Dating an older man is nothing like dating one your age (in my case it would be early 20's). In some cases it can be better and in other cases it doesn't work out. Like every relationship dating an older man will have its ups, down and complications.
Here are some pros and cons based on my experiences.
- Ready to settle down: A man in his 30’s is most likely ready to settle down; have a family and kids. Something a woman in her (early) 20’s may not be ready for.
- He doesn’t stay out late: After a certain age men don’t want to be out all night drinking and dancing. He just wants to stay home with you and be in bed by 11 (which doesn’t necessarily have to be a bad thing).
- He gets compared to your father: “Isn’t he as old as your father?” a question that makes everyone uncomfortable, but can be easily ignored. All that matters is how you feel about each other.
- Life experience: An older man has more experience and knowledge. He knows what he's doing and he knows what he wants.
- Maturity: He's been in his share of serious relationships, so he knows what it takes to be in a committed adult relationship. And he probably knows how to deal with his emotions better than a man 10 years younger.
- Silver fox: I don’t know why, but it’s so hot. A man who is confident with his grays is way sexier than one who dyes them to make himself look younger.
- He knows who he is: While your twenty-something-year-old boyfriend is busy trying to find himself, an older man has already found himself. He knows his likes and dislikes very well.
- Bedroom: He’s awesome in the sack… That’s all I’ll say about that.
Tell me your thoughts and personal experiences in the comments!