Men, This is Why We Don't Want to Date You

This article is purely based on my personal experience/opinion and those of close female friends of mine. It is not intended to offend anyone.

You Won't Pay For The Girl On The First Date!

If you can't invest on the first date, then don't bother investing in the relationship. The first meeting sets the tone, and unless the girl insists on splitting the tab... you should insist on paying.

You Call Me "Baby, Honey, Sweetie" & You Don't Even Know My Last Name!

If I just met you, and within the first few days, you're calling me pet names, I am going to assume you're a player. Can't remember my name? You're right "sweetie" suits me just fine... NOT.

You Take Forever to Respond to Calls/ Messages or Respond With 1 Word Answers!

I understand everyone gets busy, but if you message me back with 1 word, I am going to assume you're not interested and just move on. If you don't call me back for a week, don't bother calling.

You Are Too Pushy For Sex!

We just met, and you're inviting me over for "Netflix and Chill", or maybe you just really wanna show me those new sheets you got for your bed?

You Are Too Clingy/Not Clingy Enough!

We just had a first date and you've messaged me 16 times, called me 22 times, and planned the next 504 dates, and it's not even the next morning... AWW... or you just disappeared into think air. POOF.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 167

Just another girl that hates men... Just go away...

@love2run13 classic projection. this is totally an "it's all about me" article.
      guys mostly just want mutuality... girls like you make it all a mess lol

@Mrwoo99 I don't worship them it's my ego if someone says something is complicated I will figure it out and in my personal experience vaginas aren't that complicated nor is the female mind, Calm down if anything you're the mangina for thinking they are however.

yea I'm surprised it hasn't stopped yet.

Oh good. I don't really have a problem with any of those. ;)

This really gets me about these kinds of Takes females write: "this is just my experience and it's not meant to offend anyone," or "I'm not saying ALL guys are like this." It contradicts itself! And you're always going to lose guys' respect right off the bat. No guy is gonna take you seriously by slandering them in the title, and trying to follow it up with a disclaimer in the beginning. That makes me not care right away.

Right. She immediately comes across as a feminazi.

@feminismisnarcissism
      "That's good copy, Control. Bro-Nuke of Knowledge has disintegrated Entitled Cock-Tease. Time for brew-skis." [offers knuckle bump] lol

Yesss thank uuu

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...e-8a68-1597b4a9686a.jpg

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...8-a6b6-66c7d1309746.jpg

And the reason no man should take women out on dates unless she is your girlfriend is because somehow women see nothing wrong with sleeping with other guys and/or flaking on you while you date them. I mean come on guys you drop 150 on a girl for the first date and then once she gets her fill she goes no contact on you.

I'm going to give you a good reason how you guys could get cucked so easily.
    www.peoples.ru/.../wotherspoon_7.jpg

This woman from Toronto used men for free meals. She exclaimed she already new within 5 minutes whether she was going to sleep with them or not and strung many guys along to carry her to fancy restaurants so she could eat food that she otherwise couldn't afford because she was a broke actress.

For that same girl your wining and dining and dinning there was another guy she gave it up to night one who just had to talk to her a few words because she felt really "comfortable" with him.

*Also that same girl your wining and dining there was another guy she gave it up to night one who just had to talk to her a few words because she felt really "comfortable" with him.

@19magic @Mrwoo99 Sorry brah I ain't gay but thanks for the offer anyway 😂 😂

@19magic @Mrwoo99 Good to know that someone appreciates me more than a friend 😂 😂

Lol *shakes head*

Not all girls think like you not all girls care if the guy pays on the first date. Don't speak on every gal's behalf. Plus I find it funny how you won't want to date a guy for being too clingy yet most women are clingy themselves talk about the black pot calling the kettle black.

I agree with all, it makes sense.
    What bothers me is the not paying for the first date. So I show that I'm interested/invested in you, by paying... but what do girls do to show that? This is what pisses me off about dating, that girls don't do anything to show what they demand from us :/

Bitches be money cravin'... -_-

And then she tells you what she wants you to do, but she still backs out at the end, because her brain had subconsciously decided that you aren't 'the one'. The main problem here is that women are always in search of 'the one', I'd say.

Why can't I just buy a girl a meal then be guaranteed sex afterwards lol

• 12d

Look I'll offer to pay on a date because I'm a nice guy, not because I'm "the guy."

Check your privilege!

well i dont know about the so called pet names lol but i call girls sweet heart all the time does not matter if i want to go out with them or not and also honey, i think it is being polite and i am a southern guy so PS and i am not a player

Pay for the date?
    Are you not a grown-ass woman?
    Ask me to pay for the date, and I'd spill the wine in your face as I walked out!

Today , this is exactly what guys want females to say. Just shows what is really happening otherwise.

sorry hun but women have to change first
    then I can return too my old self

I've read also the comments and I wanted to thank you for these advices. Even if a lot of people, and also girls, they don't agree with you, it's how you see the subject and I thank you for sharing it.

I guess the likelihood of success is higher if we men pay. So if we really want to have a relationship with this girl, maybe it would be better to make an economic effort the first day. What I say the first day is: "I invite you, and next day you'll invite me".

I don't like to bother other people, so the other points make sense to me.

Omfg the one about texts! Same to you! And then you say too clingy, but not clingy enough? For fucks sakes! Every thing on this list can be reversed! I clicked on this take thinking it would help me, and came to see more shit that only makes me feel worse, it should be called "my opinion, this isn't meant to help anybody"

This is satire, right?

I feel bad if women have to date the responders below!

Why the fuck can't you pay for your own stuff! If I am dating you, you got a job anyway!

what if she doesn't?

@YellowCactus
      Then I am not dating her. It's what I say at the end of my sentence...
      I don't want a princess who wants a free lunch.

"I don't want a princess who wants a free lunch. " It's more like looking for a sugar daddy I would say 😂 😂

This describes the needy beta male. DON'T BE THIS GUY!

What narcissistic, cheap, pushy, uptight, frigid femi-nazi decided asking this question, while on her flow, was a good idea?
    "Pay on the first date?" No, you ape with long hair. WHY in the hell would I "invest" in a date if I don't know there will be a second one? Why would I even consider spending money when all YOU EQUATE to up to that point is "someone I talk to a little more than anyone else"? "Pay for the first date." [scoffing... loudly] I'll PAY for a date when YOU wake US up because its time to go to the diner for breakfast. HOW about that?
    TEXTING is a woman's... thing. Men will text, IF we have time. Either we don't have time OR we don't feel like waiting on you to finish 3 other conversations you have going OR we are waiting on you to mention or flirt with with a sex question. Anything else, if it's not news, then it's inane.
    Too pushy for sex: Really? Hmmm, I wonder if it's because you screwed around so long TEXTING us with suggestive flirts and waiting on the "perfect" time to have sex, that all we are interested in by the time you "Come over and Chill" is that we keep our Blue Balls from literally taking away our ability to walk. I wonder who's fault that is? (BTW: What mongoloid doesn't know "Netflix & Chill" is date-talk for "We've waited long enough, lets have wild monkey sex on the coffee table.")
    Too clingy? This from "Why won't you talk to me?" "You should be more expressive with your feelings." "Why are you so quiet today?" "That's all? Your mother is doing 'fine?' After having her hip replaced? She's just doing 'fine?'" "What do you think of this dress?" "I know you said you were going out with your friends, but you could've called me to let me know you were okay!" Then if we stay up under you, NOW THAT's a problem? ... typical...

• More from Guys
    147

What Girls Said 58

You seem to detest compromises.

Those are indeed happening in the real world but I think those wouldn't be problems if two lovers would resolve all of them maturely.

Also, why use the pronoun "we" in your title when the readers would be seeing "me" and "my" on your second point later on?

You don't speak for all women.

First one isn't it.

I do hate the Calls/ Messages one.

Pushy for sex isn't that often and most dudes don't do that

I've seen dudes that are clingy and I've seen ones that barely are

Your points are valid, however I really disagree with your first point about 'investment' or the man insisting on paying, like, who cares? Just split the goddamn bill or pay for what you ate and be done with it.

phew.

At least one girl disagrees with that. Was starting to get worried lol

Haha I'm just randomly joining in but I agree with you two whole heartedly!

@summerfox Yup haha, good on you

I've been through all of this and I've got to say I totally free u!

*feel u

@CancerianMan81 im plenty smart enough. im a chemist. i also was a captain of my football team in high school. i can pretty much have any women i want.

Everything on this list is pretty accurate except number one for me. Number one is petty af.

True 1 makes your ass get dump in the middle nowhere and you have to walk home by yourself.

This one I can related to: Taking hours to reply with one word, or simply, replying with one word, both irritate me.

I prefer messaging a man who can hold a conversation. After all, when we don't see each other, texting and calling would be the only way to communicate, and if these indirect modes of communication are not maintained well, even if I see him, I won't feel connected.

A guy's inability to hold a daily conversation has been a big turn-off for me for some reason (not talking about intellectual or scholarly or scientific conversation yet). Or always texting "What's up?" And then nothing else follows after I reply, or "What you up to?" at the most but nothing else, and always the same.

Somethings in this area true, but personally for me, I wouldn't expect a man to pay for me on the first date. If I had the money to, I would even be the one to pay for him, but I would the very least bring enough money to pay for myself.

I believe who ever asks who out first should pay... I asked my boyfriend out first so I paid.

Wrong logic. İts not about who asked. İts about everyone should pay what they eat and drink.

@Proof_Striker55 no this your problem with men. You automatically assume every woman is a gold digger and just after money. Why bother asking in the first place anyways

"You automatically assume every woman is a gold digger " . Where did you take this result from my sentences? I don't see every women as gold digger. But any women who expect men to pay in the first or second or other dates are gold digger for me.

I like this one.

Of course rather than accept this as sound advice and learn from it, the Blues are going to cry "feminazi!!11!!" and then complain that they can't understand women.

I agree with half of these.. if you're too stingy to pay for me on a date, I can honestly assure you there won't be a second date and you'll see me making excuses to get out of the date. The pet names are stupid, please save that for further dates that lead to something serious, I have a name and it's not baby, honey, sweetie etc, lol probably easier for you to use this to all the girls you date, since I can't remember their first names. Oh I hate the clingy crap, if I don't message you straight away, please don't send me 5 messages back saying I guess you're not interested, we all have lives too or need breaks from staring at our phones.

This is myTake is 100% correct! Good job!

I can think of way better reasons I wouldn't date a guy... These just seem petty.

Personally, I think you do make some valid points but, the whole "you need to pay for the first date" thing is not really needed.

It's funny how you mention guys paying for the first date and all the guys get all pissed and start throwing out "feminazi" lololol. Feminism is the exact opposite. Feminists don't want guys to pay for shit, they want everything "equal."
    This take is about chivalry and manners, plain and simple, it has zero to do with feminism.
    Go back to your caves trolls.

Feminists want equality for both genders
      which can and will never happen because the game is always at your advantage... more job opportunities easier life based on looks
      weaker bodies meaning less meinual jobs and more mind work.

Without my biase though
      Though feminists want equality for both genders
      feminazis want it better for women

That is the difference they're calling her a feminazi because she says the guy should have to pay unless she wants to.

Again you have more opportunity easier jobs and I've never seen ANYONE doing the same job getting paid less

I've seen MEN in the service industry get LESS HOURS but never paid more.

Go back to your cage troll and stop sponging off men.

That is inaccurate to an extreme. If feminism was for equality they wouldn't be fighting for more rights for women while downplaying or ignoring the loss of rights of men, many of which where at the hands of feminist.

we dont want to date you because no matter how ugly we ourselves are we have been made to believe by our even uglier mommies and sis' and friends that we are beautiful just the way we are but we have no shame in calling even guys conventionally out of our league ugly because of a few flaws but the hot actors and male models can pee inside our anus without initial consent but we'll accept them as they are :)

Besides point 1, I totally agree on this. He doesn't NEED to pay my way BUT he does need to not get pushy for sex, etc etc

I really hope this is a joke.

1. The first date does not matter who pays. I COULD NOT care less. Said several times before, I'll pay. So long as it gets paid.

What if it doesn't work out? How many girls after you is he going to date or try to? How much will that add up to for him? Split the bill if it matters to you so much. Damn.

2. Have you TOLD him your last name? Have YOU even asked his? Mhm. Interesting.

3. "You Take Forever to Respond to Calls/ Messages or Respond With 1 Word Answers!" - Do you have a life? Define "forever".

There are some users that I take 2+ days to respond to just because I don't have the time. Great example. I JUST got to PMS from Wed/Thursday. Extremely busy and didn't have the time. - - - Maybe you're too clingy?

4. Sometimes. lmao. Yet, women can be the same way.

5. Ghosting is different than "not clingy enough". I'd rather a man who makes time for me and shows me he cares to do it. Not someone who's constantly trying to get my attention. Although, once in a while <3 it's nice to be spoiled like that.

@akadatank44 - You've blown up my kik like that before. I really liked coming back to that many messages.

So, umm, how do you define the "perfect" amount of clingy.

Guys don't listen to this. There are girls that aren't this picky. Some of us can't even get on a date, what right do girls have to complain that your not paying for it. Getting even asked out is good enough for me lol #foreveralone

This is frankly disgusting generalisations and you sound like a feminazi

• More from Girls
    38