If a guy is on a dating site, he is dating others on their too right?

Guy I was going to meet Saturday. Told me he has a date next wed with a girl. An instantly it put me off him altogether.

As we was getting on well and he seemed keen. So I cancelled the date

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people i know who -actually- use online dating, as opposed to mainly flirting to boost self esteem, date a ton of people. Like one guy i knew, he'd be setting up 5-10 first dates a week, out of which maybe 1/3 would hit date 2, and of those, 1/3 would hit date 3, and thenhe'd either start dating or not with that person. he didn't string it out forever.

• First date's like an interview for a job, they're interviewing others, and you should be too.

Really, what's best is if you BOTH have others you're dating, and you both CHOOSE each other, over those choices.

• i was right. tall white guys are what every woman on dating sites are looking for. thats why i hate dating sites

• Some do @Venommm. Don't give up lol

What Guys Said 4

• There is a chance, yes... some of them are very serious and would not do that.
    If you learn to know people via a dating site, take your time. Sit in front of the chat box and ask LOTS of questions.
    You'll quickly feel if the person is frank with you!

• Yeah this might put me off too. I can see where you're coming from though.

• Dating does not mean exclusiveness. In one of your comments you said you never said that he owed you exclusiveness but indirectly you are saying he does by responding to him saying he has another date next Wednesday with it putting you off. You not giving him a change at all is ridiculous. At least give him a chance and then go from there.

• He agreed we shouldn't meet anyway lol so he can't of been interested that much obviously I had a point

• You were the one who called it off to begin with before even meeting him.

• Yes I know thanks for reminding me. Although didn't need reminding. Thanks :)

• I don't think he was being unreasonable. He was being honest with you. One date isn't marriage

• I never said it was mr sarcy

What Girls Said 4

• This is a dating website. Dating isn't a commitment. People are on a dating website to meet people, you didn't even go on a first date and unless you DTR, he doesn't owe you exclusiveness. This is something that could happen again.
    The first time I met my boyfriend, we were both dating, I had date while I was talking to him on the website. When we met in person and he asked me to be his girlfriend, we both stopped those website but until that moment, we were both free to date other people. It's normal.

• I never said he did owe me exclusiveness!!

• Oh ok I read it wrong. Thanks for replying :) an yeah will keep trying lol

• trojan most girls are straight not bi.

• That's why I don't like dating sites ;) I was on a dating site once and I would go on a date with one guy and when that ended then I would go on a date with another guy. However many, as others also have said, go on dates with many others too. I do understand that because they need to try the other ones one and see if they are a match and then decide.

• Yes, he is dating others. I understand why you're put off, receiving that information. However, he is doing nothing wrong, and on top of nothing wrong, he was honest about it, leaving you with the information you needed to decide if this is for you or not. He's probably dating to meet the right woman for him, and you don't do that by dating one lady at a time. As soon as he finds one he likes more than the rest, he'll cut off ties with the others and ask his special lady to be exclusive. Overall I'd have given this guy bonus points for his honesty. It would also make me want to impress him even more, yea, I'm competitive. I would certainly make another date with another man too, so that he can see if that causes him to experience any uneasy feelings or emotions, that may lead him to figuring out he wants to be exclusive because he doesn't want me dating other men. I would have at least given it one more date, to better gauge his interest and give him an opportunity to get to know you better.

• not going to speak for all of them but it does happen. Unfortunately guy i was involved with for over a year felt bad and dumped me because he was talking with other women.