about it may differ though.

• Having to (or thinking you have to) lower your standards is a horrible feeling. From then on you will always know you're settling and that any partners you have afterwards are second or third choice (and you hope they won't find out).

• I didn't get rejected much. When I did I say, oh very well, your loss and trucked on down the highway. Many times the rejectors came back. I flat said things will
    be entirely on my terms. Usually we date 3-4 months and found there was noting there. No harm no foul. But we were sexual from the first date on or I refused them. I made no exceptions.

• Well, you make it clear from the beginning what you want, this is good. If other person agrees nobody can blame you if things go wrong.

• You're right, bud.

I did the math once, and there are something like 700+ million women worldwide that meet my criteria for age, ethnicity, and weight. So why take bullshit from any one of them?

You're spot-on in that they are easily replaced, too. AND, they're easy to do without.

• agree

• That's an excellent way to look at it. Cool!
    Great job bro! Very good take! Thanks for sharing!

• I have to say, this is what needs to be shown to shy guys who can't approach.

They knew these points and how they'll feel after they'll be in the game.

Rejection is still good, just not what you want.

• I agree. I have experienced twice, years ago, the regret of not doing anything because I feared rejection. I can say for sure this is far worse than being rejected. Nobody has nothing to lose, if people don't take their chances nothing will ever happen. Rejection just doesn't change the "status quo".

• I have to disagree that rejection is a positive thing. A learning experience for sure, but also heartbreaking. For someone like me, to whom true love means everything, a rejection feels like a missed opportunity, an unfulfilled dream. Anyways, good luck to both of us, may romance favor the romantics.

• Well, I didn't mean that rejection itself is a positive thing, my point is that we can see positive things in rejection. Of course it's at least very disappointing, but if we look deeply into it we can see that our doubts are ended and be thankful that the person who rejected us was at least honest to tell us the truth. Being led on is far worse.

• True. I found that out the hard way sadly. You know, you're a good guy matheus, I want to thank you for making a genuine effort to bring back real love. Good luck on your journey!

• The deepest lessons we learn the hard way, unfortunately. Thanks, you're a good guy too. I wish you good luck as well.