It's 2016, Men Shouldn't Be Able to Prioritize Looks in Potential Mates (Satire)

The tradition of women having to look beautiful for dates, evolved during oppressive times when men weren't able to enjoy the sight of beautiful women much elsewhere & communicate with them in a way mutually agreed upon to be potentially romantic or sexual.

It's 2016 and nowdays, men have the ability to look at beautiful women *everywhere* in everyday life & photos are easily accessible online. Thus men shouldn't be able to use women by prioritizing looks in relationships. Are men really that much of parasites for trying to leach off women's appearances in relationships?

It's 2016. Men shouldn't be able to prioritize looks in mates. (Satire)

Consider all the time, money, & energy that women have to spend to look beautiful for men.

Getting ready costs 2.5x more money for women than men.

And no, don't say that you prefer women without makeup, & it's women who judge other women for not wearing makeup. Studies show that it is men who prefer women with makeup on, whereas it is women who don't care if women are wearing makeup.

Anyway, it also costs more time and energy. The fact that many men say "but we have to brush our teeth!" shows how little men have to do in comparison to women. Even toddlers brush their teeth before they head off to preschool. It is basic hygiene. All the stuff that women have to do in order to look good, is way beyond that.

Anyway, hopefully you understand that this is a satirical reversal of the modern "gender progressive" idea that men should no longer have to pay for dates.

The fact is, women give men a pleasurable nucleus accumbens reaction by going to a date looking good. It's fair and equal for the man to reciprocate by giving her a nucleus accumbens reaction in return, by buying her food.

Cross cultural studies show that men prioritize looks and women, even rich women, prioritize money in mates. If men want to continue prioritizing looks, women should be able to continue to prioritize money.

mistixs is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 35

I think we all prioritize looks, it's just that men probably prioritize a little more.

obviously there are people (men and women) who put far too much stock and value in looks while disregarding other qualities. it is no wonder that there are many failed relationships as a result of this...

however, physical attraction is an evolutionary and fitness must. we must be attracted to our partners in order to be more likely to re-produce

well I would want to be with a woman I find sexually attractive so...

I do believe that women don't need to get all fancy just for a date.
    But I did date a woman earlier this year that got dressed up like we were going out on a fancy date. All we were doing is going to my house to watch a movie. My jaw hit the floor when I saw her. I felt so bad I offered to take her out.
    But she said she just wanted to look nice for me. That was such an amazing thing to do. It was an amazing thing to do and really made me feel great that someone would go through all that just for me.

The reasons looks are important (not nessecarily to me) but the reason being it's the first thing we see dating is a game and how you market yourself makes you the winner of that game or not grow up (too many people mistake dating for actual relationships) and what you describe is very much like prostitution are you that shallow as to say I should pay you for looking your best I'm trying to look my best as well he'll you should pay me for even taking a gamble on you and spending money on your with only a possibility that we'll be in a relationship. We're not patronizing you AS I said it's like marketing and due to the internet and free speech being things that customers value everyone has aright to say what they want about the product that's juts a risk that comes with doing so you need to grow up accept this or don't do it (for the record never have I ever called a girl unattractive I pay not because you look good but because I want to do something nice for you and we could do just the same as you if we honestly wanted to and to better result by that logic if all we have to do to look on par with you is but a few things (shave, brush teeth, shower, style hair sometimes) there's a reason why super model men look so different from normal men and vice versa for some females (resources effort and experience) right now it sounds like some butt hurt reason to excuse gold digging and what mirrors prostitution.

I look for pretty face without makeup and good genes.
    Those cost nothing!!!

Sorry, if someone's ugly as hell and they have a cute personality doesn't make them entitled to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't think they are attractive in the looks department, of course, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you'd be lying if you said that you wouldn't want someone attractive along with their great personality.

women don't put in the effort to go for less then hot guys. And seriously just because you are below average (I saw your pic)... doesn't mean you can be bitter and say what men should and shouldn't do.

Your profile pic is just a decent angle hidden with effects. The picture on the right says it all.

I really don't care what you think of my appearance. My point is that you have no decent argument against what I say, so you target my appearance instead.

You asked for my opinion earlier lol you clearly do. Don't read anything you might accidentally educate yourself. Kys please.

Holy shit, did every single one of you morons miss the "Satire" part in the headline?

It all depends if you want to wake up next to a hag or a hottie.. Me personally, I'll take the latter.

This is womens fault lol i dont like all that make up if your already pretty, and what gets me bored of chicks is the ones u get with that turn into rude demons, so of course id end up loosing intrest no matter what you change ill just look else where

It's not like you are buying new clothes and makeup just for the date. They are all things you already owned and used as part of your daily beauty regime. Besides, nobody forces you to buy any of that stuff. It's all a personal choice. If you really wanted to save money, you could show up to the date naked and the guy you're seeing would probably be totally fine with it.

And why do I want to pay for all the dates knowing that its very likely you have had sex or exchanged nudes with men who didn't spend a dime on you. Maybe not you specifically, at least 50% of girls have sent nudes and had sex with guys who werent commited to them or spending money on them. There's no incentive or benefit to the guy to pay for all the dates. If a girl is expecting you to pay for everythung it just means she's not as attracted to you as she was to the guys who got to sleep with her without spending money on her. Its not flattering at all.

Its also a waste if you have a habit of paying for dates that don't lead to either sex or a relationship. If all a guy wanted was someone to eat food or watch a movie with then he could have just hung out with a male and wouldn't have been expected to pay for anything. So the hope is that when you choose to go on a date you will either gain a girlfriend or a sexual partner. Otherwise you would have saved money by hanging out with a male or female platonic friend.

Also its not uncommon for girls to be seeing multiple guys at the same time. So while a guy is paying for dates waiting for her to be his girlfriend or sleep with him, she could already be having sex with another guy who isn't spending any money on her.

We're parasites because you've bought into marketing campaigns? No one told you to buy $500 worth of make up lady, well except for multiple television ads. Women, just like men, should probably try and look their best. I can not help the fact that products cost more for women. Seriously, wtf is wrong with you. I'm a woman's rights supporter, and I don't know if I've ever called someone a mysandrist on this site, but the shoe definitely fits you.

Also, this apparently has not occurred to you, but if you are a seeking a man that believes the same as you do, he'd like you without make up on. So if you want to find that guy, don't wear make up.

You miss the word satire didn't you?

@NatashaJ she clearly believes this shit, and doesn't seem to know what humor is

I took the "parasite" comment from something that someone said "are women really such parasites they need men to pay for dates?" & reversed it

Then girls shouldn't either...

I do think looks are more important to women than men when choosing a mate. Times have changed.

Then that becomes prostitusion , and your the prostitute. Or a undesired gold digger.

No shame. Most male/female relations throughout history, not only in humans but also other species, have been along the spectrum of prostitution

Asker Not me...

Men have expectations.

If women prioritise money, then that's reason 103 why prostitutes are so awsome. Same thing as your average woman but a man just cuts to the chase. that said, there is one missing ingredient that you and that video leave out. See my profile? That costs a fuck load in money and time. For over 5 years I have had:

Health food, protein shakes, supplements, gym membership, personal trainers, chiropractors and physio. That costs. then Some of us men also get waxed and shaved. Beauty is expensive. Then clothes (glad they didn't go there... how convenient). A well tailored suit makes a man handsome no? You know how much that is? Then you want designer watches and shoes etc? That costs thousands.

So no, I don't agree with you at all. I will say though that you are right with the money thing. I would pay for the first date simply because I know women are attracted to power. Hence I will display power by initiating and paying for the date. But I never go on a big date before a small coffee or drink date, which I don't pay for. I'm a lover, not a provider.

Women do all of the following too;

"Health food, protein shakes, supplements, gym membership, personal trainers, chiropractors and physio. That costs. then Some of us men also get waxed and shaved. Beauty is expensive. Then clothes (glad they didn't go there... how convenient). A well tailored suit makes a man handsome no? You know how much that is? Then you want designer watches and shoes etc? That costs thousands."

Except suits. Women wear dresses, and they often have to buy multiple because unlike men and suits, women are judged if they rewear dresses.

Crap. I have two chick friends. Both look gorgeous all the time. But the one finds good for value clothes (I earn heaps more than her) and she looks gorgeous. The other. Well, we are in similar jobs but her husband (surprise surprise) is loaded. She always had designer shit. But men don't look at that. Chick 1 and chick 2 are both gorgeous. Do the same with a guy? A) we both agree women love men with money, so if a girl spots a man with shit clothes. It's over. B) men don't have that many options in clothes other than designer to look good.

I personally loo the best without a top;) but that said, going back to body maintenance, a man has to spend way more than a woman for gym. We need double the amount of protein, more food and to build muscle, heavy weight lifting. So unless a woman is body building, she doesn't need any of this. You can't compare. She just has to watch her diet and do some toning. Major difference. And a chubby girl will still get more sex than a ripped dude.

People will prioritize whatever they want called free will. It's delusional that feminists still want men to pay for everything and then consider themselves independent.

I agree on free will but the delusional one is you if that's what you think feminism is. Maybe you should do some research befor you say something so stupid!

Well those are biological differences and nothing can be done about them. We also can't give you the joy of drunk pissing in an urinal surrounded by people you can't stand, but what can you do. Also is birth really a bad thing? I'll agree on periods, but to be honest you don't really want to deal with a guy who is on his period anyway, so it kinda cancels out.

At least give us the good parts of being a woman, such as emotional support, rape victim counseling, financial support from ex after divorce and most importantly of all free drinks at the club. After that take what you want, but don't go overboard.

Feminist want the privileges of both genders but none of the responsibility that comes with it. Feminist is all about power nothing to do with equality. Feminist are completely delusional.

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 4

When i saw the title i came here to make fun of you... but then i saw the satire.

money and looking good are hardly comparable. money is essential to survival. looking good just makes it more fun.

i dont find it at all attractive for a guy to pay for me. its all kinds of wrong. is he baby sitting me? paying for sex? donating to charity? its a complete turn off.

doesn't take me extra time to get ready. i wash but thats important to me. i dont wear makeup and i buy clothing i can afford. im not trying to sell myself. id hope when a guy likes me he likes 'me'. so i dont put on a costume.

I never put on make-up. The main reason why women put on make-up is that they experience acne. My face is pretty even and smooth. I don't need make-up. I am already beautiful the way I am.

Mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, lipstick, lip gloss, lip liner, blush, and bronzer won't really help a person's acne. Yet most women who wear makeup use a lot of these...
      I don't get acne either and I wear makeup.

I never put this much thought in to it, but yes, being a guy is so much easier when it comes down to going out. It is annoying when they slack on their dates.

Not really we have to do all the approaching while most girls just sit there waiting dating is way easier for females as it is for us guy's come on now stop it.

Girls have it pretty easy actually