Why is dating so important nowadays?

I have never approached a woman. I have no problem being single for the rest of my life either. I prefer my independence and freedom. I never saw dating or approaching women as important. I don't jump through hoops to impress women, I'll die alone before that happens. Why is dating so important?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not. And with your mindset, women will come to you.

What Girls Said 3

• Sounds like you may be aromantic, or antisocial at the very least. Whatever works for you. :) Most of us much prefer companionship to being alone though.

• Dating is important bc it's the precursor to being committed. If u jump into a relationship without knowing the person u'll most likely wind up miserable. Dating let's u feel the person out and find out if that's a person u want to be with. If u have to jump through hoops and impress after a few dates then ur doing something wrong. It's a partnership. Much like owning a business together rather than employee and employer. U should just be otherwise it becomes like a sickening job. Another reason we date is so that we know if we want to become emotionally invested in that person. Watching young people nowadays that dive head first into a relationship without knowing the person is hilarious. They want their bf/gf to be this awesome person that put up the initial great partner facade in the beginning all of the time and in honesty it's too hard to keep up the fake person routine bc it's too much work. When u eventually meet that special person u'll see what hoops ur willing to jump through from time to time to impress. U just haven't gotten there yet.
    If ur still adamant about not being with anyone then u must've seen a few failed rrelationships in ur time and don't feel it's worth it.

• I've seen my entire family go through rough divorces. I won't go through that.

• I kinda figured that bud. It's tough to see that crap let alone be a part of it. But when u find the one - take it slow - date to feel out that person. No one said u have to put a ring on it, u don't even have to commit or be serious. That is why we date. It'll hurt a lot less to stop dating than to build a life and watch it tumble down around u.

• So you never feel lonely are want that love and affection from the other person? How cAn you not wanna be with someone? How do you know what your missing if you never had it?

• I never feel lonely. Oh and I don't like people that much. That's probably why.

• It's never happened. And if it hasn't happened in 25 years, mostly likely it won't.

• Well I guess if ur happy that way then the best of luck to you. Your really missing out on something that can be a good thing thou

What Guys Said 2

• Companionship. If you want to have a family. It helps if a female is present to produce children.

Someone to share your life with. To grow old together. The older we get the less alone you want to be.

• Exactly. People become to attached for any reasons. They feel the need to validate themselves by saying " Gf this and that" to hide the fact nothing else is going on. if someone did not have an other most of the time they have No Hobbies or talents. They either just watch tv, Play video games, Buy stuff and drink.

But now with a partner all those meaningless things are now "Something". Going out to a theme park alone makes you a "loser". But now it's something because you have a GF. Sitting and watching tv alone on a Friday night makes you a loser, But now it's something because you have a Gf.

And don't get me started on how women who have NOTHING to them without being attached to someone. " My BF plays guitar and races cars and builds trucks" Yet they themselves do NOTHING. So now their partners achievements are theirs because they happen to sit in the room for 5 mins.