What Attracts You More: Face or Body?

The most attractive thing about you should have less to do with your face or body and more to do with your heart and how you treat people.

I am pretty sure we all can agree with the above quote.

But in all truth, how many of us actually apply those words to our dating life?

There's a greater portion of humans than are willing to admit, that will completely turn someone down based on an appearance given to them by genetics.

None of us got to decide our race or facial features. Whether we like the way we look or not, we just have to live with it (unless we were born into fame and fortune and can alter our appearance like countless celebrities).
Some of us are fortunate to have been born with great looks. It makes life easier in certain aspects; it definitely can work in ones advantage.

Along with one's naturally good looks, they have the choice of whether they want to add to their appeal by taking great care of our bodies or not paying attention to it (by lack of exercise and eating unhealthy foods).

When a person neglects their body, no matter how "attractive" they are facially, it is a deal breaker for those who feel a great body is a must have.

Neglecting your body can lead to obvious weight gain along with other health issues.

Some people would rather their person of interest have a great body, and a face that's not very attractive versus someone who has a attractive face and a unappealing body.

Unattractive (Not good looking) Face, Appealing body

Attractive (Average face), Unappealing body

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some people would generally think none of the above photos are that bad. However, it is apparent that the first two people have far better bodies than their face. In other words, I would give a different rating for their faces than I would their bodies. The last two, aren't bad looking people facially, however their body weight would be a deal breaker for some people.

Which holds more importance to you when it comes to dating, the face or body?

Lets pretend you couldn't choose both and it had to be one or the other.

Be honest!

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 63

• Face because you can change your body any time. In fact, I never approached a girl for her body. It's her face what attracts me (considering she has a tolerable body). My friends consider me weird for not caring about body and my standards are too damn high when it comes to face.

Realistically, I will get a girl who has both because there are billions of options and I certainly consider myself to be way better than an average guy. But for the sake of your question, I'll go for a face even tho I should choose body, because that represents what you ARE, how you maintained yourself unlike face, what you get just luckily.

Obesity will cause you diabetes, heart attacks and various other problems, making my love life shorter, but still, I don't think I can kiss an ugly face unless she saves my life. Yes, I'm that shallow.

• Def face, body can change (fairly easily with some dedication).

• The face if the most important, cause you can't change it without plastic surgery, where someone who is just overweight, can just work to get healthier.

• Face. I know someone with a killer body, but her face was just hideous, so no. And I know a woman with a hot face, but is a bit overweight, but I liked her.

• The face: you look at it more often, it remains when the body ages and the body can be worked on. Plus I've always had a thing for pretty faces while I don't care nearly as much for boobs or butts. I've liked skinny, flat girls, chubby girls and everything in between but they always had a face I found pretty.

• Both is important but the face is a bit more important, although, the face doesn't help much if the body is fat.

• I guess if I had to pick one body is more important. But seriously, if I have to put a bag on her head or turn off the lights and pretend she's someone else why bother at all? That only works for so long. And that quote is one of those old meme's that is total horseshit, right up there with "time heals all wounds" (it doesn't). The real world doesn't work like that. In reality personality doesn't mean much if you are unattractive to the point no one wants to even talk to you or be seen with you in public to learn about it.

• Definitely face. She can always change her body through work.

• I'm going to have to be honest Stacyzee. I am a man of the body. I love a woman's face too, as well as her personality above all. I detest these loser neckbeards who have no problem degrading women via prostitution. But as far as sexual attraction goes, I like the body. The female anatomy to me is simply irresistible. Especially the legs and feet.

• Can't do one or the other, maybe if I want to drunkenly bang a girl who doesn't mind wearing a paper bag haha. But she's got to have both.

• A face ON a not-fat body.

• You mean body?

• I wouldn't be with any of those two either because both things are important.. but hypothetically if I had to choose.. I'd choose face...

• @cinderelli well I wouldn't choose so that's that lol

• I know I'm following your question and I'm sorry for that, but I would rather be with a 4-5/10 with a good personality than a 10/10 with a poor personality

• Wow, good examples (extreme!). I would have to go with body. I think there are other kinds of bad bodies besides fat, but fat is definitely bad! A fat body can mess up a cute face, like it does for the girl here.

• face as long as the body is not fat, iam not looking for a great body average does it for me but a pretty face is important.

• Ugh I think both matter,, but the face matters more because your body can be changed, but your face can't

• Well I mean I hate to be that guy but I am old and personality means more. Id date the one I liked more. Though if both of them were perfectly equal Id tahe the body over the face.

• I love me a butterface sometimes

• Brain, Face and Body...

• Face because the body can be fixed with fitness and nutrition.

• These questions keep. coming, but when your heart stumbles on someone, all these theories fail. You just like the person and no past theories make sense or hold true.

• More from Guys
    43

What Girls Said 29

• Face definitely.

When it comes to body mostly I just don't want fat or scrawny. Anything within the average range is attractive to me if the dude has a cute face.

• Face for sure. Whenever I look at someone I judge their attraction on their face because body shape isn't an issue. I like a little cushion as much as a chocolate bar chest.

• Face for me. You can always work on your body, but an ugly face can't be fixed.

• Face for sure. I'm gonna be looking at the face every single time I will see that person, its way more important than the body.

• Girls will most likely choose face guys will most likely choose body. I mean that first chick is ugly but her body is nice. And many men will call her hot lol. Men and women can't be anymore different when it comes to this. I choose face, if your ugly your ugly no amount of titty implants or muscles will change it. But if your like the big chick a body can be worked on.

• That's a lie. Just because a guy fucks a low standard girl doesn't mean much. I have freinds who have sex with girls they don't think are all too great. They just a want the sex. Also, there would be a difference between a one night girl where her body means more than a girlfriend who's face is more important

• @Shsqdadda
      Ey id have to disagree. Men I've known dont really care too much about the face as long as its not hideous and she looks good with makeup. they need arm candy

• Face because the body can always lose weight and look better. The face you can't change it naturally so it's going to stay the way it is.

• Both... However I will look at how you treat people and the way you dress before I start a conversation with you and learn of your personality... Then I fall for the person...

• There has to be a small portion of physical attraction to connect with someone that you want to date. I'd say face!

• Face... As long as the body isn't very, very fat, I wouldn't really care about that. You can change your body, but not your face... Unless you get plastic surgery, but not many would put time and effort into that.

• The first thing u see is obviously the face and body, but a real lover would look past all that and into the inside

• Face for me.

• Face. I do care about the body but a nice smile and eyes are the best for me

• Usually face

• Face (>/=) body

• Face.

• Face face face.

• Face

• Face. body can always be worked on, unless it's out of control.

• there have to be a balance between face and body

• I'd like a bit of both. But face wins for me.

• More from Girls
    9