Is it okey for the girl to make the first move?

I've never done any first moves towards a guy purposely to approach him before , but there us this guy I have a crush, we don't know each other, we have no mutual friends, we do not share classes etc..
I'm somewhat being pushed to do something so that he knows I exist..
I was thinking about asking him out. What do you guys think.
I really have a BIG ego, so it's kind of new to me. Should I?

Ps. I know for a fact he is single by the way.

Most Helpful Guy

• If he doesn't know you exist he certainly isn't going to be making any moves on his own. Walking up to a stranger and asking him out might not work and could make you look easy or desperate. You can't always get someplace in one step. So start slow, say hi to him one day. If a conversation develops, great. If not, keep saying hi for awhile until some level of comfort is built. Then start trying to get a conversation going. Try to be flirty. Your chance of getting a good response is going to be better if he feels like he knows you somewhat.

What Guys Said 7

• I would get to know this guy first then make your move. If he don't know you exsist chances are he ain't going to make s move.

• If you feel like it, do it! Not doing it has a big potential to make you realise what you missed, when it's too late :-)
    So forget about your ego and work on your happyness!

• my ego is not my amigo lol

• But the guy will become your amigo you'll see :-)

• Oh I really hope so, I really am crushing hard on him.
      I'll try and we'll see :)

• Give your ego a break and make the first move. I am sure its the best solution in this situation, don't worry about the result just do it. I always wish for some girl to make a move but none really does :(

• I wish more girls did it. We guy are nevous as hell anyway 75% of the time a guy say yes.

• Yes. Its okay for a girl to make a move. There are no rules. Just go for it.

• to be honest, id would like a girl to make the first moves just because i would consider it cute, awww :P

• Yes it is okay for the girl to make the first move. Only a guy with serious issues about a woman's place would have a problem with it, and that isn't the kind of guy you want to be with anyway.

What Girls Said 2

• I think it is totally ok and I even encourage you to make a move. I can't count the number of times I have had guys say 'oh I didn't really think you would be interested in me so I was scared to make a move'...

• Do it you ! Why not! You can only gain from it right?