Is it okay if you don't text constantly everyday in a relationship?

Is it okay if you and your boyfriend/girlfriend don't talk consistently all day? Or text goodnight and good morning everyday?

For the past 2 weeks me and my boyfriend have been focused on other things besides the relationship itself. For example, I'm busy fixing my living arrangements so we can be together more often and He's busy trying to making sure he can make enough money so we can do more things together this summer. We talk/text at least once a day and the conversation usually goes like this: "Are you alright? How was your day? What did you do today? Do you need anything? We'll be together soon don't worry"

It's the first time we've had to take time away from each other to get stuff done. We're not the best at texting and prefer to say things in person a lot.

Is this a red flag for our relationship in the long run though? Someone told me it was the other day :/

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it just means you're growing up and not dependent on texting. Unfortunately when you get older and busier, you tend to not text as much, but rather make a few phone calls during the day.

What Guys Said 3

• I wouldn't say that's a red flag at all. I think it's a good thing that you have a life aside from constantly being in contact with your SO.

• In my mind you don't need to constantly text each other or send good morning texts. Sure they are always nice but not really needed. I do think that you should have at least one texting convo a day and a goodnight text but that is about it. Everything else in person.

• I think it's preferable if you don't text constantly everyday.

What Girls Said 2

• yes cause me and my bf even just text smileys, emoticons and the usual ily, imy lol. if his emoticon is a sad face, i call him vice versa. our convos also are not that serious... :)

• Yes it's great to have a life outside of him