Is giving a guy your number enough to let him know you like him?

I thought that by giving a guy your number it would show you are interested and like him, but I've been told differently.

Most Helpful Guy

• Showing interest is a good thing. Stop over-thinking it. I tend to be quite curious about a person I choose to give my number to... friend or otherwise. Not to say you should conduct a 20 questions game; instead ask an open-ended question. SHOW that you're interested. Not all men are mind readers.

• Yeah, I've been told giving my number doesn't really mean anything anymore. He just makes me really shy so I forget how to flirt and show interest. I know, it is lame :/

What Guys Said 5

• Its a decent hint as far as they go but with the rise of social media, having someones number isn't such a big thing any more. If you want to let him know you like him here is quite literally the simplest way:

when he texts you reply with two x's and maybe after a bit put it up to 3, not only will that be a fairly obvious sign but you'll also be able to tell if he's interested back if he uses the same amount for texts after that, even when he starts a conversation.

If you're not comfortable with that, giving him a text and starting conversations every once in a while is a good sign. A lot of girls seem to just wait for him to text them rather than take the initiative.

• it would indicate to me that a girl was interested

• I'd say that's a pretty obvious hint that you like him.

Who told you that's not enough anymore? Doesn't make sense to me.

• A few of my male coworkers. Apparently I'm too subtle when it comes to letting him know in person and giving my number is just as "subtle".

• i think it shows you are interested.

• It's damn good indicator but why not try the direct route and just tell him that you like him, and ask if he feels the same? No need for guessing

• I'm to freaking shy around him for that. I can barely say stuff without sounding like an idiot around him haha

What Girls Said 0