What I Love About Nerdy Men

There are different sorts of men that appeal to me.

One of the types, I will focus on are those that appear nerdy.

Don't worry, I haven't gone crazy (just yet), I am in no way speaking about the Steve Urcle (Family Matters actor) or Screech (Saved by the bell actor) over-exaggerated kind of nerd; that makes you want to pull your hairs out and run in into ongoing traffic.

Well, maybe that was a bit of an extreme reaction......

I am speaking about the types of men that are visually attractive but appear as if their main focus is in the books and career. These types of guys usually are into video games and often times don't mind relaxing at home. They take it easy and do very predictable things. They aren't into the club or bar scene, they hardly ever drink. When they do, it is done in a responsible and calculated manner.

I know...I know...you're probably wondering what could possibly be so interesting about a man who doesn't live on the wild side? Since, I've got a lot of that already in me, I like someone who can be my opposite half. I find that creates balance in a relationship, it's the many differences between us that makes us whole.

You will not believe when I tell you that in some cases these nerds are...

1. Undercover freaks

Don't let his intelligence and hesitation to try something new, make you assume he's a complete bore in the bed room. This nerdy guy has done all of his homework. Besides his prior experience(s) before you, he has researched the deed so much that he is able to rock your world. Who knew someone with such a persona could make your eyes roll back and pussy orgasm the way he made it? Trey Songz had it right, when he said the neighbors know his name, because this surely is the case in this situation.

2. Ambitious

There's nothing more sexier than a man that wants to go far in life. This guy will make a great father (if he isn't one already). He has one heck of a drive to do well and is never detoured due to outside influences.

3. Mature

He might have his moments where he may act like a kid, but when it comes down to tough situations you'll never catch him doing anything irresponsible.

Some people have to make mistakes in order to learn from them, but not him. Even just the thought of the possible precautions for his actions ,is enough to stray him away from any temptation lingering his way. This man has his own mind and is not easily influenced.

Who knew not being a risk taker could come in handy?

4. He walks away from fights

I know a lot of us women like the big and tough men, that can kick a guys ass if he messes with us. But, the wanting to fight every one gets old after a while because it is an impossible task.

As you mature mentally, people that have a grip on situations are the types that may appeal to you more.

Yes, this man sticks up for himself but things don't ever reach a physical level. He knows how to intelligently dismiss and insult someone without things ever escalating to that degree.

5. Loyal

I've heard so many women say, "Men are dogs". They believe that stereotype because unfortunately their life experiences have showed them no differently. This guy is a lone wolf, and as I said before he follows no pack. When he says you're his girl, he means it and stays true to you. The question is, will you do the same to him? or take his kindness for granted?

So, there you have it...

I can appreciate the many different types of men, especially the most often overlooked!

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 54

• So, Just wearing glasses makes you a nerd?

• I made no mention if personality through out this entire post

• You have to be careful that the guy you are describing is really a nerd because you do need some personality quirks/traits to qualify as a nerd in the first place.

• Keep in mind if someone fit all all the traits of a nerd they are a stereotype.
      Just like if a black person fits all of the traits of their description , they'd also be a stereotype too.
      With everything there are exceptions.
      Not everyone fits a categorization down to a T.
      But it doesn't change anything , they still are what they are.
      I'm just as much black if I do not fit the stereotype.
      I'm just as much a nerd if I do not fit the stereotype as well.

• hmm, I'm not so sure how much of this is true versus wishful thinking...

• I'm only speaking on behalf of nerds I've encountered , so this is true according to my experience.

• I know , but like I said I'm just speaking on experience. I had a nerdy guy ( was with him for ten years ) read a lot about sex watched a lot of lesbian porn, although I was only his second girl he gave me the best oral sex I could ever imagine. I had another nerdy guy and he went for hours during sex , didn't expect it because he was a huge book worm.
      I'm not speaking full of air , this is actually my solid experience I am giving.

• "this is actually my solid experience I am giving."

Fair dos.

• Okay, in a perfect world, this would all be true about most nerdy guys.

Sadly, however, it's not. Unfortunately, from what women have told me over the years about their dealings with nerdy guys, they're almost never "undercover freaks" (generally being timid and insecure), they're often shockingly IMmature (typically due to a simple lack of social development), and... well, there's a big difference between walking away from a fight and running away from one. ;)

I think all nerdy guys wish they were exactly what you described, though. :)

• I was careful to stay clear of generalization and say "some" when introducing what I love about nerds. The ones I've been involved with were exactly like what I described.
      There's never a true for all coat however.
      Of course some nerds won't fit this description :)

• Hah defiantly true for some of us but not all of us, though I'm a geek and a dork not a nerd lol.

• As a nerd I can confirm this. Especially #1 ;)

• You realize these are nothing like nerd qualities. Most nerd are neckbeards who beat off to anime and complain online about pro wrestling or marvel movies

• i must say this mytake is accurate. i liked reading it.

• Lol none of these traits are exclusive to nerdy men.

• LMAO! You basically like Alpha males with glasses. Nerd my ass.

• I have never met a man who would walk away from a fight. I don't think I could

• Not sure if fighting over a comic book is mature but hey, each of us nerds have kryptonite lol, i myself am more of a nerd/dork/adventurer like a nerd jock but not into sports unless its soccer, lacross or rugby, love finding adventures but being in a city is hard to find one

• This was nice to read. Much thanks. XD

• So you want to date the male lead from a Rom-Com?

Sorry, but nerd means socially awkward, it means of course tonight's Battlestar Galactica rerun takes priority over what that sl*t Kate said at work today, it means that the little romantic gestures are superfluous and illogical, now let me get back to this essay on Cato or line of code or what have you, it means that not wanting to be social ain't just a bitty inhibition or a sometimes thing, it's default. Is this the case for every nerd or all the time? Of course not, but I'm sick of getting pigeon holed as some submissive fairytale metrosexual trophy partner because I like English History and Warhammer A LOT and couldn't get a date in high school. Yes, I'm a nerd, yes I have plans for my life, but I quite like people, I have punched jerks, and I'm sure as Hell not a covert pervert. Was this supposed to be a cute article? Yes, and it was, but someone's been hitting the movies hard.

• Although I actually got/get great grades in school, play (ed) video games, didn't/don't drink, wasn't/am not into the big party scene, and was/is often very focused on my hobbies (art and music), I've never really been called a nerd. I always thought it was a good thing, but according to this take, maybe not lol

That aside, on one hand, my pride wants to take hold of the descriptions you gave and say "YEP, that's me 100%," but alas, I feel like doing so would be for naught. There are aspects of this I can rightly claim (i. e. Video games, lack of drinking, lack of partying), but I feel the rest are for others to decide of me.

I would describe this mytake as describing a version of an ideal man. Naturally everyone qualified under the first description (doesn't drink, plays video games, etc.) going to want to be the ideal lol. I mean, who is going to think of themselves as unambitious, unloyal, and immature? Of course I and others are going to think they are ambitious, loyal, and mature. Those are positive traits.

But the harsh reality is that one may be less ambitious than they think, less loyal than they think, and less mature than they think. Heck they may be accurate in their description, but there is so much self bias that self description makes it without merit. An ideal, by definition, cannot be shared by the majority.
    (Note this above was all more so a reaction to the comments)

But what else am I getting at? I do believe there are some nerdy guys out there in the way you describe it. I do believe there also Steve Urcle types. However, the majority of people who don't really drink or party or whatnot fall in the middle of the spectrum... An average of em if you will. The ideal you describe does not apply to the majority of "nerdy" men but rather a very very small minority.

Not necessarily a pipe dream-- but not exactly practical for the average "nerd" or one described as "nerdy."

• I'm an absolute nerd and I LOVE IT

• well you're describing me to a fucking T that's for sure

• You need to go to a video game tournament, anime convention, or uni mathematics department. I've been in all three, and I can tell you firsthand that everyone in those places is smelly, socially retarded, inept at grooming, dresses horribly, and is out of shape.

What you want is a Hallmark movie hunk with glasses. They exist, but none of the "nerdy" traits apply to them. They're the same as any other douche, just with impaired or faux-impaired eyesight.

"But there's guys with those interests that are HOT and ---". No. Shhh. If they even exist, they're most likely already taken. I've been around nerds for most of my life, unfortunately, and this romanticized perception of them from both genders is really fucking stupid and unrealistic.

• I'm speaking about nerds I've met in College. You can't stereotype and group everyone in one basket.
      This is the same as people thinking blacks and Hispanics fit under a certain personality trait due to their race.

• And of course , look wise or clothing style due to nothing other than their ethnicity.
      These traits are true according to my exposure not what I sat and fantasized about.

• As I said, douchebag with glasses =/= nerd.

• i feel good about myself, thanks

• I think I'm a type of guy that Read and study and also doesn't go to bars or clubs and also my clothes are a bit Classic I'm not into swaggy and those types and also playing video games but that doesn't turn you into a nerd ;) Take it easy

• More from Guys
    34

What Girls Said 7

• This take is spot on! Nerds are awesome and charismatic but most do not realize this. They can also be great leaders for something they're passionate about.

I have held the most profound conversations with nerdy guys in general. I find them to be really interesting 😊

• Nerds are the best ❤️ Especially when they love Pokemon and video games like me. That's why I love my boyfriend.

• 100% agree and is why I'm with one. ^^ He's also doesn't look like the physical stereotype of a nerd, aka nicely toned body and hot/cute face. ^^

• Glasses are sexy and so are guitar players

• Nerdy guys have way more of a chance with girls than they realize. What gets in the way is themselves and their low self-esteem. Most nerdy guys are self-defeating, and they don't even give themselves a chance to get the girl they want. I'm very attracted to intelligent guys (though I can't stand know-it-alls) and think that some nerdy guys are incredibly funny.

• Majority of guys I dated (like 3) are Nerds. 😍

• Can't relate, but to each their own. Glad those guys are getting some lurve

• So what don't you like about nerds?

• @Toad-1 I don't vibe with them as a potential romantic partner. I'm not their type, they're not mine. We just operate within different circles, and in different ways. My intellectual and social lives are separate, and I follow (and sometimes create) social norms within my peer group. I am what some would call an "alpha female." I appreciate nerds as friends and people to learn from, though. They're very special. Dating one would get on my nerves after a while, as I've found that many have no appreciation for certain forms of convention and discretion.