Yes, I'm A Cheater And Here's Why

For the purposes of this article, when I refer to "cheating" I am not referring to anything physical (such as sex or kissing), but emotional cheating. AKA - conversations, going out for coffee, dates etc.

1. I wasn't getting what I needed in my current relationship

Long story short, every time I wasn't happy with who I was with, I would get the different various attributes of what I wanted or needed from other men. I of course did not want to let go of my current partner as I loved having the comfort of having someone there for me.

2. It is a good self-defense mechanism

I honestly don't open up too easily as I hate getting hurt. So by keeping my options open and not putting all of my eggs into one basket, I knew that I was safe. I love not having to open up my heart with the potential of getting hurt.

3. I get a high from all the attention I get

Let's be honest, it is fun to have different adventures with different people. In fact, I feel a huge boost in my self confidence when I know that I can juggle and attain more than one partner at a time. Nothing sexual just a fun little game.

2548

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. "Every time I wasn't happy with who I was with, I would get. . . what I wanted or needed from other men." You don't fix yourself with relationships.

2. "I hate getting hurt" but you don't mind inflicting hurt on others who have trusted you with their heart.

3. "I get a high from all the attention I get." One day, you will realize that relationships aren't all about you.

Nice trolling.

Most Helpful Girl

• Thanks for being honest, but honestly it's just so cringe worthy when cheaters try to justify what they did.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 47

• I love it how the first point was trying to make you the victim "oh I'm not getting what I want in a relationship, so I have to get it somewhere else while still telling my boyfriend how much I like him. Poor me :'( "

If you don't like getting hurt and like the attention, don't get in a relationship -_-

• The reasons you listed are good reasons to leave a relationship or to stay single...

• the only reason for being a cheater needed is... i lack the moral fortitude to do what is right

if your relationship is lacking or you enjoy the attention you get from others than be single. it's really that simple. rather than betray a person's trust. cause them to question themselves or others in future relationships. rather than be selfish and only focus on what YOU want (not saying you but the "you" in your post), do what is right

• So you have commitment issues, trust issues, are selfish and incapable to communicate to whoever you date what your needs are.

Congratulations.

• This happened to me with my ex girlfriend who I dated for two years. We were happy, had great sex and I did all I could to be a good boyfriend. The both of us also had time apart as most couples and she and I worked, sometimes late and we couldn't see each other. She became distant little by little, then confessed that she has been cheating on me for six months!

I never knew anything about it then she went on to explain how she met and then how their chemistry grew. Turns out she would meet up with him, go to events and outings etc when I was working or just apart at times. He pretty much became her second boyfriend.

She wouldn't tell me anything about him except he really treated her special and had great chemistry, but didn't want to break up with me to ruin what we had. I was shocked, but not enraged and tried to get answers from her. She said that our time apart was hard despite the amount of time we did spend together and she felt lonely and around that time was when she met him. Said she never intended for it to go as far as it did but didn't want to blow her chances with this guy due to how they got along. Got argumentative when I asked what I did wrong and couldn't provide much of an answer other then she "couldn't let the opportunity slide": and being with me was important too as she loved me.

It hurt for a while, i broke up with her and I didn't date anyone for a while. I understand how it can be for girls when different people satisfy different needs, especially in close emotional connections. Though there is always someone who can get hurt.

• "1. I wasn't getting what I needed in my current relationship."

So rather than communicate your needs like an adult, you choose to cheat!

"2. It is a good self-defense mechanism."

Typical of immature 14 year old mentality girls!

"3. I get a high from all the attention I get."

And then girls wonder where "true love" went =P It got replaced by attention seeking.

SOS Ladies! This is why guys don't take you seriously anymore!

• Congrats? Good for you for being a homewrecker? Good for you for being shitty?

What's the point of this?

• there's no excuse for cheating.

• So if your not getting what you want, when your in a relationship why stay in it? Or at least bring up your problems to who dating. Maybe he's not aware of your needs or problems. For the attention seeking and defense mechanism that just shows you have low selfesteeem.

• With that attitude one day you will fall so deep for one guy, who will betray you like you did in the past. And that's when your past actions discharge on you.

• I'm sorry, is there a question here?

• short and to the point. LOVE IT

• a lot of girls who cheat say that, before they end up fucking someone else. Then use the same previous excuses to rationalize why they cheated in the first place lol.

• And people judge guys for not wanting to get married? I'm really scared who am I going to marry.

• Well... i agree with number 2 at least. But you really shouldn't do it while a guy is committed to you.

• LOL the only reason you are a cheater because you are a HOE!! rest all your reasons are pure bullshit

• Oh my! You know what? I was going to tag you again in this question but then I thought the repeated tagging might irritate you, so dropped the thought. But I agree with you cause only a hoe can give reasons for cheating!!

• @Seneya yup... thanks for supporting me :-) ^^

• You "I want to be safe and get what I need"

*does everything that is most likely to cause you to get hurt, hurt others, and never actually get what you need.

• More from Guys
    27

What Girls Said 24

• 'Just a fun little game'... will you still feel the same when karma kicks in and the roles are reversed? Betrayal: it's coming for you. Enjoy, sweetheart.

• There isn't no excuse for cheating. I don't care if you weren't happy or wanted something new, you are hurting the person you are currently with. Cheating shows weak-mindedness, and is the cowardly way out of a relationship. If you are unhappy, be the bigger person and break it off, rather than stabbing them in the back with your actions.

• Cheating is a choice, and with that choice you choose to hurt people intentionally, one day you'll be held accountable for the hurt you inflict on other people.
    Rather than be in a relationship why not be single and just sleep about? There is plenty of men not wanting relationships that would gladly bang you. Don't turn a boyfriend into a cuck because you can't control how you feel.

• You are not a good person.

• Love the attempt you make at trying to be the victim. All you did was make excuses for your whoreish behavior. And, FYI, none of the excuses were good ones.

• I think emotional cheating... it sounds really hard to define to me. Like coffee date convos aren't that much different compared to talking one on one with a friend yeah? But going out on a straight up date, yeah that's bad.

• Or like being legit romantic, and telling them you want them or a future with them... hardcore.

• Yes people are possessive lol

• @Silver158 Yeah, like just doing it to insult him... still there are some fine lines depending on how you look @ it.

• If your needs are like that and you feel insecure, you should just be single. You're asking for trouble otherwise.

• One day it will all come back at you, hopefully...

• You can get all that if you are upfront with guys you start seeing by letting them know that you are not ready to settle down and can't be exclusive at the moment. Yeah you risk him walking away if he is more of a serious type, but at least you are being honest and not hurting anyone.

• Um if you two are not dating then there nothing wrong being open. But dating wise sure try to tell them you never fuck or kiss the guy if they caught you on a date. No one going to believe that shit

• You stay in a relationship because you can't handle being single. You like having someone to still take care of you. You'll look elsewhere for that validation and attention, but at the end of the day you still have that safety net to take care of you. You seem like a very selfish person. You don't want to get hurt but you don't give a damn that you're hurting your boyfriend. You're nothing but a terrible person. Stay single until you can work on yourself. You don't deserve to be in a relationship.

• The reasons you sited above show you selfishness and lack of morals, you'll probably end up on your own.

• Who are you? A child who just hit puberty? Because you talk like so. What a foolish to say! Grow some morality and grow yourself up a bit. My best guess would be, you are troll!

• oh dearr... girls like her are hopeless and pathetic. she will end up alone in he life anyways... :D

• @singlebee Yeah pathetic prat if not anything lol. And I will be glad if she does because I don't want good guys getting hurt because of this she-troll! Utterly disgusting!

• You can just do this out of a relationship, where you're not hurting the trust someone has put in you. :/

Please stay single and spare future heartbreaks.

• You have self esteem issues and need constant validation. Also you dread intimacy, maybe because of past experiences whicxh have not turned out well. Keep in mind that you will never be completely satisfied by this kind of lifestyle, at some point this juggling game will become less and less fun, if not impossible.

• If your not happy than leave,
    NO FUCKING EXCUSES!

• okay this is the dumbest thing I've ever read. don't get into a relationship in the first place if you intend to cheat? why even bother making a post to justify why you cheating.

• nice post--

• Wtfff is this

• cheating is a bad thing why you wanna show it as a normal thing?

• More from Girls
    4