Guys: how long are you willing to wait for sex from a girl before you just give up and move on?

How long are you willing to wait before you decide the girls not worth it.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm more than willing to wait for the right time, and I do think it's something that shouldn't be rushed into.

That said, if we were officially together then I'd want it within a few months or so, I guess. I wouldn't want to wait a year (or years), and at this point I don't think I'd be willing to do that.

What Guys Said 19

• Sex isn't a deal breaker for me, I don't really care THAT much about it... I mean I want kids and that's the only reason i'd really NEED sex in a relationship.

• Its not a deal breaker, its how you filter out the guys who like you for you and what you have

• As long as it takes...

• If it hasn't happened by 5 dates I am probably going to bring it up. If I actually like the girl, I am not going to just give up. We will have a conversation about it.

• What if by date 5 or so you try and she just says she's not ready but after she still reaches out and shows interest? Would you just move on still?

• I would ask more questions about her past. What her thoughts are on that matter. Sex isn't everything, but if things aren't moving forward in some manner I need to know why.

• wait or find someone else to have sex with..
    dating is dating, that is if its not an exclusive relationship.
    and if its not exclusive then its not.

• As long as she wants to wait if I am interested in keeping her around.

• Sex is not really a dealbreaker.

• I waited several years, then I married her.

• I'm not out for one thing. So there is no time limit for something like sex if I cared about her.

• Probably about 6 months or so. But it really depends on how much I like her and how much she's into me. Maybe a year at most. And as long as she isn't waiting for marriage, since I don't ever intend to get married.

• I'm could wait but for most guys if they are not that into you they will move in a few weeks or even cheat on you

• Depends heavily on why she wants to wait and how much I like her.

• Break up because of "no sex"? silly!...As long she is there standing beside me.

• When I feel the relationship has advanced to intimacy and she rejects me without explanation " I'm not ready yet" and why. The countdown starts. Its not that sexual intimacy is all there is but the time, effort and dedication involved with sustaining a relationship is not worth it without sexual intimacy.

• Wow...so you must've read my mind. I was dating a guy we went on several dates and on I wanna say the 7th time we hung out he started going for sex and I literally said "I'm not ready". I didn't say anything further than that only bc I didn't want to make the situation more awkward not bc I wasn't attracted to him. We still continued making out and stuff the rest of the night and he seemed fine but I never heard from him again after that. Do you think he just lost interest or it's that reason where it wasn't worth it to him at that point?

• Hmm no it was definitely still to third base. And the next day he texted saying it was nice seeing me and I was very flirty back then he disappeared :/ would it be weird if I texted him?

• Good riddance, then. I would have stayed and waited. And if third base is warm, loving and intimate, maybe even until wedding day. Let him make the next move. Don't want to seem desperate even if you sort of feel that way. You were well invested in the relationship. He just wanted to score.

• 90 days. .

• 10 minutes.

• It seriously depends.

I obviously want to have sex with the person I'm going out with, otherwise I'd be more inclined towards a friendship/breaking it up

• If she doesn't put out on the first date she's clearly a slut and I won't waste any more time on her.

• I've waited longer than I should with some girls , I should of just moved on and forget about them as an option for sex with cause they obvivously weren't into idea

What Girls Said 2

• It really does depend on the guy so don't get your hopes up if these guys on GAG aren't willing to wait because it's not like you're pursing them personally.
    Generally, most guys of this era are not willing to wait and they practically claim that sex is to them what water is to plants. That is absolute, pure bullsh*t because there are tons of men who go into the military and must be highly disciplined in order to get the results they want, many men who work out to get buff and that takes a ton of self-restraint to achieve something...so it's not like men are incapable of achieving self-discipline. Most of them just want sex and are too genital-obsessed to practice life without it. I was in a relationship with a guy for a year with no sex.

• I dated a guy steadily for about 6 maybe 7 months. He would make small comments about how he liked to test the waters before we were "official". He would tell one of my guy friends how I was amazing and how much he likes me...blah blah blah. But he didn't like that I wouldn't put out. He ended things with me over it. But I know I girl and a guy who have been together for about 4 years now and they still haven't. She is waiting for marriage and he respects that. If a guy knows for a fact that you are not a virgin, I feel like they expect you to put out.