What Attracts You More: Face or Body?

The most attractive thing about you should have less to do with your face or body and more to do with your heart and how you treat people.

I am pretty sure we all can agree with the above quote.

But in all truth, how many of us actually apply those words to our dating life?

There's a greater portion of humans than are willing to admit, that will completely turn someone down based on an appearance given to them by genetics.

None of us got to decide our race or facial features. Whether we like the way we look or not, we just have to live with it (unless we were born into fame and fortune and can alter our appearance like countless celebrities).
Some of us are fortunate to have been born with great looks. It makes life easier in certain aspects; it definitely can work in ones advantage.

Along with one's naturally good looks, they have the choice of whether they want to add to their appeal by taking great care of our bodies or not paying attention to it (by lack of exercise and eating unhealthy foods).

When a person neglects their body, no matter how "attractive" they are facially, it is a deal breaker for those who feel a great body is a must have.

Neglecting your body can lead to obvious weight gain along with other health issues.

Some people would rather their person of interest have a great body, and a face that's not very attractive versus someone who has a attractive face and a unappealing body.

Unattractive (Not good looking) Face, Appealing body

Attractive (Average face), Unappealing body

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some people would generally think none of the above photos are that bad. However, it is apparent that the first two people have far better bodies than their face. In other words, I would give a different rating for their faces than I would their bodies. The last two, aren't bad looking people facially, however their body weight would be a deal breaker for some people.

Which holds more importance to you when it comes to dating, the face or body?

Lets pretend you couldn't choose both and it had to be one or the other.

Be honest!

Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 63

• I'm going to have to be honest Stacyzee. I am a man of the body. I love a woman's face too, as well as her personality above all. I detest these loser neckbeards who have no problem degrading women via prostitution. But as far as sexual attraction goes, I like the body. The female anatomy to me is simply irresistible. Especially the legs and feet.

• A face ON a not-fat body.

• You mean body?

• I wouldn't be with any of those two either because both things are important.. but hypothetically if I had to choose.. I'd choose face...

• @cinderelli well I wouldn't choose so that's that lol

The face: you look at it more often, it remains when the body ages and the body can be worked on. Plus I've always had a thing for pretty faces while I don't care nearly as much for boobs or butts. I've liked skinny, flat girls, chubby girls and everything in between but they always had a face I found pretty.

i look at the face first.

face as long as the body is not fat, iam not looking for a great body average does it for me but a pretty face is important.

The face, the body, the ass, the legs, the hair everything must be flawless.

• face

• body.. the face doesn't have to be pretty like a model

• Brain, Face and Body...

• Face because the body can be fixed with fitness and nutrition.

• I'd definitely take that first girl!

• As a matter of face, when we are Young, we'll check for both. It's like expecting a food item to be Delicious in view & Taste. But when time passes other qualities like love, attitude, behavior, other things plays a key role.

• Thanks for this. Next time some dumb girl on here tells me just to 'work out' to become good looking I'm going to link her to this so she can see how little worth working out has when you are ugly.

• face over everything.

• What attracts me to a women in every case is her personalty... it is a must that we connect on that level and you know the saying.. looks are only skin deep..

• Pancake face

• Face 100%

• These questions keep. coming, but when your heart stumbles on someone, all these theories fail. You just like the person and no past theories make sense or hold true.

• To me the face is more important... I mean it's not like I'm gonna be watching her tits/ass/legs all the time xD

• i think face..

• More from Guys
    43

What Girls Said 29

• Face definitely.

When it comes to body mostly I just don't want fat or scrawny. Anything within the average range is attractive to me if the dude has a cute face.

• Face because the body can always lose weight and look better. The face you can't change it naturally so it's going to stay the way it is.

• Face... As long as the body isn't very, very fat, I wouldn't really care about that. You can change your body, but not your face... Unless you get plastic surgery, but not many would put time and effort into that.

• Face for me. You can always work on your body, but an ugly face can't be fixed.

• Face for sure. I'm gonna be looking at the face every single time I will see that person, its way more important than the body.

• the guy with unattractive face :-D

• Face. I do care about the body but a nice smile and eyes are the best for me

• The first thing u see is obviously the face and body, but a real lover would look past all that and into the inside

• There has to be a small portion of physical attraction to connect with someone that you want to date. I'd say face!

• Both... However I will look at how you treat people and the way you dress before I start a conversation with you and learn of your personality... Then I fall for the person...

• Face. body can always be worked on, unless it's out of control.

• Face definitely! You are usually are first attracted to someone when they have clothes on, then you get to know them and their personality, then when you get physical you see their body.
    If a guy is very hairy though it can be a turn off..

• Body

• Face! :)

• face

• Usually face

• I'd like a bit of both. But face wins for me.

• there have to be a balance between face and body

• Face (>/=) body

• I'm ugly all around. Having a nice heart seems great, but when you're ugly, nobody cares.

• More from Girls
    9