Dating ugly dudes is the new shallow

dating ugly dudes is the new shallow.

Have you noticed? Good looking guys are the ones who are being left alone nowadays. Why is this?

I have many approaches on this:

They are a very small percentage of the population, so chances are that popular guys are not inside this category. (Girls go mainly after popular guys)

Girls judge them instantly by their looks, they think they're not nice persons or that they may cheat on them.

Girls are conflicted with their standards or their moral, they won't allow themselves to fall for a cute guy because that wouldn't be right, "I cannot be that shallow" they may think, in most cases they don't even reach that point because they think that they're attracted to him only based on looks, so they seek that one special guy instead, the one with the hearty feelings, even if the cute guy was that guy.

What do you think? Am I wrong? I think that even good looking guys deserve a chance, honestly. I've been seeing a lot of nice girls going for ugly dudes that treat them like shit or that are not that great boyfriends.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 35

• ... what even is this.

• Um- well… A Girl wants someone that makes her happy, every time they see him. Not someone who would treat them like shet. Some girls do go for the "hot" guys but for I really don't care if he's hot, cute or not hot, I just want someone who will treat me right and respect me.

• Yep, I see an attractive guy and I crush on him from afar and don't even bother trying. Why? Because I don't think I'm on his level. The fear of rejection is always there and when its an attractive male the chances are almost guaranteed rejection in my mind.

So personally, I don't speak for all girls but I don't really go for attractive guys.

• you got to be mentally challanged or something...

• Well, there are a lot of girls (and guys) walking around with uggers on their arms so that people don't fantasize about them.
    I don't think that makes them shallow though.
    Women care significantly more about looks for something short term anyway, not long term.

However I have to say, I think you used this as a copout to explain why girls don't want to date you...

• Everyone is thinking that hahaha. You're wrong

• What did I just read?

• women are shallow if they go for good-looking dudes, women are shallow if they go for dudes who aren't super attractive. So who are we supposed to go for? You are just shaming women for their choices no matter what.
    So maybe us girls should just stop approaching guys, and just start dating other girls :P

• I don't approach nice looking guys because: i assume they are already in a relationship, they are out of my league, I'm to shy, and/or maybe it's just that I'm more into people who i can relate to ( I'm a geek lol ) :/

• I am in no way bragging when I say this. In all honesty I didn't think that much of his appearance/looks when we first started dating. However my boyfriend would be considered fairly handsome. It didn't even occur to me how handsome he was until I casually showed (upon request) a picture of him to a few of my co-workers. My female coworkers immediately expressed how handsome he was and even the male coworkers admitted he was a "nice looking guy". I was shocked at the responses. A lot of us women really don't focus too much on a guy's looks. That isn't to say I never found him attractive I mainly focused on his personality. Sooo... This is a bit wrong.

• I think your observation is correct, your reasoning not so much.

I think it's true women realistically do not go for super attractive guys. We may wish he was with us but we're also afraid. Afraid of getting hurt. The assumption is that attractive men can have their pick of women and well have you read all those takes and posts about how it's normal for men to sleep around, around here?
    We wonder is he gonna cheat? Am I good enough. Because second assumption is that men judge look very harshly and care about little else. So I should rephrase am I good enough to am I pretty enough. In the heads of a lot of girls and guys their beauty standard is unreachable, leaving them to always feel insecure

On the upside if you are that good looking guy you can easily fix most of that by being reassuring and telling her she is the only one

• You thinking girls who go for "ugly" guys are shallow is shallow, ever think that girls actually think that guy is attractive. :/ your the shallow one

• Women go for ugly guys because they believe they are good and won't cheat cause they're ugly but it's a lie cause guys cheat no matter what...

• think this is exclusive to men? women can be cheaters too

• They are cheaters to but since I'm not a cheater and only like men, i call all men cheaters idc about female

• i think you are wrong. i dont remember ever seeing a sexy girl go for someone uglyer than she is. maybe you're seeing ugly girls date ugly guys.

• I forgot the nationalities of the people here, well you haven't been to my country then. You have absolutely no idea of how many pretty girls are with less than average guys.

• What country is that? im from the united states.

• Oh snap im soo "shallow" can we stop having these BS talks saying dating a cute guys/ugly guy is shallow, and stop judging people about who they are dating cause it isn't anyones business and you're not even dating them sooo... you say that's shallow? nah, judging the person about who they are dating is.

• Actually I just assume that if a guy is "too handsome" he's probably gay so I don't even attempt it.

• If ugly guy without high standard I doubt he's mean I just realize some ugly guy are more chill nit treat girl that bad like most guys now a days

• I don't usually date hot guys because THEY'RE shallow. And I'm pretty attractive myself, and take care of my appearance. but they rarely look beyond what they see. Uglier, chubbier guys look beyond my appearance, because they want girls to do that for them.

• ugly or good looking dudes,,, every male thinks similar. ones know how to fake it more than others though

• Does not apply to my life at allll. If I don't find him attractive (and my standards are both obtainable and something else) he get's written off.

• I don't read takes much but I doubt they can get any more ridiculous than this.

• it's gotten pretty popular though ^_^

• after 100 cases I think i'm allowed to judge

• Actually you're not. You can, but that doesn't mean you have the right to.

• You are just so good looking, you are out of everyone's league.

We're all standing around waiting for Angelina to dump Brad for you.

• Quite the contrast to you then.

• ok.. I'm not sure if I'm having a blonde moment or what..

but I totally don't follow what you are trying to say @ljx34c

• More from Girls
    15

What Guys Said 32

• No, no. I just think the good looking guys that aren't nice get the more fake girls, whom avoid the ugly guys. The nicer and better girls go for whoever makes them happier. Regardless their looks. Seems to be the case where I am at least.

• This doesn't make any sense.. I'm single because I'm not attractive.

• Lol if this were true I would have a girlfriend. There is another reason I don't have a girlfriend besides being ugly and I already know what that is.

• Ummm, your completely wrong, sorry girls aren't falling all over you cause they are seeing the... not so attractive guys for who they are and like them

• If you are attractive, congratulation. Girls love attractive dudes. Ugly guys suffer miserably from rejection. People like attractive individuals. At least, you have the option to cheat on her. Ugly guys don't have it because nobody is willing to date them.

• Exactly this guy is delusional. Ugly dudes have to struggle just to get one girlfriend. Girls assume your callus or you will cheat if you act like a callous douche. Thats all.

• Yeah right... What dope are you smoking?

• That is some next level excuse.

• TL:DR I'm a good looking guy but women don't want me, so therefore they are shallow.

• Im ugly and cuties don't even gimme a chance 😂

• maybe because of that pic you have.

• Yas.. too ugly for a cutie to take in account :(((

• Honestly girls want good looking guys. I haven't seen a girl avoid a guy because he's good looking. I'm pretty sure when they see a good looking guy they don't assume that their a bad person. Sure some prejudices may arise but if a guy is attractive nine times out of ten they'll be given a chance by the person who's attention they caught and if that attractive guy is interesting and has good conversation skills then he will definitely hold on to her attention.

• Yea no this ks wrong am sorry but most girls will get to know a guy as a friend first then dated then if i girl did not ask you out maybe your a bad friend or took to long to ask her out and got friendzonned. My ex liked me for 4 year use to drop me hits all the time. But back then i only cared about school but i did ask her out last year. But i just put it this way girls like to be ask out not the other way around. Now as for pretty girls with ugly guys ask them wbh they are dating them. For me its about who they are not what they look like. I fall in love with my ex the first time i see. Her but rejected girls 10 times hotter them her n with better bodys. But think on it never everyone is shallow n when dates people just base on thier looks.

• Ehh no, it's hard for any guy to get a girl but it's easier for good looking guys

• that is gotta be the lamest excuse to call ur self good looking :P lmao

• This is largely true because women prejudge most attractive men to be players or cads. And many attractive guys are very unpopular with other guys because of the massive inferiority they rouse in other dudes. This is the Tom Brady effect. He's better than Peyton Manning, but most guys like Manning better bec

• ause he's not as attractive as Brady and doesn't engender feelings of inferiority among guys. Brady dates attractive women only because he's highly successful, and women will date a serial murderer as long as he's famous and highly successful.

• Disregard this post, bro this has to do with your past experiences. Anyone can date anyone bro stop being judgmental

• Your claims may have had more of an impact on your audience if you were to back them up with some examples or external sources. It sounds like this is mostly a reaction to a very specific personal event you experienced, so its a little hard for the rest of us to relate.

• They don't fall for a cute guy because we are too handsome and we think that is all a relationship needs and to make a woman happy. Women are emotional beings. If they want to fantasize about a good looking guy then they will dream it or watch Ryan Gosling on the big screen or Gerard Butler for that matter.
    A woman doesn't go for an ugly guy because he is ugly.
    A woman go's for an ugly guy because she sees more potential beauty of his character.
    All women want to one day be married and have children.
    An ugly guy or average guy understands the exact pace and what to do to keep the relationship staying fire hot.
    He may not even know exactly how but he knows naturally and sub consciously.
    It's because he isn't staring at the mirror admiring himself or trying so hard like we do.
    He is just being him and not lying about his feelings.
    When he wants something he gets it and he doesn't disect it to where his thoughts become mangled

• No no, there are ugly dudes cheating so much on their gfs

• Keep deluding yourself dude...

• It has more to do with your appearance. Do you look like a douche bag with dog tags, long hair, and tight jeans? Then yes, you would be perceived as however people generalize it.

But to state that ugly guys have a better chance...

• You are joking right?

• More from Guys
    12