When Does Love Begin For Guys?

Most women know what love means to them. Most guys have an idea of what love is too, but what guys think and what women think about love isn't always the same.

So what are guys thinking? What's going on in their heads? Really, what's the big deal about love? Talk about a Pandora's Box, I don't have near the room to touch that. But the one thing I can tell you is that guys think about love, but it just may not be the same way women think about it.

I've heard from some of my female friends that women think about love from the moment they meet a guy. I've heard that sometimes women fall completely in love only to later learn to like the guy they love. I've had women tell me that guys have to learn to love the women they like. That's confusing. So where does a woman start?

Gogus olculeri

Let's start with what happens when a guy first meets a girl. I know, a lot of women are going to read this and roll their eyes while they think, "I know what a guy thinks the first time he meets me." Yes, guys check out women's bodies. I'd be lying if I said otherwise, but I'd also be lying if I said that a lot of women don't play to that fact. Have you seen the outfits some women wear when they go out? It's sorta like a game. Wait a minute, did someone say game? Well, like any game, the more you know about the rules, the better you can play. Trouble is in this game there aren't any set rules, everyone kinda makes them up as they go a long.

But just because most everyone has a different set of rules doesn't mean there aren't some things women can do to help things along. For instance, like I said, guys check women out. They look at them and, yes, some guys even let their minds wander. Women can't let this bother them, it's going to happen. Accept it and move on.

But there are things women can do to make the first conversation go longer than a few minutes, perhaps turning into a date or more:

• First, realize if the guy came up and talked to you, you probably aren't the first women he has approached and talked to but coming over wasn't easy. Guys are intimidated by women. It takes courage to get them into a conversation, so if he has come over, be flattered. He chose you.

• Next, unless you're a game player, either talk to the guy or ditch him. If you do ditch him, remember there are nice ways to go about it like offering a, "Thanks, but no thanks." An "I'm waiting for someone." Or even a "Thanks for saying hi, but ____________ (insert your own line here)." There's no reason to be rude.

• Now, let's say that you decide to talk to the guy. This is going to make the guy happy. Let's say you've even decided that even though the guy has likely checked you out from head to toe (and maybe even undressed you in his head), you like something about him. Now what? It's all about keeping his interest. But remember you can't come on too strong and you don't want to be too coy. Too strong - you run him off. Too coy - he might throw in the towel.
  • "Too strong - you run him off. Too coy - he might throw in the towel."
  • So all you have to do is make sure he is interested. Guys certainly like things when they're easy, but we can lose interest. Make things a little intriguing and the guy will likely want more. For instance, say you meet a guy and hit it off. You're interested and would like to see him again. Ask him for him for his phone number and call or text him the next day. Ask him to call you later. You show him you're a little aggressive, but still want him to make the first big move. It's all about encouragement.

The bottom line is to remember that the game has no rules. Remember that guys are thinking too and like it when their efforts are met with some interest. Keep it interesting, keep it fun, be patient and give things a chance to get started. You might just be surprised. You might have a good time!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 12

• When and only when she's hotter than any other girl he could sleep with.

• From love to a game to lust... sooo when does love begin for a guy? Did you forget the title of the article or is it making sex not easy but interesting and keeping their sexual interest what guys call love?

• ... What the heck does this have to do with love? Lust, yeah. Initial attraction, yeah. The beginning stages of a possible/potential relationship, yeah. But when does the love come in? You didn't answer the question. Sorry :/ Just don't get this article

• It's almost as though you've been asked a question about love by a girl, and not wanted to answer it so then gone off on a tangent to draw her attention away...

Typical guy =P so unless there are some follow-up articles explaining the entire process from meeting the girl to falling in love with her, why is the title still as it is?

PS I don't know about most women but I find that guys approach me in a rude way, and that's why I'll give them the mean look or the sarcastic comment.

• It was more about the game. Where was the actual answer? Now I am confused.

• Nice article but I am still left wondering "When Does Love Begin for a Guy?", - this was not addressed at all.

• Good article I like the part where it says to text the guy to call u. I hate being the first one to call that ruins all the fun of bein persued

• Seems like we have an idea right away and maybe sometimes try to explain it after the fact.

• So...when does love begin for guys? uh, nice commentary but I think you got a little off topic and never answred the question...

• Well..seems like you know how to play the game with women!! You've taken very good notes!!

Now..where is the part about falling in love for both men and women??

• So when does love begin for a guy??

• Lol.. this didn't make any sense ..

What Guys Said 15

• At an undisclosed time and place, love has no specific time frame it simply happens when it happens.

• I started eating food when I was a baby, so I guess that young huh?

• When bacon gets put into the frying pan, that's when!

• when you wake up you automatically look over for her, if she's not there you miss her. when you see her faults as positives. When you can stand her being drunk and you still get out of bed at 4am to pick her up even though her non drunk girlfriends are there.

• When you realize you wouldn't hesitate to die for someone. That's when you can call it love. Simple and easy.

• With a swallow?

• Even though this article is on point, and was getting to the point that it would relate to the question in itself, i believe it was stopped prematurely. Unless the writer was trying to say that love begins for a guy when he approaches a girl. then sure. other than that... like does start when a guy approaches a girl alright, and if she can manage to keep things interesting, and not have dumb expectations, eventually Love may begin to form for the guy.

• Everyday to be honest.

• This article is bogus. It started OK but you lost me after the into. I don't know about you, but you make it sound like the entire process of a male falling in love is predicated on pure sexual attraction and that is not the case. Any intelligent male knows there is more to love than lust. Personally this sounds like it came from the head of a 16yr old, not a mature male.

• All true. But for him, when does it turn from a good time into love? Oops I see that's been asked. I think they are waiting for the update.

• Silly Wabbit games are for kids.

Someone either is SHALLOW or not.

They take the time to get to know the real you

Otherwise women will continue looking for someone

and that is Mr.Right.

Only problem he is about as real as Barbie is.

Women don't need to look high and low.

It can be the guy next to in class.

point give a guy a chance

• Just depends on the guy- it's all based on his personality....

• Nice article, but I still didn't see the part that explains when love actually begins for a guy for girls. It sounded like a polite way for women to handle pickups (which was good btw)

• It would be nice to be rejected with a "thanks but no thanks" rather than the usual *mean look + walk away*.. :)

girls, do listen to him - be nice to guys that approach you, if a guy gets rejected in a nice vs. a rude way he can still walk away feeling ok

• Sounds kind of complicated.