Why do people think you need a girlfriend?

I will use myself as an example. I am 24. I am single and fine with it. I am in college and I do not approach the women there. I am there to learn, not meet women or form relationships with people. Society believes that people need to have a spouse when it fact you don't. I will be honest, I don't like people and I don't trust them. I prefer my own space and things my way. If I could be single the rest of my life I would choose that over having a girlfriend. This is how I genuinely feel and it won't change. I prefer my space and solitude. Why do people think you need a girlfriend?

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't. People are messy, they're human and therefore prone to making mistakes. And if you're with someone long enough, at some point and of some degree you will get hurt by them. It's inevitable and if you prefer to avoid it, that's your prerogative. It's great that you are your own person and both happy and comfortable with yourself.
    For me personally, while i don't feel i will ever get married, i do want to have significant relationships throughout my life. I think i see it as part of the adventure. New places, new sounds, new tastes, new people. It's more about meeting someone i get along with and can share an experience with, that i can bounce my personality off of.
    In the end though the thing to remember is that people change, who we are is not static or fixed in any way. So i wouldn't close the door on relationships altogether, in twenty years you may feel differently or completely the same... As long as you're honest with yourself and happy, that's all that counts. Screw society!

What Girls Said 4

• To be honest i love being alone i love not having to deal with others but only me, but my bestes of friends all have someone and honestly sometimes i get sad that im all alone, but i know i dont want to be attached to someone and yes its because i know i dont want to be hurt.

There's a reason I said I'd be happy alone. It wasn't 'cause I thought I'd be happy alone. It was because I thought if I loved someone and then it fell apart, I might not make it. It's easier to be alone, because what if you learn that you need love and you don't have it? What if you like it and lean on it? What if you shape your life around it and then it falls apart? Can you even survive that kind of pain? Losing love is like organ damage. It's like dying. The only difference is death ends. This? It could go on forever.

• Or you mean you don't get women flocking towards you lol. That's understandable if you don't get attention, you either won't care as much or you would crave their attention. Yo hit the don't care area. You don't need one, but guys do tend to want one for obvious reasons. College would be a great place to meet likeminded people though.

• You said it. I don't need one.

• Yeah no-one needs a guy/ girl. They either want one or they don't :) an if you get a lot of attention, you would want one. I'm guessing your a guy who doesn't so you kind of being negative about it. Just a thought.

• Someone might melt your heart like a wet puddle one day...and make you feel like mushy marshmellows..

Nah, i can't imagine that so just kidding 😉

g00d for you, cos everyone is obsessed about getting some one in their life.. Sounds draining.

• It's usually because they can't imagine their lives without a relationship.

What Guys Said 11

• you are 24, Im at the age of 23 when i said that i don't need a woman and i have a good reason not to have a gf, i came from a very secluded and poorest place, i thug on the streets and fight near to death just to survive my college and i have to work 3times than a normal students, but after graduating at the age of 23 i enjoy my job, foods, wine and bars but never date to any girls. Now i'm 30 and getting older, i feel like I'm tired of my endeavors, success with out a praise from someone is pretty sad, eating alone is very, dry!.haha.But i'ts up to you kid choose this path and follow me, being single at the age of 30-up is not a joke i tell you.

• Social conditioning is all. I think a girlfriend is nice but only if you two truly get along. Otherwise, why be miserable? Plus people in their later years get very very jealous of others' freedom when they are tied down. You can tell because if you're around married men, they'll make it a huge point to comment on other women's bodies not realizing I am thinking "Guess the wife's not doing it for him..."

• That happens to me all the time. Married men complain about their wives. I'm like "Why are you with her then?"

• i get what you mean 100% dude. Am i like you? No. I currently have a girlfriend, first real real girlfriend.

• Good for you. I truly mean that.

• This is correct. MGTOW, brother.

• It's not the something I can explain, you need to have had a girlfriend to understand. It makes me feel wanted, completed, more confident. It's like having a best friend, but she's attractive and you like everything about her. Why wouldn't you want to be able to call her yours?

• A lot of development requires a human companion. There are some lessons you cannot learn on your own and some things you cannot do on your own.

• Because the vast majority of people don't feel the same way as you do.

• While being single rocks and it allows you, more than allows you to be your own person, sometimes it just plain sucks. I can go either way, but I've been single WAY too long.

• No ones stopping you man, personally I like having a companion.

• To complete me and make me feel like a man

• Can't you do that by yourself? No woman can make you feel that way.

• A woman makes me feel special

• Have you ever had a girlfriend? I think you'd change your mind if you did.
    I feel I need a girlfriend because I've only had one girlfriend but when I was with her it was the only time in my life I felt truly fully happy. Every time I saw her I'd feel so happy, I'd smile so much it became laughter sometimes and she'd ask why I was laughing and it was simply because I was so happy

• I've never had a girlfriend and it will stay that way.

• I used to say that.. I'm glad I changed my mind