I'm 26 is it bad to want to date an 18 year old?

I mean she is very mature for her age. But I usually have a limit on how young I date, but what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• I did that exact thing back in the day. She was hot as all get out, but 18 year old girls come with more 18 year olds, often times 18 year old DUDES. Get ready for a lot of stories that involve being really impressed with themswlves for getting drunk. That's all still new and exciting to them. The age gap is technically acceptable, but where your heads are at in life will be VERY different. Chick was STUPID hot like I said, and I blew HER off. It was that weird.

What Girls Said 9

• I'm 18 and I would be flattered if someone who was 26 wanted to date me, given that that they aren't doing so out of desperation or anything like that.

However, I wouldn't want to get into anything long term and serious with them, as that's an eight year age difference and if we were ever to have kids, he would be waiting until I'm 25... you do the math. I would rather be in a relationship with someone closer to my age, so that when things get serious, we don't have to worry about such issues.

If you want to date this girl, it's none of my business, although I would think carefully about how things will end up in the long run for the two of you, if you decide to make a relationship out of dating her.

• I don't know...I'm 28 and mine is is 22. Similar gap and I usually have a limit too. In our case, we just...happened. When we met, I thought he was attractive...and then he told me he was 21...and I was like "Yeaaaa nope." in my head. We became friends and now...he's exactly what I've wanted. He's mature but still 'young'. He knows when to be serious. He may be 'younger' than me...but he's still able to get through to me like no one else has been able to. He would have been 18 when I was 24 and I'm pretty sure it's typically looked at oddly when we girls date younger more than the reverse. My relationship with him has been better than any relationship with anyone else my age or closer to my age. We were both very reluctant intitially...I have a kid...I both don't have time for that nor do I typically think it would work to tie someone young down with that situation...but it turned out to work.

• When I was 18 my ex was 26. He was my first bf, time everything. I was always attracted to the older guys. Don't care what people think. If she is mature and makes you happy. And don't hold life experience over her head cause people don't need life experience to know about life and being wise.

• Do you mind if I ask how the two of you met? I'm always curious how people of such an age disparity meet and form a romantic relationship.

• Omg, that's exactly how my boyfriend and I got together... crazy stuff!

• I see. Just luck and how things turned out. I'm never in those kinds of lucky situations so I was trying to see if there was some sort of technique or something. Thanks for sharing.

• I've been on the opposite end. I was 18 and dating a 23 year old. I'm mature for my age as well, but it was awkward at times. We were in two different places in life, I was just going to college and he was already graduated. When I would go to hangout with his friends, we wouldn't have much in common because they would talk about being out of college, this and that, sometimes they would want to go drinking and obviously I couldn't go. So things like that would make it awkward. You might also run into issues with her parents. It could possibly work. Be cautious.

• It's not bad! Young girls, I think, prefer older men to be their boyfriends. But not as old as sugar-daddy-year-old. LMAO. 26male to an 18female is cute.

• Naa it's not too bad. I dated a 26 year old when I was 19. I think I was more mature than him though haha

• No, not at all.. I actually want to go out with a 26 year old guy and I'm 18 years old.. I highly doubt he feels that way about me but anyway! I don't think it's wrong at all. Just follow your heart and do what you think is right :)

• I don't have a problem with it but i can see how that age difference could be problematic. Now 18 and 30+ is a different story.

• I think I might know you.. What's your name?

• Yeah right, my name is Ben

What Guys Said 7

• If there is a possibility of you two both being able to spend time properly and act accordingly as a couple, I don't see why it can't happen.

When attraction and chemistry are found between 2 people, nothing much can separate you two.

• SMASH IT SMASH IT SMASH IT. THEN SMASH IT AGAIN.

• go for it and if i were you, let her parents know.
    and by doing that, they know you are not taking advantage of their daughter.
    there's nothing wrong i believe. but if she was 14 and you were 22, then yes, that is a problem.

• yea make sure and meet her parents, and show them that you are serious about her and that you respect her. If she is close with her parents.

• It's not bad at all. Women hit their teens and don't really mature much more until they're mid or late twenties and they've gotten burned by enough bad guys. But by then they're already starting to lose their looks.

Anyway, if you can do it, go ahead! Makes for happier relationships.

• i could have dated an 18 year old 2 years ago but i turned her down. i feel like a moron now

• It's your situation, do YOU think it's bad?

• A specific one no if the reasons behind are solid and she is mature and wanting the same types of things in life as you.