How to date a short girl? Are there drawbacks or challenges?

I'm 5'10", which is I guess is average for guys and I plan on asking out this girl I've known for years who is 4'10". I don't care that she's that short (and honestly I think it's an adorable height) but anyone have experience with dating girls that much shorter than you? Guys, what's it like? Girls, anything to say on your side?

Most Helpful Girl

• How can there be any draw back to something that is cute and adorable

• Im 5'1, and date 6'2 without any issues

• See...look on the positive side.

• Thanks for MH

What Girls Said 7

• I'm 5'2 and I once dated someone who was 6'3- he towered over me, the top of my head barely reached his shoulders even when I was in heels- a lot of people thought it was weird but he just thought it was cute and I liked having to go on my tip toes to kiss him and he always gave the greatest bear hugs.

I don't think height is an issue as long as you don't let it be an issue.

• That's a good point. Although, I've stood next to her when she's wearing five inch heels and I've never felt a difference in height so I get what you mean, cause she only reaches my shoulders then too lol. None of our friends find the height difference weird (the ones that know I'm going to ask her out) and have actually been constantly pushing us to be a couple since I asked her to prom.

• I am 5ft 2...my bf is 6ft 3. It is not a problem. Although sometimes I feel like a little girl hugging her dad when we are standing. But that is ok. I love tall men.

• It is not short but fun size:) lol but in all honest there should not be any. You may have to bend down a bit more for intimate stuff but I would not think that it would be a big deal.

• lol, that makes sense. I might be her height if I get on my knees (even then I might be like half an inch taller lol) but she really is adorable at that height and I can't imagine her any other way. Fun size does seem to be a pretty accurate description :D

• haha I like to say fun size and I am not even short:) and when it comes to kissing you could always just lay in the bed or something and now have to worry about bending down.

• Hahaha, I'll try telling her that. She'll probably kick me but it would be fun to see her reaction. I'm always messing with her about her height but she knows I'm just joking around.

• My boyfriend is 6ft2 ans I'm 5ft 2 and we have no problem, :)
    You obviously have to adapt times to times but it's not a real problem.

• I'm just worried she won't feel awkward from the height difference cause even now she has to tilt her head all the way back to just look at me if we're standing next to each other.

• I do it with my boyfriend and it's not a real problem :)
      When we talk, I'm not glued to him and when we kiss, I'm on my tip toe and he hang his head a little :)

• I'm 4'9 and a half and my bf is 5'10 and there's no problems

• Trust me it's hard work u would need to carry a stool with u everywhere bluuuuuuuuud.

• Kissing, and certain positions will feel awkward but if you really like each other it won't bother you so much. When sitting down or laying in bed you can hardly notice the difference.

What Guys Said 12

• I never noticed draw backs. I love lifting them off the ground when hugging and they're really easy to flip around in bed. I love it.

• I'm not sure, but I would think you'd have to be really careful about not seeing where they were. Like they could get underfoot pretty easily and you wouldn't know it. You might trip over them.

• I wouldn't marry her, she won't be able to reach the tall cupboards in the kitchen it will take her forever to make dinner and clean the house, that's like 3/4 of a wife only I suppose if you add two camels you can trade her for a tall one!

• But Habib, I only have one and a half camels and two goats. What will I do? Jk, I really don't mind helping and I can cook so that's not a problem, but first the relationship has to get that far lol.

• Avoid going shopping with her or be prepared to hear her complain that the petite range isn't good.

• What do you mean?

• I don't even dare buy clothing as a gift for this reason, I simply buy her what she points out instead.

• Yeah, that seems like a problem at times but I'm fine dealing with it. I'm taking her to prom and she still needs to buy a dress so I'm sure I'll be hearing this plenty pretty soon.

• Unless you like kisses on the bellybutton you gotta ditch man!

Really though there are no drawbacks.

• i will never ever get why women love going with guys that are a foot taller than them , like half a foot in height difference isn't enough

• It's the other way around in this case lol.

• so my statement still stand

• I don't know man lol. I'm living on four hours of sleep since last week. I feel like I'm high right now.

• You will have a hard time not hugging her and treating her like a cute adorable princess.

• Hahaha, I agree with you there! I feel like doing that every time I see her cause she's just that adorable height.

• It'll be fine, but to me girls that short look weird. Out of proportion.

• She's sorta skinny and short so she looks proportionate lol.

• Proportionately shorter legs but that's not noticeable when they're tucked in place beside her ears.

• That's true, and it's an adorable pose to begin with.

• Yeah, I am much more into tall chicks so I can lift em with their long legs wrapped around my waist. But yea, some short chicks can pull it off

• I know what you mean cause my ex was only 3 or 4 inches shorter than me and would do that when I picked her up, but I really like this girl so it's no big deal.

• Well yea then it should be no biggy but that thingy I explain is major turn on. So that's one of only drawbacks

• I'm 5'10" and my ex was 4'10". If she wants to kiss you, she will have to pull your head down so she can reach it. Other than that, there wasn't anything to it.

• I'm tall and find things to be much easier with tall girls - it's just more practical to be with a girl you're physically compatible with.
    When dating a short girl you have to bend down all the time, some positions are not possible and it's kinda awkward. I also find it more difficult to converse with someone half my size. Another issue for me is - I like to get all rough in bed, and if a girl is tiny I feel like it'll be too much for her. If you really like her tho, it shouldn't really matter.

• I wasn't really thinking sex to start off, just dating in general cause I'm not sure what girls usually want and if a whole foot difference is that awkward or not lol

• pedophile detected

• How does that work if we're both the same age?