Would you ever date an ex again?

(read my previous questions from July 2013 on for back info, if you are interested)

I was head over heals for my ex and we broke up suddenly last year July 4th. He told me that he felt he wasn't 100% into the relationship and felt that he couldn't make me happy when he wasn't happy himself. Other than that, there were no other issues. a lot of his unhappiness and stress was due to his job.

Post break up, we remained Facebook friends and at least once a week he would like or comment on one of my statuses or pictures. There was also some texting and emailing. In October 2013, he got a serious girlfriend and pretty much told me off after I asked how he was. They dated until about a month ago.

Now we are texting again (he still had my number saved) and we have made plans to go out for a drink and catch up next week. Granted, most of our texts are sexual... but still. He has a new job, his life in general seems better, and he seems happier.

Is it a good idea to date my ex again?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, this is not a good idea, because you are hoping he feels the same about you, but in reality, you are a rebound from his recent split from his girl friend, so he is using you for sex, until something better comes along. By all means be friends, but don't put yourself in this mess, because only you will get hurt in this. Exes are made for reasons, we can never feel the same about an ex, because our bodies move on, we require bigger and better, and demand better, so there's no way he will be able to be genuine towards you, and he won't ever be enough of a man for you, seek that man that's worthy of you, not a man who you think your worthy of, x

What Guys Said 7

• I tried it multiple times with one girl and it was a disaster every time.

• Been there, done that. It ended with her becoming an ex again.

• No I'd never date an ex... Yeah I know people change and stuff but the way my brain works is once my feelings for someone are gone they're gone for good and I could never feel attraction towards them again.

• he is called an ex for a reason. but if you really want to give it another try with him its your choice. but dont be surprised if it doesn't work. i never dated me exes again , usually because they got married lol

• an ex is an ex for a reason

• Only if the sex was good enough. If the bedroom is not enough for you, get out, find somewhere better to sleep. Usually, ex'es are EX cause you needed to be rid so , why go back?

• The sex was great... he even thinks so. He is an ex because he couldn't handle all the stress in his life. Since our relationship was the newest addition in his life, he thought it was us... and later figured out it wasn't us. Like I said in my question, we had no issues.

• For the love of God don't...

What Girls Said 0