Welcome to the Most Embarrassing Crush Story EVER

Background

When I was in 8th grade I had a big crush on this guy. There were guys I "crushed" on or thought was cute, but with this guy I had an actual big crush on.

We were seated together in one class and started becoming friends. At first he started acting like he liked me. Then towards the end of the school year he started treating me different and I guess we are no longer friends.

Preparing For Failure

It was a day before Valentines day and our school break. I thought it was the perfect time to tell him that I like him.

I went to the store and bought a bunch of candies and wrapped it into a bouquet. I made him a card and wrote the reasons why I liked him in it and my number. I thought it would be unique, cute, and that he'll like it.

(REMINDER: I was an awkward 13 year old at the time. In the reasons why I liked him I put things like "You are hella cute", "You are swag", and etc which I cringe about TIL THIS DAY!)

The Nightmare Begins!

That night I couldn't sleep and stayed up until 4 AM. When it was the end of our class, my friend and I waited until he walked into the hall. She called his name for me because I was too scared to. After she did that I knew there was no turning back.

The process of me giving him the candy was SO EMBARRASSING! I kept walking a lot faster than him and he kept telling me to slow down, and on top of that I dropped one of the candies out of the bouquet. I was a mess. Finally, I got everything together and told him that I liked him.

He took the candy and walked away. Literally, he didn't say anything and he had a blank facial expression. So, I told him to text me. He said okay and slowly walked away.

At that moment I felt accomplished.

On Break

Fast fowarding into our school break he never did text me and I waited a whole week. I thought maybe that he forgot so I decided to message him. He told me that he was sorry and forgot to. Our text message was short because he stopped replying four messages into the convo. I didn't even bother messaging him back.

Wrapping it up

There were other embarrassing incident's that happened AFTER I told him I like him like when I asked him if he was going to the dance and he said no and in addition to that I replied with "Oh, poo", or the time I cried infront of him and the whole class while presenting...

Also, looking back I think everything happened for a reason. He wasn't really a good kid. I heard he does drugs now. So there's a lesson in here somewhere.

In my opinion, this is the most embarrassing thing that could happen with your crush. I cringe and feel sick to my stomach whenever I think about my incidents with him. I do not miss my 8th grade self haha.

This could've been a good Valentine's day story, but it randomly came to my mind and I currently feel sick to my stomach..

Feel free to share your thoughts and embarrassing crush stories!

By the way, this is my first myTake!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 5

• There was this one girl when I was in school, and she was so beautiful that I thought the world revolved her. She was older than I was, but I so couldn't help myself be just be in love with her. Like you I gave her Valentines Day gifts and other things, and I felt so foolish in the end when I found out she had a boyfriend that was older than her. Turns out to this day her now ex- is one of my best friends. There is always hope for the future.

• Well, you didn't lost anything... except the gift you made.
    I will say you have guts to make this happen.

But looking now if he's gone down and drugging, you don't want that kind of guy, do you?

I feel for you girl.

• Sorry but i m LMAO so hard😂😂😂

• I wish a girl did that to me tbh :( I would have thought that was really cute :) but no, this guy too ugly for dat 😭😂

• That's embarrassing alright. Just to let you know they only get worse :P I have a few realy bad ones but they are probably not appropriate for a 16 year old

What Girls Said 4

• Despite how ridiculously embarrassing it seemed, I am at awe on how you still managed to let him know! :)

• Aw omg that must've been embarrassing as hell.

• I went through a slew of embarrassing crushes. One was when I had a crush on this super hot guy a year ahead of me. This boy was burning up the world tbh. He went to high school and I was in my last year of middle. This guy does not even know me. I thought he knew who I was and I thought he might be crushing on me because he smiled in my direction a lot. I then proceeded to write a love letter of how much I missed him and how much I like him and hope we can be together once I got to highschool. My friend heard him talking about this person he liked and it sounded like he said my name. I gave the letter to my friend to give it to him. He got it but the truth is he is gay and the name he was saying is a boys name similar to mine. He's also popular so the story made a few rounds. 😁

• Damn. Sorry lol. Don't worry, we all have embarrassing moments. I bet the druggie looks back now and wishes he hadn't said no to the good girl so he'd be different.