4 Types of Girls That Don't Get the Time of Day From Me

Some girls I really like, others I'll tolerate just to be nice...and others just shouldn't talk to me. I suppose we all have our pet peeves and personal preferences, and there are certain types of individuals who just rub us the wrong way. Sometimes, it's just a personality thing and it's not necessarily their fault. That doesn't really change the fact that it still annoys the sh** out of me and frankly, it's better if we just avoid each other entirely.

Here are four types of women that just drive me straight up the wall.

The Ditz

I've never understood why some guys find this appealing. Maybe it's because the guys have crappy self-images, so they go for girls they KNOW are dumber than they are...? Just so the guy can feel superior in the relationship? I dunno, I guess. I just can't see any benefit to being with someone who acts like - and apparently has the mental capacity - of a thirteen-year-old. It's like dating a chick who never got past junior high, you know? Worse, they seem to have the attention span of a squirrel, which makes being around them doubly difficult.

The Imperious Princess

I suppose this is the opposite of The Ditz, though maybe not the exact opposite. The Imperious Princess is never wrong and takes control from the outset. She doesn't say she believes men should be subservient and yet, every move she makes proves the opposite. It's one thing to roll your eyes at your friends about your boyfriend every now and then, and quite another to simply dismiss the man in your life as being a minor attraction of sorts. The guy is little more than an accessory to her and that's that. You feel about three feet tall when you're with someone like this.

The Doormat

Ever go out with that girl who, when you ask what she wants to do, constantly responds, "Oh, I don't know, whatever you want to do"? Or when you want to get involved in some sort of meaningful discussion, she participates halfheartedly for about three minutes and then either bows out or changes the subject? Look, you don't have to control everything but you have to have a backbone. You have to have an opinion. I just refuse to date a mannequin. Not only is it exasperating, it's intensely boring.

And by the way, I don't mind shy and demure girls. But they have to step up and be strong women at some point.

The Damaged Goods Girl

Call me whatever you want. Say I'm a mean person who doesn't like to give a girl a second chance. I don't care. I'm past the point in my life where I want to be part social worker or therapist. I'm past the point of listening to horrid sob stories about bad family life, drug abuse, etc. If you're a mess, I'm very sorry that things didn't go well for you, but I'm not the guy who's going to risk a long-term relationship (and maybe my own health and well-being). It's unbelievable how many girls really are absolute messes these days, and it always surprises me when they say they have difficulty finding guys.

Really? Life dealt you a shitty hand, I get it, but it's not my responsibility to clean you up. And by the way, girls should say the same thing about guys who are messes.

Looking back on this list, I guess the long and short of it is that I can't stand extremes. ;)

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 19

Damaged goods? How are you going to be a therapist with that kind of attitude? Nobody is perfect and someone with a rough past who is trying to change isn't worth your time of day? Seems kind of hypocritical to me.

I think he meant he's past the point in life where he would consider being a therapist. I. e. he doesn't want to be a therapist to someone he's dating.

This means they're your secret fetish xD You do find them hot, and just hate the personality. But it's what you hate msot, that you can be attracted to the most for some reason.

Im sure girls do not want you anyways, so you do not need to worry about these women. Beggars can't be choosers.

This applies only to men, women can be choosers - but god forbid a man ever do it right?

@NessMess AMEN, if guys were as picky as women, they'd be trashed here daily.

When Women are shallow, it's called "not settling"... when Men are, it's because they're pigs

Hypocritical women these days...

• 3d

good take

I don't know about the last one. We are all damaged in some way, though some more than others. There is nothing wrong with showing compassion. Don't write someone off just because they have known pain. You never know when you may be put into the position of being "damaged." It is often those who have suffered the most who are willing to lend a hand.

I disagree with #4. I personally find people who somehow struggle with something are interesting, like there's something more about them than you see at first glance. If I fall in love, I fall in love with the person's struggles and scars as well, I'd do anything to even try to heal him a little. Which was the case in the last relationship I was in.

I agree with #4.

People are quick to scream at you for not wanting damaged goods. But when a girl says she wants a guy who has his shit together, these SAME PEOPLE are all like "yeah, u go girl!!!". Such hypocrisy.

* cue the astronomical Collective sighs of relief *

Not sure why you're catching so much shit for #4. Dating doesn't have to be equal opportunity - and you shouldn't be obligated to have to give girls a chance. If you're not into relationships that require more effort then that's you.

For the most part I agree. However there should be a distinction in the damaged goods part between life is currently a mess, and life was a mess but she got through it. If someone isn't stable when they are single, they will not be stable in a relationship.

Good point, I think the op gets that too but it's an important distinction

Yep, you described the ladies I can't stand either. And for the most part I'd say no one really likes these types.

I see why the damaged goods part struck a lot of people. I wouldn't consider myself "damaged goods" but there are clearly things I need to work on by means of putting myself first and finding stability. But if a guy can't at least be a good friend while the girl is trying to fix aspects of her life, then he doesn't deserve her when she peaks.

Cool. HAAAAATE dudes that wear skinny jeans lol. Like wear did your stuff go? Do you even have stuff or are you just bsing me?

Oops looks like I lucked out

I agree with all except MAYBE the last one. It really depends on how she handles being damaged. If she just mopes around abd blames everything done to her in the past on absolutely everything and everyone else then she can shove off. If she genuinely wants to try to get past all that, I'd date her, and help her succeed at that. I love helping people, it's my major.

Though also, if she's at her all time low, I probably wouldn't bother with a relationship, and more so with a simple friendship. Just because you've had it rough, doesn't mean I'm gonna let you make my life any less bright.

I like this opinion but then you have to add in female emotions and acting irrational when that time of the month comes. Look from experience I can tell you that dating women like this is A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

@SmokemJay And I can tell you from experience that dating ANYONE like this isn't always a waste of time. And please, do not use the time of the month card excuse here. It's not our fault nature screws with us every month. It IS our fault if we cannot find some way to effectively cope with it.

You're right about that, that was my bad and it had nothing to do with anything.

Welp, now you got that off you chest 🤗

I hope you hopelessly fall in love with a "damaged goods"- girl...

Damaged goods? You obviously don't care about people because not everyone's perfect and it's ignorant to not even give someone a change because you can't be bothered supporting her

I have to agree.

Never said you weren't a decent human being. Your mind and mentality is young though...

@SmokemJay so because I'm not horrible to people because of stuff that's happened in the past, that's having a young mentality.

What Guys Said 27

i'm a fan of all but the last one

I actually don't mind damaged goods as long as they aren't damaged beyond repair, I'm kind of like a human tinkerer in that way, and I'm good at fixing/mending people in a sense.

Damaged Goods girl is 2 bad days away from Crazy.

And we all know that rule, don't we?

I agree with everything, especially the last one. I'm done dealing with damaged girls.

That covers 99% of women.

Oh God keep those damaged good freaks away...

Those emotional and monetary leeches are the worst.

I'm with you on the first three.

Lmfao, so many salty women.

Women always play the victim card instead of the improvement card. LOL

You're all literally just proving his point. 👌😂💯

Lol I was thinking the same thing. xD Like when the girls comment "oh looks like I lucked out!" And I'm thinking, how could that have possibly sounded good in their heads?

That means they're either a huge asshole to people, an emotional doormat, have the mental capacity of a goldfish or are insane.

Ill take any but the princess honestly...
    Mainly because we guys DON'T get to choose who we date... Only women do.

I agree with you, they don't get the time of day from me either

LOL at all the girls triggered by this. They're all at least one of these and my guess is most of them are the last one.

the absolute messes exist and are so many today, because there are so many parents who are absolute messes. these girls and boysmust be shown love and respect as well. dont wanna nurse her? its your right. but you can guide her and show some genuine love.

Many people are "absolute messes". Not unbelievable, since it's true. Personally, I don't pay almost any attention to it. I do hate it when I choose to refuse and the fingerpointing begins.

The doormatness/shyness/indecisiveness in women is something I dread with a passion.

Girl's who dated one type of guy that are in total contrast to you.

Girls who passed you over for another guy then come back to you when things didn't work out.

You forgot to add that to OP.

Why can't she date a guy in total contrast. For example I don't have a type. For a guy he doesn't have to be a certain type

@Touchmehxx

It's something called alpha fux/beta bux. Usually women in their prime date one type of man who they are most sexually attracted to in their youth. However, later in life may change to a different type of man who she deems she can get more benefits out of but she does not truly love him. She is only with him for provider capabilities and providing a nice life for her.

For example- A woman who dates 6'0+ tale, handsome men in her youth and this was the only type of guys she went for but come late 20's is now pursuing a guy who does not match the physical characteristics at all of her ex. It leads to suspect of why she is with him, since her past indicators show that she is truly only been attracted to tall, handsome men.

Ah I understand what you're getting at.

Can I have all at once...

Oh God I hate when girls are like that
    the door mat
    "we could talk about whatever you want"
    "you can do whatever you want"

I agree with everything you said, i mean iam not looking for a super tough woman like you but a full doormat is not good.

as for the damaged girl... yeah just no, sorry for you past but you are your own person and have your own life, just most girls keep claiming its their life and they get to do whatever they want with it and guys shouldn't care or judge them... well you chose to be a mess, deal with the consequences.

You don't choose to be a mess

@PrincessPanda i really dont undestnad how some people think , i mean i dont expect a girl to marry a drug addict or a broke dude who gambles, if she wants to and she feels she can fix him ( probably will fail ) good for her, but me personally and the rest of the sane population will probably go for someone a little more... put together.

TotAlly agree, ain't nobody got time to put Humpty Dumpty back together again

You should tell Imperious Princesses what time it is.
    You should talk to them as long as is needed to get them propose to you, and reject them.

That's my line of conduct with this kind of female.

"why does it make you shitty to be pumped and dumped. And FYI I have had sex a lot (presuming you were referring to sex) so fuck off"

Ok ummm... You have poor reading skills and are overly emotional. You've had sex a lot good for you sex is a healthy and fun thing. Im hoping it was with 1-3 guys that way your name doesn't get passed around, guys are least tolerant to this shit and if you hope to get married one day good luck. What I said was, that its a waste of your precious time to TRY AND FIX PEOPLE... especially as you get older...

I know females in their late 20's early 30's who keep trying to fix their "amazing man" (who doesn't work and doesn't do shit) but stay and hope they'll change... Bums (or broken people DO NOT WANT TO CHANGE). As you get older you will learn. Im not discrediting you because of your age but you're not as experienced as you think you are, neither am I.

A) that was taken out of context
      B) how many guys it was is none of your concern
      C) I don't wanna get married, even if I did that's my problem not yours
      D) there's a difference between being 'broken' and just not doing anything around the house etc

E) my 'poor reading skills' is dyslexia I can only read every few words and it takes me ages to read and I skip stuff. It takes me a awhile to type out and I've got to use spellcheck for everything so I'm sorry if I'm not up to your standard
      F) this doesn't show I'm emotional

I fully agree with this myTake!

• More from Guys
    7