The Sad Truth Is: Men Don't Like Natural Women

I speak from experience, and this is definitely not meant to offend any of our fellow men or women!

Growing up in a city with 1 million people- mostly white collar, I had some interesting friends. I remember speaking with my 2 male best friends; both of whom were quite intelligent. They described their perfect woman as being the "girl next door", natural, humble, funny and smart. One of them finished medical school, while the other went on to work for a large company in the IT field.

Well, a year later, after many girls next door and the door over (lol), they both had girlfriends... And to my surprise... the bitchy, face-full-of-makeup, high maintenance and certainly demanding girlfriends they chose were not at all what the "perfect girl" was described as.

So I asked the witty, doctor- why this girl? She isn't exactly the "girl next door"! And his response was simple; "LOOK at her!". Well I took it at face value. I mean she was beautiful, and confident and certainly sexy... and NOT at all the natural, humble, oh so sweet and simple.

I later connected with the IT friend of mine, to talk over coffee, and I was still determined to get an answer to my curiosity. I mean he went from dating the girls next door, to settling with a high fashion princess. He laughed a bit and said, "they are all the same and boring, these girls next door, I mean just because of her (gf) looks people assume she is some sort of bitch- but she is just so... I don't know confident and alluring?"

I smiled and said "she isn't at all the 'type' you were looking for?" He looked at me and said; "I'm a guy, guys are seen as the 'bad' boys, and guys should want the girl next door right? I want a girl that takes care of herself, and any guy who tells you he doesn't care how his girl looks... well he isn't honest. I worked hard to get to where I am- I have a house, a good job and a nice car- call it shallow but I don't want a plain Jane".

"So you'll take a high maintenance, demanding girl over a girl next door?" I asked. He paused and said "yeah, others girls are jealous of her and I get that. We walk into a room and every guy with his 'Plain Jane' girlfriend is staring at my woman. That guy wants my girl, one way or another- some just don't wanna put up with the BS".

Later that night, I thought about what he said. I mean it's true: When a beautiful girl walks in, all the men turn their heads to look. It doesn't mean they want to date her, maybe its just sexual attraction. But what does it all come down to? It comes down to the fact that as my 2 male friends grew successful, they went from wanting a girl next door to wanting a hot, confident, demanding girl (perhaps one they couldn't attain before they were high up in the food chain).

I want a good girl, no makeup, just natural... says the guy who ends up with the pretty princess. ;)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 46

I think there's a happy medium between totally made-up/high maintenance and "Plain Jane." Right?

Superficial persons prefer looks over personality.

Maybe your friends told you the truth about wanting a girl next door at that stage of their life. But people can change over time, and when they become richer, more powerful, or more beautiful, they often start hanging with a different crowd. I'd guess that the richer you are, the more decadent and corrupt the environment becomes. That can change your attitudes about things. Rich guys are targeted more by the shallow, high-maintenance but hot women you described.

""yeah, others girls are jealous of her and I get that. We walk into a room and every guy with his 'Plain Jane' girlfriend is staring at my woman. That guy wants my girl, one way or another" -- From the sound of this, he just wants a status symbol or trophy for the sake of being envied by others. This relationship is doomed if she gains weight or he becomes poor. To me, that's not love, it's a business arrangement.

i don´t know in what funny tiny subculture you´ve been growing up xD

Yeah because ALL GUYS ARE SAME!

Make up or no make as long as her body gets my attention. I do however love Red or pink lipstick and nails.

Maybe it's the men you're going after, and that's the reason why you're generally speaking to all men?

Superficial men will go after superficial women. Simple as that.

Also anecdotal evidence is a logical fallacy.

Just the way you told the story I feel like it didn't happen...

Nope, I actually prefer natural women... I can't stand makeup.

They aren't attracted to naturally ugly women. Not everyone is going to be born attractive... Those are the breaks...

i like both , if i date girl next door that doesn't mean i would not date dif girl and other way around

sure we do

i want a girl who doesn't look like a fucking mashup with barbie and pogo the clown ya hear me? natural is cool tho

Like fathom said. There is a happy medium.

The sad truth is that you can't generalize 3 billion men. I hate makeup of any kind. I'll choose a "plain" woman any day.

It is proven fact. millions of women can't be wrong

Why so materialistic brah? Having a hard time growing up?

I want my girls to look perfect and be natural - they gotta be natural, no fake girls

"girls" plural. Very interesting.

@wtfomg2222 you need to meet more women. They are not common, but I promise you, they exist.

@Xyzg123 not perfect ones. Everyone has some sort of imperfection whether you see it or not. Nature doesn't create perfection

NATURAL GIRLS are way way better!!! I dont date girls with tons of makeup, they also tend to be egoistic...

• More from Guys
    26

What Girls Said 15

I guess... it's true... to an extent.
    Some do, some don't. And there are plenty of people who say one thing and then do another - hypocrites.

Look at actions, not words.

Completely disagree. Guys don't want a girl with a face you can wipe off and boobs you can pop with a needle.

Men love fake stuff... but they don't admit it because they don't realize it. They are in denial. They will never admit to it.

Guys say one thing but always do another. They do not know what they want.

A well maintained girl is not desired because of makeup or shoes or whatever it is because it is visible proof of EFFORT which equals care which equals ego stroking and it makes men feel good.

I've been saying forever that men dont even know what they want. They may not agree with it but what a man says and does are two different things. Thats why our mommas taught us actions speak louder than words.

This is the realist take I've ever read. Well done.

yeah cause two dudes represent all 3 billion.

I wear hardly any makeup. Maybe sometimes i'll wear some mascara and lipstick but thats it and guys chase after me. They like naturally ATTRACTIVE women not naturally ugly women. There is no need to wear a full face of makeup everyday. It makes it seem as if you're hiding something. I think it looks very bad and the only guys that chase after girls like that are just porn addicts.

I don't think whether a women wears makeup or not or wears high heels or not is the determining factor on attraction or not..

Have you maybe thought that these women's shapes are their most physical attractive feature and the fact that they aren't scared of showing their shape off is that which makes them so attractive to these men. (And maybe these men never thought someone that hot could like them? That could be it too.)

Women's shapes are women's shapes whether you are natural or not. I guess it is just a matter of whether you know how to show off your shape. But you can still do that and be nature. It is just a matter of clothes choices.

Woah! I didn't know wearing makeup and taking care of one's appearance, or dressing how one likes to, makes one fake, not down to earth or humble, and mean! Wow! Learned something new! Bettwr watch out for those fake women who chose to wear makeup! They must be so shallow and dumb!

I hope you can sense my sarcasm.

LOL I wear a full face of makeup everyday & LOVE IT, doesn't make on shallow or dumb, but you get my point. The men said they want a natural girl, and go for the bitchy looking, full face of makeup girl

Yea i realised that when I was like 12. Boys were always on about how they love no make up and love girls who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty and shit, while they're chasing anything in make up that giggles.

So true. Men fall for the illusion of a woman and often stray when they get the real thing.

My dad is rich and he dates natural black young chicks

I like this... a lot! Great job.