Why Women Actually Go for Looks Instead of Personality

Here you are. At a coffee shop looking at your dream girl. She's sitting down with a caramel frappe and looking at her laptop. You decide to get the guts to go and talk to her. You say to her "Hey! I saw you sitting here and I thought you were pretty cute so I came over to talk to you. My name is (insert name)" and she straight up ignores you. Chances are that it wasn't your personality at fault here; it was your looks.

Gentlemen, it is time to realize that women care about your looks more than your personality. We don't live in a fairy-tale land where you can get any girl you want with ogre looks and a great personality. Looks will always dominate personality and this applies for both genders too. I already know what the comments are going to be too. "Oh, he's such a beta male. More women for me!", "Might as well go gay" or "You have no clue what women older than you are like! You only know about girls who are your age." Let me get something clear, I am not here to bash women, just stating facts. I am 17 years old and I know of my experiences and others I have interviewed. Let's start off with how girls act over time.

MIDDLE SCHOOL

Ah middle school, this is where relationships begin. These relationships are very shitty and only last about a week usually. This is because the couple has no clue of what they are doing. They think second base is holding hands. This is usually where all the experiments happen too, like kissing. Most people get their first kiss during their middle school career. Men and women base their relationships off of looks, or they date you because they feel bad. This was the case for me. I had three girlfriends in middle school and none of them actually liked me. They only did because they felt bad, it was only out of sympathy. Girls during middle school won't even talk to you if you are ugly. To sum everything up, looks are way way above personality.

HIGH SCHOOL

As a senior in high school, i'd say that so far high school has been fun. I've had lots of memorable times with my friends and hopefully want to continue that, but the girls still act like, well, girls. They still think that looks are greater than personality, but now the relationships last longer. Relationships in high schools varies from a month to all four years of high school. Girls in high school are more "open". They like to do more stuff like sex for example. It feels as though getting a girlfriend is so easily accessible in high school, if you are attractive. Unattractive guys like me are left in the dust.

Girls still don't want to be associated with you if you are unattractive. I've never had a girlfriend through my high school career and still don't have my first kiss. Last year for prom, I had to bring my best friend's younger sister (who was a freshman at the time) to prom because my friends practically begged me to go to prom even though I didn't want to go. It wasn't even that fun because I kept seeing real couples together and how happy they were. This year I don't even plan to go to prom at all because I know that girls only care about looks.

COLLEGE

Okay, so this is the point of the myTake where I had to get other men's experiences with women because I'm not in college yet. College is the place to find your potential soulmate. Girls and guys alike are out to find their potential mate; however, girls STILL only look for attractive guys. Personality is now playing a bit more of a dominate role, but looks is still on top. Now is the point in life where you must have looks, but now you need your personality to backup your looks. The reality is that a lot of guys who are in college are single because they are unattractive. It's kinda sad if you ask me.

POST COLLEGE

This is the final point of the evolution. You are out of college and now in the real world. It's time to put your major to use and get a job, house, car, etc. Guess what women are like post college? Yep! They still look for only attractive guys. They keep doing this until they hit the "wall". Once they have hit the wall, their standards lower, thus unattractive guys have a slightly better chance of getting into a relationship. This is also the period in which status becomes a big factor. Some women will put status over everything, but this take isn't about gold diggers so they are irrelevant. The majority of women want a guy who is good looking.

THE REASON WHY

Now, do you know the reason why girls are really only into good looking guys? Because that is what attracts them more, not personality. I know that personality plays a big part, but let's be real here, if an ogre-looking dude comes up to you to introduce himself and he has an amazing personality would you consider dating him! No! He must meet your physical standards in order for you to be attracted him. I know that you can say the same thing with guys but in reality, girls turn down guys more than guys turn down girls. Girls will always say "Well I can just say guys only want girls with big boobs.", but then once a guy, who doesn't meet her physical standards, approaches her she will turn him down and talk to her friends about how ugly he was. I'm not saying that women misogynistic or anything, but you simply can't say that when you go around and do the same thing. It's hypocritical. Girls can't help themselves as it is part of evolution.

WHY PERSONALITY OVER LOOKS IS A LOAD OF BULLSHIT

There is the girl on YouTube called SSSsniperwolf. She's a very attractive girl gamer who makes Call of Duty gameplay and I really like her content, but she used to date this guy who goes by Sausage. Now, Sausage isn't the most handsome looking dude, but SSSsniperwolf still dated him and said that it was because of his personality, not necessarily his looks. That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard and I don't believe it for one second. Ogre looking dudes don't get attractive girls unless they have something on the table that is HUGE like money, big house(s), nice car(s), etc... In the words of Kanye West, "Now I ain't sayin she a gold digger, but she ain't messin with no broke, broke......" That kinda sums up what I think about SSSsniperwolf, not hating her though I love her content, but something was up between them. So don't believe girls or dating coaches when they say "Personality is way over looks guys!" because it isn't. It isn't logical.

CONCLUSION

For the people who are going to say that I am bitter, I guess I am a little bit. I can't really blame girls though they can't help themselves, but it sucks when I get turned down because i'm "ugly". I've been called "handsome" by a few girls i'm cool with, older women, and even some guys (not out of homosexual content), but I never believe them. I've been rejected too many times to believe them. i don't think i'm handsome at all quite frankly. I also use to believe that "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" bullshit too.

To some extent, it's true, but it's mostly false. Good looking guys get good looking girls and unattractive guys get nothing. The unattractive girls are too busy chasing the attractive guys to be worried about the unattractive guys. To sum up everything, girls want looks over personality. Hate to break it to you, but we don't live in a world where we unattractive men can get Kendall Jenner or Emily Ratojkoski. Please feel free to leave feedback and i'll try to respond to as many comments as I can. Thanks for reading!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 39

Of course looks matter. I don't know any man or woman who wants to date someone they aren't physically attracted to. Let's be real, EVERYONE cares about looks, at least to an extent. That being said, to claim that looks are the only thing that matters is completely false. Looks are only what causes initial attraction.

Personality still matters to make a relationship last. If someone is attractive but has a shitty personality, I'm not going to be interested in any type of relationship with them. So in reality, looks AND personality both matter when it comes to forming a healthy, long-term relationship.

Yes, obviously you need your personality to backup your looks, but looks is what gets you in to get to know your personality.

@CHRIS11796 You're entitled to your opinion.

@xHoneyxBeex "Of course looks matter. I don't know any man or woman who wants to date someone they aren't physically attracted to."

Yep, that bit is true in most cases and even if you try to do it otherwise it will end up in disastrously. I done it once and it ended up in brake up, they are better off with someone who finds them attractive.

Men are so confused. They always want to claim that men are visual creatures, more so than women, and that that's why you're obsessed with looks. Yet you also want to make it seem like women care more about looks, despite men always labelling themselves as "visual". So which one fucking is it lol.
    You're quite selfish for thinking that if a woman ignores you, it MUST be because YOU don't look good enough. You don't know shit about her, she might be taken, or busy, or gay, or not interested in relationships. Don't jump to conclusions, that makes this mytake fake af.

If you're saying men are only attracted to women aged 17-23, yeah, that would be creepy. And whether you think it's creepy or not, it isn't true. Most men are attracted to a very broad range of things, it's actually women who almost universally agree on a few archetypes of men that they find attractive, and what's more, most women, if they were honest, would admit that they're more attracted to men based on how other women's perceptions of that man's status. Men don't care if a woman is attractive to other men or not. But for some reason, women are more attracted to men who are ALREADY in a relationship, already married, already rich, already successful. Most women would never think to build a life together with a man just starting out, they'd rather go have fun "playing the field" while they're young and attractive and then when their looks start fading, they try to settle down with a guy who's already successful. No wonder most successful men only date younger women.

Short answer: If we're going to have sex I need to be somehow physically attracted to you.
    We want both looks and personality.

Looks>personality, but other than that you agree so thanks

@CHRIS11796 personality is just a bonus because think of it this way; if a girl had a choice between the two men, one with good looks but no personality or asshole and the other lets say... below average looks and short height but awesome personality. The good looking one with tall height will win, whereas the other would be rejected or friend zoned.

@Mrwoo99 ya i agree looks are the deciding factor not personality.

"I love it when men think they know everything about women and decide to speak for all of us. Jesus take the wheel I get all tingly when they take control like that. " - said no woman ever.

I speak for the majority, yes.

@AnonRom that paragraph was unnecessary I didn't read past the first sentence. I post opinions not argue. That is what Reddit is for.

this guy has no clue

You haven't met me. 😛To me, personality is way more important than looks. You can look hot, but if your personality is shit, then that automatically negates a lot of points in your overall attractiveness to me.

But what if they guy was really unattractive? Would you still give him the time of day? Like Chico_brah said, looks kicks open the door then personality comes, not vise versa

i think with a girl like you, looks actually work against the guy. Thats because they probably incite insecurity in you. (not commenting on your looks but rather your self esteem based on previous posts.) I would be shocked if any of your guys have ever been extremely good looking or fit

@pavlove actually I have been with a few good looking guys. One of which was white and was sort of thin. Not muscular but he was tall and lanky.

both men and women are the visual sex. appearance really does matter. personality also matters.

Exactly my point.

so by that logic both sexes are the emotional sex too?

why bother to label either as either in that case? why not just, we're all human beings that like looks and personality? that's not what people mean when they say one sex is the visual and the other the emotional :).

@noModifierNeeded that's another great way of putting it 🍸

Most people care about looks. Who would want to date someone they don't find attractive?

Exactly my point.

I really do look for personality. I haven't truly had my first kiss yet. My boyfriend is super special. He has a perfect personality, but I'll admit may not have the perfect looks (well, to me he does) but that doesn't matter. I may be the rarest girl ever but I think personality is better than looks.
    As for the sympathy dating, that's crazy. I would never ever do that. Not even when I was in middle school. It's just mean and hurts the person. One of my best friends has told me, I'm the only girl that pays attention to him. I don't see why tho. He's hot lol. But still. He had the sympathy girlfriend thing and all it did was hurt him.

I'm gonna flat out say this because I know first hand too. Girls can be very mean and bitchy.
    Thankfully I have been told I'm nothing like that. ☺️

Then you must be in the minority

interesting response. well I was agreeing with you not him, yes I have realised that in 29 years thank you very much. I'm saying you are not in the minority (that's what majority means).

@noModifierNeeded
      Sorry. Some people like to argue with me. I thought you were telling me I only want guys for looks.

I am going to be completely honest. When I date, personality is key and how I bond with them and their interests. But. In the back of my head there's that 1-10 tally system that I analyze evey guy with. For me I'm not interested in anyone lower than a 5/6 that's about as far down the numbers as I'll go. I don't purposely look for the hottest guy out there, personality is more important to me but they must fall with the 5-10 range because girls, honestly, you know you don't want to date someone who is ugly. For me I always feel bad about it, I like to give everyone a chance but I just wouldn't be attracted to them and their wouldn't be a "relationship". It's just not how our bodies were programmed. In reality it's science. We dont do it on purpose, we are suppose to look for the healthiest and fittest. And guys, you know its not just woman, plenty of guys out there won't date an ugly girl for the same reason.

Yep. You've hit the nail on the head. Exactly what I have pointed out.

After reading your article i was like "BULLSHIT HERE BULLSHIT THERE BULLSHIT EVERWHERE!" :O

And why is that?

But you have admitted that looks are important in both genders. Looks will get you in the door and personality will keep you inside.

Dude, looks are important but they in NO DAMN WAY win on personality, at least not for me.

About the middle school thing, I know that this is only my second year in middle school, and it's a christian school, but none of the relationships last 1 week. They last about 3-5 months. Usually.
    I guess in a small way you're right: guys do have to have SOME level of attraction, but it's not based solely on that. "Don't judge a book by it's cover", that's true, but in this world, if the book doesn't look even a little bit appealing, chances are you don't want to read it.
    Then again, the book may look totally amazing, but it may contain the worst plotline to ever be written. Just goes to show that there needs to be a balance.
    I don't believe that women are as shallow as you claim.

Exactly my point. If the book doesn't look that pleasing, then no one will want to read it.

Exactly

I always laugh when guys ask or post takes about this, as if somehow, they made a huge revelation. Lol nope.

It's human nature, WE ALL want someone who's attractive and that we like they're personality. Looks are the initial attraction, but personality keeps you with them. That doesn't mean looks matter more, it just means that's where it starts. And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that because everyone should be happy with their partner.

Are you telling me that if Rosie O'Donell or Honey Boo Boo's mom were to be super nice and caring, that you'd pick her over Scarlett Johansson or Mila Kunis? I highly doubt you or the majority of men would. And there's nothing wrong with that, it's human nature.
    So unless you'd give that "ogre looking" woman a shot, you're no better than the women you look down on. And no, "pity dates" don't count, to me that is even worse because you're giving them false hopes, and just trying to make yourself look better and "open minded". Knowing damn well you'll never want anything serious with them.

87804c6124014826b3ef-3d214fd474cd2df9cdee1b4ee2b1a895.r73.cf2.rackcdn.com/764111.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/H3C3Ixu.jpg
      Here's the guy version. Everyone wants someone attractive and a good personality. This doesn't mean looks are more important.

If personality had much weight to people, then we would weigh personality with looks equally from the start. Like a test with 2 papers where one is looks and the other personality and you need to make a score total from each to get with you but most people do not do this and only care about the looks from the start in picking mates. Hence, why majority of relationships fail these days.

People select looks, they barely know the person and become a couple. Realize their personality aren't compatible, problem ensues and they break up at best 5 years later. Rinse repeat until their much older into their 30's-40's.

@BubbleBoy69 this is going nowhere bye bye now

... and yet I read a Take/Question on this site not long ago saying that women are incapable of finding men physically attractive & that they only go for personality.

Are you saying men AREN'T visual, and that you're incredibly offended by the mere thought?

Thanks guys for telling women exactly what we do or don't want or find attractive and what goes on in our own minds... and that we're all made with cookie cutters and all want the same thing.

Many guys on this site ( not all) always place the reasons for why they're single on everyone's shoulders but their own.
    Maybe it's your attitude that's the problem.

I wonder what the other person's take was that said that women are incapable of finding men physically attractive because that person is seriously wrong. I'm talking about the majority of women here and the majority of women put looks over personality. Looks is what always kicks open the door and personality keeps you inside. It's my attitude? Why is it that women blame the man's attitude over his looks. If he's ugly just say he's ugly. No one is trying to bash you for it, but you know damn well that it isn't the guy's attitude that is at fault here it is his looks.

I have guy friends who I'm not attracted to, but I like them on a platonic level. What's wrong with that?

No one is required to be attracted to someone just because that person might be attracted to them. That's not how it works.

We're all only human.

You're somewhat right, ugly and good looking is a matter of opinion, but the majority of girls want a guy who looks good first, then the personality comes second. Obviously if you don't have the personality to backup your looks then you're screwed, but looks are what matters first.

Well they said first impression plays a role for a reason BUT!! Still you can't just stereotype people like there's tons of girls who overlooked looks i mean cmon there's plenty of hot girls with not so hot guys and vice versa.. just because you happen to stumble upon these kind of girls who ONLY go for looks doesn't mean there isn't any girls who dont mind looks.. I don't know personally i like guys who are not too good looking cuz i'd have to think about all the other girls and shit so it's just complicated.. But one thing that commonly happens is that (no offence to anyone imma gonna use "we") we who know that we're not that good looking always go for girls/guys who is obv out of our league.. end of the story play it safe go for someone average unless you dont mind challenges then ok

It is a fact that women look for looks first then personality. No one wants to "play it safe" because if we play it safe, we will never be happy with ourselves. The human life is meant to be full of challenges.

Okay I believe that you are absolutely correct that physical attraction comes first then personality. I know some girls say that its not true but I think they are lying to themselves some part of their appearance they have to be attracted to. However I do think its possible that personality can come first but it depends on the situation. I will give you an example, I went out with a guy who I met online who was not really that attractive when i first met him. 25 and had gray hair his whole head. But something about him made me want to try a second date and I had high doubts because the physical attraction was not there but I gave him a shot. That second date changed my life because it was the most romantic date of my life. Our first kiss was like a moment from a movie. So because of his romantic side to him and he treated me overall made me extremely attracted to him and so I became so much more physically attracted to him. Things didn't work out for other reasons but as you can see its possible that someone who is not that attractive can land a girl it just depends on luck and personality. I agree its hard but you have to do something really special that others guys don't do when dating something that makes you seem like the best guy out there.

There are always exceptions to the rule, but you must understand that the majority wouldn't even consider that guy you met online.

When you guys approach women, do you think about her personality? Well, probably not, because you do not know her yet... you will most likely choose to approach a girl you think is attractive. You think that is your dreamgirl! But whaat? She doesn't want you to approach her? What is wrong with her? She is just so shallow she turns you down just knowing your looks?
    I'll just leave it here for you to think about it.

Hmmm... If she doesn't want you to approach her that means she isn't into your looks. It can't be because she isn't into your personality because she doesn't know you, it can't be because she has a boyfriend because if that was the case she wouldn't care if you did or not she would just tell you that she has a boyfriend, and it isn't that she doesn't want to be bothered because everyone likes compliments and if you go up to her and flirt with her (complimenting her and such), then she will blush and giggle because everyone likes compliments.

Not exactly like that, why do you think she is interested in any men at all? Also even if a girl says she has a boyfriend guys often try to continue the convo.
      But this wasn't really the point. The point is that men and women aren't too different, just think abut it.
      And to add here, an important point you are missing: for example if I turn a guy down it is most likely because he has behaved like a total ass. Not really much to do with his face. But ofc I would not be very trilled to date a guy I am not at all attracted to either, it wouldn't be fair for the guy either. It is just the way things work on this planet earth of ours.

Women are primarily attracted to certain character traits (not personality), like confidence. Confidence makes a huge difference. This has been said so many times that maybe some people are incapable of comprehending it anymore.

What is certain is that most women wouldn't want to date bitter, whiny guys. It's a complete turn off and it gives the impression that they don't have the mental capacity to have normal relationships.

Ohh poor baby, women only going for men they find attractive, how horrible. We all know how men won't mind dating the "ugly girl" because it's what inside that counts.

You're being very close minded here, of course if you only consider attractive women then yes they are going to be more likely to only date attractive men, because they can.

I'm not complaining about it i'm just stating that this is what happens. In the beginning of the take, I stated that this can go both ways, however (I should of probably made this more clear) women tend to do it more. Men are more open about calling people ugly so you here about those cases more often, but in fact women do it more and are a lot more sneaky with it.

@CHRIS11796 Point proved.

Ya but people make it seem like you have to be goodlooking to be attractive to one individual.

I think it's amazing that men apparently need a long take to point out the obvious, that looks matter!
    I don't know who told you the lie that looks don't matter? I'm guessing years of watching porn? But most women will not tell you that looks don't matter at all. Like your last picture, that can't be what guys expect, right? That a hot girl will throw themsevles at them because he's nice?

Looks matter, but that doesn't it's all that matters. People will normally tell you that look aren't all that matters and that's true.

Lol why would years of watching porn tell me that looks don't matter? Everyone is getting paid to do what they do so in porn industry looks will never matter. Many people always say looks don't matter, mainly other women and dating coaches who lie and say that they don't matter at all when in fact its quite the opposite. I'm sorry that this take kind of points out the obvious, but it is to explain to other gagers who are either clueless or living and lala land that looks are first, personality is second.

Stop. Speaking. On. Our. Behalf.

We have our own voices, thank you very much.

You still wouldn't date an ugly person

Looks draw you in, personality keeps you interested. If I meet a guy who's the hottest man on the planet but he turns out to be a complete dick, I don't want anything to do with him. You're acting as if looks only matter throughout the entirety of the relationship.

It proves nothing other than females have eyes and appreciate good looks. It does not mean they put looks before personality that is a decidedly asinine conclusion. Sure there will always be a few who differ but anecdote is not trend.

• More from Girls
    19

What Guys Said 57

Give it up, brother. This site is not a space for "majority" view. This is the site of the underdog, the invisible man or woman. They don't want to hear what you're saying

Exactly, so it is time to awaken the truth and stop this fairytale bullshit.

We all go for looks first and then personality

Looks are 90%, personality 10%

Attraction matters SOME, but is worthless if his social skills are wack.

Yes, you must have the personality to backup your looks, but looks are what brings you in.

Everyone goes for looks. I highly doubt you'll choose Susan Boyle over Megan Fox.
    But that doesn't mean looks is what matters the most... but it matters.
    Even if they're super awesome, if you're not physically attracted to them, you're not gonna date them... and it's perfectly normal to do so.

Personality still matters, and a good one may give you extra points if you're not that good looking, but there still has to be some sort of physical attraction.

You say you're unattractive, but yet you still dream of having a girl like "Kendall Jenner or Emily Ratajkowski", just like those unattractive girls dreaming of hot guys that you complain about. In the end, you're just like those you're whining about.

I wouldn't choose Susan Boyle over Megan Fox but I would still choose women I know over Megan Fox

No. Try being a hot guy with a disgusting personality, and see how you end up alone. You'll get lots of attention, cause looks is what people know at first, but once they get to know you better, they'll dump you.

Exactly my point. If you don't have the personality to backup your looks then you're screwed, but looks are what kicks open the door and keeps it open.

Your writing about stages in life you've never been to

And I've explained that I've interview people who have been through those stages.

I appreciate you took the time to write this entire thing out, but its a little far off of reality honestly. To bluntly say all girls care about is looks is actually really false the older you get. High school and college, sure that probably has some truth to it. However I can tell you with my experience that girls are not as shallow as you are making them out to be.

Maybe I get where I do because girls like older guys, or I just know how to talk to them; I never really thought about it. However I have no issue talking to an attractive girl and having a conversation, she certainly won't ignore me. Taking it a step further I have no problem dating them either.

Take 20 more years of talking to girls before you make this assumption I think would be fair to say, regardless of what kind of research you did.

Well if you don't have a hard time finding girls yourself then you must understand that the girl thinks that you are physically attractive. She wouldn't be bothering with you if she didn't think you were attractive in the first place.

Why were you walking up to the girl in the coffee shop? Her looks. So, she really has the right to judge you on the same quality. Meeting a girl in a different context, such as work, may have different results, because you get to know her before expressing romantic interest. Looks are superficial, I think most people only care about them to the point that they have nothing else to qualify a person on.

Both men and women look for looks. Also, if you meet a girl at work and you begin to express your romantic interest towards her she will put you in the friendzone if you don't meet her physical standards.

I have a happy life, but I'm telling other guys that women care for looks first and to stop believing this lie that women care about personality way more than looks.

And I'm saying that's not true. Most of them, my age anyway, care far more about personality.

I'm not so sure about you message here, but that middle college girl is FIIIIIINNNNEEEE!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Don't generalize, I used to don't. No not every woman is going to be attracted to you so what, your not attracted to every women. But be positive anyway, woman can read negativity in your attitude and body language. Simply complement them and if possible get to know them, if she still rejects you so what.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but looks will trump personality in the end

To say that men are physical and visual creatures but women are emotional and expressive is not untrue because we refer to innate biological drives.

To intentionally mar the understandings of how one sex may be innately predisposed in one direction, and the other sex, in the other, by talking about all of this as binary relationships as oppose to issues of degree is purposefully convoluted.

OF COURSE looks matter to both, of course personality matters to both. Guess what, men and women want LOVE in their relationship, men and women want SEX in their relationship, men and women enjoy DOING THING with one another, men and women appreciate CONVERSATION with one another, none of this proves or even suggests anything other than an inability to measure in degree and assess critically differences in biological predispositions. Think harder, learn more, be realistic please. Men ARE visual and physical creatures, women ARE emotional and expressive. Think otherwise? gl with life.

Also, one more thing. To ask women if an unattractive guy walks up to you and asks for your number would you give it to him? Is to ask men if you would start dating a girl with a dog ugly personality. Neither proves anything other than what is patently obvious to begin with. The fact is if a woman meets a guy and she thinks he's really hot, but he turns out to be incompatible with her personality, most women will be massively put off. The same cannot be said for men, I've known PLENTY of guys in the past stick it through (even if just for a while) with a hot girl whose personality did not jive with his at all. As for cheating.. sure it's 50/50 between the sexes but men and women cheat for different reasons. Women cheat to fill emotional voids (emotionally impulsive) generally, men cheat because they are horny buggars (physically impulsive) generally. Further observational truth.

You're smart, I like that. I said in the beginning of my take that this could really go both ways, but girls are more visual because they must chose the best looking guy to give up her eggs to, it's all apart of evolution. The emotions come later and when they do come, then looks will still be on top. If a girl's boyfriend suddendly turned ugly most of them would break up with him. It's all apart of evolution, so to insult my education as to say "think harder, learn more, and be realistic please." is not necessary, but you can do whatever you want.

Women are allowed to have their fantasies as well, it may be dumb and illogical but there are some girls who strive to change that. However, if all you have ever done is encounter American girls, assuming that is where you are from, i can guarantee 100% that girls from other countries have awesome personalities. There are some gals in the US with logic, wits and charm but it seems lost in a society that treasures sexualizing over exploring sexuality.
    Anyways good luck.

Foreign girls (meaning girls outside of the US) are even more picky. Not only do they want looks, but they have to be of the same religion, personality, and sometimes even race. Where as girls in the US, they aren't as picky.

Not my experience m8. I enjoy foreign girls much more and if they are more picky? good, then i do not have to wade through thorns to make it count.

Yeah they are pretty picky

You forgot about money and status, it would probably surprise you how many physically attractive women out there would be willing to date an ugly guy if he had lots of money and/or high status.

I talked a little bit about it in my take. I didn't spend time on it because that is a whole other conversation in itself.

Well it seems like you kind of forget about it when you mentioned that unattractive men cannot get girls such as Kendall Jenner, when in fact a very physically unattractive, even ugly guy such as Tyga was able to get her due to being a high status/wealthy male.

When I was talking about Kendall Jenner, I was just talking about hot girls in general, not really Kendall Jenner herself

looks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>personality

I don't think that they do. Men are more visually stimulated. Women are stimulated by touch, which can only be accomplished after laying down some kind of relationship.

Women are more visually stimulated actually. Women get to chose who they want and who they don't want based off looks just as guys do the same.

But in order to get on that date and for her to touch you she needs to be physically attracted to you.

True, but attraction and actual stimulation are two different things.

Fortunately I look good, though not necessarily hot.

Women want the whole package out of a guy in their youth which gives them unrealistic standards. Personality does matter to women but alone won't get you a girlfriend... only friendzone. At best a woman wants a guy with model looks with tall height, status, money and awesome personality. You could have 2 of those traits with no character or even bad personality and still get a nice girlfriend.

I don't have looks or height and only have a funny personality and charismatic persona but its still dont get me beautiful women. Reasons why I'm chasing money and status because there's nothing else I can do to change my genetics. You guys should do the same if you don't have good looks or height.

Personality is a bonus while looks is what matters.

Yeah true but like I said you can always chase money and status. An just buy whores instead. What does it matter if she wants you for your money? Love between a man and a women is always conditional, even for goodlooking men becuase if they lose their looks women wouldn't want them anymore the same way if you went from been rich to poor again. Know what am saying?

Yeah I see what your saying. It makes sense

Women wouldn't date a guy they aren't physically/sexually attracted to. But beauty is completely subjective and beauty metrics are radically different across cultural settings.
    A little friendly tip to you young fella, women want a man who is self-assured and thinks highly of himself. You need to be more confident. Do you have any positive traits? Having a good sense of humor, good hygiene and a positive outlook on life definitely helps. Stop wallowing in self-pity and have more control over your life. Women are also attracted to integrity, compassion and intelligence.

So you're saying that looks comes first? If so then you've proved my point.

I think looks and personality are both very important.

Anyone who go for looks OVER personality is fuckin dumb, both girls and guys

No i'm trying to say that girls go for looks first, then personality.

I agree with you 100% on this one. I don't want to date because of this. I was ugly as a teenager and I still feel like that. Maturing into adulthood has been good for me especially the past year. More and more each day, I get women staring at me. And it's not because of my personality. I've even had my ass grabbed before on the bus. Girls and even women in their 30s and 40s get nervous or try to impress me. Girls are so nice to me now. It's all about looks.

mhm exactly my point.

This is true for both genders. And yes, looks is commonly what matters the most when building a relationship.

So if you want a quick girlfriend, then start to look and act like "alpha", get a look like Christian Grey/Brad Pitt, behave like Chad Thundercock and make money like Steve Jobs. I wouldn't advise this however.

Yes, more common in women however.

• More from Guys
    37