Top 5 Online Dating Tips for 2017

Tips for online dating? Oh no... not this again. Everyone hates online dating but if you look at the stats there are almost 20,000 people signing up each day. Yes... you heard that right. Much like a gym membership though, many don't stick around too long before giving up. Most are to impatient and want a magic method to find their soulmate or even just a date. If you remember that Online Dating is just a tool and not another social media platform you will do just fine. Hope you enjoy these next five tips.

Top 5 DATING TIPS for 2017

1. Have some patience and don't come off desperate.

It's okay to be single. Wanting something too badly will send the wrong signals and a negative energy. Finding love is not like finding a new outfit. It does take some time but it's worth it.

2. Be honest on your profile

Too many people do not post recent photos which can make for a very anxious and stressful first date. Don't lie in your profile either you will be found out sooner or later. All this does is creates a road to nowhere because more than likely you won't show up for the date in fear they will notice.

3. Stop reading inbox messages

If you are a guy than you probably aren't getting a whole bunch so go ahead and read them. If you are a woman who receives 20 a day ..STOP. Most messages do not show any effort an will end up just frustrating you and prompting you to try and "educate" the man that sent it. Your time is more valuable so instead look at profiles and you CHOOSE the man instead of letting them choose you.

4. Talk on the phone no matter what

Do not allow technology to rob you of whether or not there is serious chemistry between you. One phone call can make all the difference on knowing whether or not you will get along. Texting is never a good idea for setting up a date without a phone call first.

5. Take it seriously

Just as you get ready for a night out on the town so should you give the same respect to online dating. Spell check your profile in word before posting it. Change your photos often and make sure they are recent. Don't let the conversation get stale before asking them out. There is a moment when the conversation goes down the toilet which in many cases will leave you GHOSTED.

Add me on Instagram.com/onlinedatingsuperpowers for more tips. If you enjoyed this "myTake" please give it a thumbs up and leave a comment!

410
coachTanthony is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Girl

• Being honest is important sometimes things get really serious but then the person says something n it ruins everything

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with most of this. #4 is good advice for when I get to that stage. But in #3 are you flat out telling girls to not read their messages? This is precisely why many guys do not put much effort in; it creates a feedback loop. If a guy writes a detailed, thoughtful message and it goes ignored then he isn't likely to put in the same amount of effort in subsequent messages knowing that they'll just go ignored.

• Yep it's unfortunate... blame the dumb ass guys who ruin it for the guys who try. Too many women just quit because of it so... I need to do what's best for my female clients.

• @coachTanthony

I'm just curious. If you are advising women to not read their messages at all, does it also mean men shouldn't send messages at all? Because you prefer women to ignore those messages anyway, so what's the use of men sending messages in the first place?

• @aficionado. I advise women who easily get frustrated and irritated with stupid messages and get to the point that they just want to quit. So if that's an issue let's remove that obstacle. Some women are okay and can ignore the dumb messages and seek out the good ones. Its a just a tip to keep them focused. So no... men should always keep messaging because this obviously doesn't affect every woman online.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 3

What Guys Said 9

• 1) Be female.

2) Be under 35.

3) Don't be fat.

• Dating sites/apps are not popular in my country :/ it's filled with ugly girls and catfishes.

• Does online dating even work for anyone except hot white men? Probably not.

• My nerd clients do better then hot white men. Its a myth.

• Lol. This is so true. Its so many white guys on dating sites

• Hot men in general... I don't think race would negatively affect it. If you were black lets say you may get fewer replies from white girls... the ones that will reply chances are will be very keen because there aren't as many on the site.

• Online dating is for serial killers and people hiding some major flaw.

It's also pointless if you are a guy.

• "take it seriously" lol you're setting people up for a rude awakening

• Be honest? No. I've done it multiple times: fake an account of a rich doctor with a huge dick and photoshop some pics next to a sports car.

Just try it with a fake pic of some hot guy and see how many responses you get.

• Sarcasm? If not what is the point? It would be an obvious lie on first rl meet and she'd probably tell you to take your fake ass back home the first 30 seconds after meeting and wasting her time after leading her on.

• If i'd follow your advice I'd be a virgin lol

• Online dating shortcut = Backpage/escorts. Lots of time saved.

• @likitb4stickit Wow you still getting it on at the age 101 props!

• Yup, unfortunately I've never stopped being horny (whoever says libido stops with age hasn't met me). I'm actually 103, when I joined at 102 it wouldn't let me set my age as that.

• Take online dating seriously? Ha, that's funny. If you take online dating too seriously, you're gonna be seriously disappointed.

I've used it for over the years and while I've managed to get dates, flings, and even hookups, I've never had anything serious. For all you know, each person you seeing is seeing/talking to others on there and if you invest in a person too much only for them to disappear with someone else, you'll be disappointed.

The rest i agree with though.

• You can't use your bad experiences to judge it as a whole. Indeed anyone you meet in person and talk to could also be talking to a multitude of other people. Generally that's expected if you're a young single person, online dating or not. If they disappear with someone else, that's because they were more attracted to that person and felt more connected with them. They have no obligation to only talk to you if you're not together yet.

I take online dating seriously, I use it as a means to expand my dating pool. Hardly going to get disappointing if a girl doesn't choose me over another guy she's also seeing, that's life.

• @Kkaos that's exactly why I multi date. I never said anything about them having me be the only one they talk to till it's exclusive