4 Reasons Why Girls Should Want a Guy Who Still Lives With Parents

The negative stigma attached to men who still live at home is so ridiculously abundant, you would not want to if you were 18, much less between 25 and 35. But trust me, ladies, the pros of dating a guy who still lives at home, far outweigh the cons (provided he has a decent income, good looks, and personality.) And here are the top three reasons.

#1) He will know you want him for HIM, and not what he's earning or living in.

Guys who have good jobs and houses of their own might gets lots of attention from women, but 99% of the time,...they're the parasitic, loveless kind, who may as well work in brothels. He will know that if he became successful and then lost everything for any reason, you'll still love him. Period.

#2) He'll have far more disposable income and facilities.

He can pamper you a lot more. What else can I say?

#3) You'll have very little competition--if ANY--from other women.

A guy who lives at home isn't exactly a chick magnet. But a "chick" is for rich guys, a real woman is for a real man.

#4) He'll be much more loyal.

You think a wealthy guy with a mansion is going to stick by you if he knows he can have any whore he wants whenever he wants? Guys who still live at home know their limitations. So he'll worship you for giving him the opportunity.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 21

• This Take is highly inaccurate, mostly because it generalizes men and what they do. Living at home doesn't mean disposable income. It also doesn't mean they're even working or that they'll treat you any differently than someone who is established. Also, a guy who wants me for me wouldn't make me worry about competition, whether or not he lived at home. Plus, how would I know he doesn't want me for MY money? I have a career, car, own place, and take of myself. Him living at home doesn't tell me that. I'd have to go based on his personality alone and at my age, I need to trust he knows how to 'adult'.

Sorry, not buying it at all.

• I think your delusional and need a biology/gender dynamic lesson lol For a start men dont choose women on how much they make and the status that they want to get attached to. A women's value is determined by her beauty and fertility which starts decreasing after 30 am sorry to say, no matter what these feminists tell you. A woman can't buy a man like a man can buy a women because both sexes have their very own mating strategy. An money is not woman's :)

• @Beaver19 That's not what I said at all lol, stop trying to add words to my statements to make yourself sound right.

• Regardless of what other guys say, I fully agree.

Well said!

• good take!

• Lol this take 😂

• Im not convinced.

• Not really, my last last ex. he's 25 now and still lives with his parents. he's still immature and selfish.

• I don't think 25 is too old for a guy to live with his parents anyway. As long as he does everything for himself and doesn't depend on them for his laundry or cleaning lol. Save up some money, buy a car etc. Take full advantage of that opportunity if you can and if they don't mind.

I've been on my own since I was 17 and that is not a fun experience lol

• I can't say I agree with your points but I do think that the stigma against guys living with their parents is pretty silly. It's based on the assumption that the guy is only doing so because he can't support himself but there are many reasons beside from that. Perhaps he's more family-oriented and wants to be closer to them or even who knows maybe he's the one supporting them. Then there are guys my age who are in college and studying while living at home is just more financially sound.

• This is stupid😒

• I want a guys like that because I live with my parent too so I think that's cool.
    Plus like this it will be his mother who wash his clothes and not me XD

• I was excited to this read this Take based on the title, but unfortunately I feel like the content fell flat. You present many generalizations of both genders here, which doesn't help you at all. You're saying that women are just gold diggers? And that all wealthy guys are players/assholes?
    I don't want a guy to "worship" me because I'm the only one giving him a chance. I don't want him to be with me because I'm his only choice - I want him to pick me. I don't care if there's more "competition," at least then I'll know that he truly wants to be with me, and he's not just settling for me because I'm his only choice.
    You say that a guy living at home will be able to pamper me, but then say he's different from the wealthy guys - so which is it? Does he have money or not?
    I do agree that there are many benefits to living at home in your 20's. And a guy living at home is not a deal breaker. But there are many factors involved that I think you should have examined more. Living at home is an awesome way to save up money. My parents both lived at home before getting married. Then they had enough money to buy a house when they were married. If he's living at home to save up money, I definitely see that as a smart move (and it's the same thing I'm doing!) But not every 20-something who lives at home is saving up money. Some are living at home because they have no other choice and they're unemployed. Now, I would never automatically judge someone who is unemployed in this economy. Its tough out there for recent grads, so of course many are unemployed and living at home. But I want a partner who has a drive. If he's been applying and interviewing and doing his best but just isn't employed yet, that's totally understandable. But if he's not even trying to find a job, then I don't think we will have comparable personalities.

• This should have been the take tbh. The actual take was a bit of a disapointment

• @Falling4UTC I think it's more to go against the stigma that any male who lives at home past 18 is some loser when really most just want to save money while going to school etc. whereas 'independent' guys actually are just partying frat boys who live on their own and even less mature a lot of the time.

• @Beaver19 I get that the author was trying to go against the stigma, and I agree that the stigma is bad and needs to go away. I just don't think this author did an effective job of explaining that. And I think the author introduced other generalizations, which do not help his argument either.

• Most people can't afford a place of their own. I know I can't, so I still live with my parents. Im having trouble finding a permanent job, that's where my problem stems from. Otherwise I would have a place of my own. I don't believe that this would make anyone more faithful or loyal though.

• Lol I bet you live w your parents

• Is this what white people worry about? I don't think I've ever heard of stigma about men living at home. In Hispanic homes they either get pregnant at like 15 and leave, or remain with our parents until like our 30s lol

The only negative I see is where are we fucking? I hate car sex.

Also, you make it seem like the only thing keeping a man faithful is that he has no better options. Hmmmm :/

• yeah girls in UK and America hate guys that still live with their parents.

• aren't you from a latin part of US though? you're definitely right that white girls do NOT have a very tolerant view when it comes to extended families. they just see guys that live at home as "scroungers" where I come from: i. e. they will "scrounge" off their parent's wallet and they will "scrounge" off the state rather than get a job. What they don't understand is that "just get a job" is not always advice that that's simple to apply. I've had my own predicament with this so feel strongly about it, especially if women are going to assume that you're a good for nothing and don't WANT to work because you haven't got a job / place of your own yet.

If I'm being nice about those women they're just ignorant - and that's giving them the benefit of the doubt. Worse case scenario is: they are bad, judgmental people and probably gold diggers also.

• @the_rake from the "barrios" that's Spanish for "hood" but Hispanic hoods obviously lol

Damn, I honestly don't think I've ever seen Hispanic women shy away from a man that lives at home in his 20s. Like a good majority of my friends are dating men still living at home, both my exes were still with their moms, and I never even made a second thought to it.

Huh. White people and their problems yo

• So guys will only be loyal if they can't do any better? Nice.

• Cool mytake, I like it :D

• Depends on the reason. If he is living at home to save for the future or a house, it makes sense. Perhaps he wants to pay off his student loans, and it is easier to live at home. I'm understanding about that. The guy I am interested in right now moved back home to save for a house. He hates it, and he tells people that it's not the best environment for him, and he can't wait until he has enough for a down payment. That's understandable. I'm working on buying the condo I'm renting from the owners, and if it weren't for the fact that it would drive me nuts to live at home again, I'd consider it. I'm basically throwing money away by renting.

Now a guy that just lives at home just to sponge off his parents is different. One of my co-workers has kids all in their 20s. Not one of them plans to move out, and he works two jobs to support them. That is ridiculous. He complains about it all the time.

• ... so basically the only pro here is... nobody wants this guy, so he's all yours?

• We can't have lots of sex if he lives with parents and i can't casually walk around naked which i love to do.

• It's simple: court him, marry him, no sex before (sex shouldn't be the point), then learn to negotiate. It's not some impossible task, it just requires patience, planning, and a little humility.

• So now it's "prudish" to believe in honest gain? No, dear. A prude is someone who won't allow any hugging, kissing, or even eye-batting in public. And who will hit you with a purse if you goose someone.

• @ObscuredBeyond i'm not sure you're aware but 1956 was 60 years ago

• 1. So all women that date a successful man are parasitic loveless brothel workers. Right... you've already told your key demographic that they're disgusting people who only like men for their money so well done trying to find a woman now. Let me say this, you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar.

2. He's a sponge who's living off his parents and not paying and rent or food bills or anything to help the people who are taking care of his housing situation? Sure sounds like a catch to me. If he's so rich why not move out?

3. Don't tell real women what real women want and don't want. A sponge isn't attractive - a confident professional man is. The man I'm dating is one of those, who has his own home but his elderly aunt happens to live with him so he can take care for her in her old age - that's infinitely more attractive than sleeping with a man in his teenage bedroom. Real women, like what they like for their own reasons. Women want a mans man, you're not selling yourself as one right now.

4. Prove it? Living at home with mum and dad doesn't mean you're more or less likely to cheat. I've dated lads like that who were cheaters and I've dated 'rich' guys who were very attentive, kind, caring, non cheating men. So that debunks that theory.

It's fine that you live at home, fair enough I'm not here to rag on anyone for living at home but don't claim all women are prostitutes for wanting to date men of a higher social standing with money, don't call women who like you 'real women', insinuating that the other women in the world aren't women. Come back with some legit reasons and I'd take this seriously.

• I know my next-door neighbor has recently transferred the ownership of the house to the youngest son of the family. I think some families do that. Some families live in multi-generational households, even in the United States where people value individualism and independence, all their lives. The kids grow up, get jobs, get married, inherit the house while the parents are still living or close to death, and keep the house. The house is usually the most valuable asset a middle-class family has, because it may be the only piece of land that the family owns.

Therefore, a guy or a girl living with parents is not necessarily always a turn-off, because it may be reflective of particular lifestyle. Living at home with parents also brings the cost of living down. If the aging parents and grown-up child all work, then they are bringing a lot of income. That is like a tri-income family!

• That was a stupid thing to do. There was a case in the midwest a few years ago where a couple transferred ownership of their house to their only son, and he sold it out from under them.

• @zagor A lot of trust and responsibility has to go into the transferring of property. Some people, it seems, don't deserve it.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 36

• Too many (majority) women today don't see to get it.

begoodmuslim.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/love.jpg

They chase rich guys in their youth for relationship/marriage and think these guys don't know what's up or have trust issues that you actually love them.

Sucking his dick 100+ times and acting lovey dove isn't going to sway him girls. It's when you stop using him for his money or expecting him to treat you out very often and actually give to him more than he does for you that you can actually show u truly love him.

• I've seen this all the time. So many girls who still live with their parents even in 25-29 range, or are in college and have roommates refuse to date men in the same situation and chase after men who are already well establish, have a nice car and their own place.

• Women in their prime 20s whore around with alpha males then settle down with beta nice guys in their 30s when they're used goods when nobody wants or commits to them, they usually end up single mothers looking for a providing chump to take care of them. Anybody who has their shit together that settles for a post wall woman in her 30s is a fool.

• I don't think anyone's going to pay much attention to this sadly. It's because the arguments you use are something of a double edged sword and seem more like things a devil's advocate would be saying rather than a guy who knows very well that he is not any better or worse than someone with a house of their own.

• What I can't understand about these guys on GAG is that they think they can negotiate with women on what's attractive. I've tried that already... just no point lol it always ends up with women getting angry when nice guys confront women on why they ride the cock carousel with bad boys and good looking players

• I still live at home. But I do not appreciate the stereotypes. I work hard and am in school. I have a 4.0GPA in college and graduated high school as student of the year and valedictorian, so you cannot say I do not have ambition.

Why do I live at home? Try getting an apartment in the Bay Area of California where even people with graduate degrees are struggling to make a living. Furthermore I've already decided that I will not move out until I get married. It has nothing to do with laziness but the fact that family is all I have, and I am especially close to them after a tumultuous childhood.

I cannot be alone. I either need my family or a wife. Otherwise my depression will act up, and I may even be suicidal.

• Exactly. Live with my folks at 25. Graduated Magna Cum Laude with a Bachelors in Accounting then got a Masters Degree. Now studying for my CPA. Work out everyday. Actively looking for work everyday, applying, interviewing etc. but live in CA and am in an extremely competitive field with many candidates seeking employment and jobs are hard to come by. There are obviously exceptions.

• Eh. I still live at home.

1. Being broke so I can afford my own apartment in a nice part of town isn't appealing.
    2. Every single person I talk to hates their room mates.
    3. Live in a three story gorgeous castle and pitch in a few hundred a month... or rent a 600 sq foot apartment for $800 a month... Hmm.

• Right, there's economic and personal circumstances that can effect a person's ability to get a good job and a place of their own, especially if that person's under 30. Refusing to date somebody for these reasons isn't that much better than guys refusing to date somebody because her boobs aren't big enough or something.

• It's certainly true that living at home can be an excellent financial decision, provided, as you say, the guy actually works and is moving forward in life in other ways.

I do have to take issue with the idea that "99%" of men with jobs and houses of their own are "parasitic" and "loveless" and "may as well work in brothels." ... that might be a bit of an exaggeration. :P

• #2) is correct. You pay less for rent. It's a matter of convenience and financial benefit. I wouldn't really understand why anyone would find status more important than income.

• the only two i would agree with are number 1 and 4. these are the main things keeping me out of relationships

• Well, I still live with my parents, but not because I'm lazy. I have a job and I go to graduate school.

The reason why I'm still living there is to save money and not have to take further student loans, as I already owe $20,000 from my undergraduate years. The cost of rent is ridiculous these days, I see people like my sister paying $1000 a month.

• Lmfao. Strong coping skills. I just turned 23 and live with my parents but I'm leaving to university in the fall. I can sort of get away with it because I was military. Either way it's a turn off dude lmfao. Shows that you haven't experienced life on your own yet.

• I still live with mine.
    I'm wondering how to find a girl who won't mind? (I have epilepsy, so no job or college until it's cured...)

• Lol on point 4!!! Omg, but this seems to be the attitude required to secure a girl to be less innocent around you. Treating her like crap.

Good guys who are sweet, and text her (don't ignore), listen to her feelings and are good boyfriend material guys get left to view her innocence as she fucks the guys who don't provide her with any emotional validation. Perverse twisted logic.

Pls help me on mine? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2046147-is-a-woman-more-likely-to-be-openly-sexual-with-someone-who-isn-t

• OP still lives in his parents basement and is trying to justify why he's unwilling to move out and share an apartment. lmao

• I haven't dated a girl yet that has a problem with me living with my aunt and mom at the age of 28. Their was a series of unfortunate events that led to moving back in with them and one of them is the break up with my girlfriend, we lived together and brought in two incomes to live where we lived. It's hard now an days to live on your own without a significant other or roommates to support the bill. On top of that we have to pay our phone bills, student loans, car insurance, car payment, It all adds up. I keep up with all my bills but it still doesn't leave me enough to live on my own.

I feel embarrassed but then I don't feel embarrassed , it's weird. I do have my Masters degree but it's in a field that doesn't make a lot of money at the moment. I guess what i'm trying to say is don't judge a person to quickly who still live with their parents, they might still be responsible reasonable people.

• Lmao all the immature teenage girls be goin' like "this is stupid" "this is absurd" while more mature adult women agree on this.

• You mean a total loser? Yeah i totally understand what you are getting at there mang

• Oh yeah good luck getting pampered by someone who wants mutual respect. Will you pamper me after? Doubt it, hoe.

• this could of been don better my friend.
    but point 1 was an eye opener.
    imma start living with my parents just to filter out the bitches...

• In the end economic wins even though nobody wants to be materialistic.

Only a fool pays $1000 a month to live alone. The smart one stick around like a leech and pays as little as he can get away with and save the extra cash for the future. Money talks, honor walks. A poor sob is miserable no matter how manly he looks.

• Hey now! I'm a 25-year-old guy who still lives with his dad and...

... yeah, pretty much true.

1. It's kinda nice, too. I am very picky about being with girls who aren't expecting me to play some sort of role. I have little to no tolerance for any girl who throws me some arbitrary idea of what a man "should" be. Yeah, change your gender then come back to me on that one. Most of my dates have gone Dutch, and we have great conversations about politics, human nature, history, science, etc. Not a single one who gives half a shit who some pop star is sleeping with.

If I get the feeling she is one of those "basic" girls, I let slip the idea that I live at home to confirm what kind of girl she is.

2. I'm an electrical engineer, so the majority of my income is going into savings, which I am using to make a large down-payment on a house. But yeah, there is quite a bit of it, and I'm not even officially "hired" yet, where I will see a nice pay boost. Let's not forget that I am generally quite handy.

And yes, despite my desire to go Dutch on first dates, I DO enjoy getting you nice things now and again. I just don't buy anything for someone who expects it of me, and buy things for people who don't expect it.

3. Now.. you can still be a chick magnet and live at home. It's just that a magnet is totally useless at a long distance. At an apartment or young community, people seem to know and meet each other more. Where I live... well... I just met my neighbor for the first time yesterday. She has lived there for 3 years.

I don't have many problems with girls, just finding them.

4. Lol. "Any whore he wants" I would think someone with more disposable income could, by definition, get any "whore" he wants. Unfortunately, I'm not much into whores, and I select against the kinds of girls who would be impressed by a thick wallet. (One girl was starting med school for, like, cardio-respiratory surgery or something. She liked to talk about the heart, lungs, and blood and stuff. Had it worked out for us, she would easily be making 4X my paycheck.)

• Great, cause I still live with my parents :P

• More from Guys
    16