Have you ever dated someone you're not physically or sexually attracted to?

I've recently become a 'thing' with one of my best guy friends. I really love his personality and he's an incredible reliable friend. He's been waiting for me to come around since the beginning of the year. We've been 'together' for three weeks now, but I'm starting to feel guilty that I'm not physically attracted to him. I've laid out boundaries, but I'm afraid he's going to see that I'm not into him in any sexual way.

My question is, have you ever dated or been in a relationship with someone you're not physically attracted to?
What should I do? How do I tell him? (Or should I refrain from telling him that...) Help?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just break up with him and remain friends, why waste your or his time?
    He'll eventually will find someone who desires him, and you'll find the one you desire. But you won't be happy if you stay and your not attracted to him physically. So, just remain friends.

• How do I break up with him without killing our friendship?

• Alright, so just tell him out right?

• Yeah if you have to let him know then do so, if not save his dignity and say your not ready for that relationship. That's it.he'll understand

What Guys Said 3

• No, I haven't. I think there needs to be sexual attraction there for a relationship to be succesful.

• Attraction is a requirement for it to work out

• I have and it is awful. I felt like an asshole because she is really cool and I tried but realized that I'm not physically attracted to her. It was not a fun conversation to have that I didn't want to be in a relationship with her. We're still friends though.

• That gives me some hope that I can have that not-so-fun-but-necessary conversation and still manage to hold on to a friendship.

• Yeah, it was awkward for a bit, but things went back to normal. It got awkward again when I started dating my current gf because I felt bad throwing it in my friend's face.

What Girls Said 2

• Before I came out as a lesbian, I dated a lot of guys. I guess to try & cover it up? Doesn't really help you though, lol.

Honestly, I don't know. If you tell him it'll upset him a lot, probably, but it might be better. You don't wanna START the relationship keeping secrets & all.

• Why would I date them if I don't feel sexually attracted to them, when I can just hang out with them like with any other friend?