Do you think it is tacky to bring coupons to a date?

So if I wanted to go on a date with a girl I knew to this restaurant with a 20% off coupon is that classless?

• Tacky
  • Cheap
  • Fine
  • Frugal
  • Not Tacky

Most Helpful Guy

• Considering I pay for my dates in full if I happen to have a coupon on me at the place I'm eating heck ya I'm going to save a fw bucks.

What Girls Said 14

• I personally don't care because I don't think its wrong to want to save money. I certainly wouldn't want to date someone too frivolous. Really no extreme is good so if its now and then, or like other options said, you mentioned, "I have a coupon, lets try this place out..." (or something along those lines) I think that's perfectly fine.
    If you were coupon crazy and used it for every single thing in your life... I don't know if I'd be okay with that haha. You gotta live.

• well i do it. depends on your approach.
    "lets eat here" *uses coupon* thats a cheap move. but even then, its fine.
    my version is, " i found this coupon and i thought we could try something new together." MHMMM

• Thrifty, I like a man who loves a bargain.

I would tell my date prior to the occasion though, would also be a good excuse to ask someone out "Hey I have some coupons for __, wanna go check it out next week?"

Coupon power.

• I personally wouldn't care. What's so bad about wanting to save some money? I care more about how the date went. I don't care about how the dinner gets paid, as long as it gets paid (by either/both of us).

• Cheap...and tacky...
    I'd be okay with going dutch or the 'who asked that person pays', but coupons - baaaaaaad choice. o.O

• I love the "who asked that person pays" 'cause you're probably one of the only girls who has the courage to ask a guy out.

• Yep, I've asked a few guys out in my day... xD

• I would think it is tacky in my head (for a first date) and this is if I didn't really know him. It just leaves something to think about lol like why they did it. haha But, it wouldn't be a deal breaker! I would just wonder lol And it isn't a turn off either! Just not something I would do lol

If we knew each other or already bf and gf, then not an issue at all.

• if it was a first date, i would find that to be a turn-off. If he's my boyfriend, i couldn't care less. I'd do it too.

• I think that's awesome that they brought a coupon :D I don't see it as being cheap, he is smart with his money. It could be the first date and I would still be for it. I would probably start bring my coupons from home as well.

What would be cheap is taking me out for fast food and I can only order of the dollar menu.

• I am so cheap so I would appreciate this. Plus it makes me feel better that you are not spending as much. I feel bad when people spend money on me.

• It depends. If it's with my boyfriend, I wouldn't really care.
    But if it's during the "we're still getting to know each other" stage, that's just ridiculous.

• Take me on a date. I couldn't care any less If you bring a coupon.

• I think its fine.

• its fine as long as there's food ;D

• I would give them a high-five for money saving skills.

What Guys Said 9

• When I date someone, I am looking for a wife. A woman is marriage material to the degree that her behaviors are the opposite of the behaviors that lead to divorce. Being irresponsible with money is one of the leading causes of divorce, so I look for the opposite.

If we plan on eating or doing something and we have coupons for it, then those coupons should be used. It is financial foolishness to do otherwise. If a woman looks down on me for using a coupon on our first date, then that could be our last date. I have little interest in a woman who delights in creating unnecessary burdens.

• I don't think it's classless; however, I think if it's a girl who doesn't know you well it could appear cheap. She could think you are smart, I mean who doesn't like a good cheaper meal?

I think the decision is best made based on the type of girl you are going out with. If it's a girl you've been on a few dates with I 100% think you can take the coupon.

• Yes. Nothing says "I'm happy to treat you... as long as it's 20% off" like a coupon.

• TO me it's a factor of how long you've been dating. If it's a first date, it may be a little awkward - but if you're at the point of sharing bodily fluids...I think a coupon is ok.

• Nope. If she thinks that's classless, well, not my kind of girl.

I asked my crush out for a lunch date, saying that I got a coupon for a fast food outlet. Can't beat that. :) Actually she was quite happy to accept the invitation and honestly quite impressed I managed to snag coupons easily. (I scout for friends who didn't want them.)

• I don't think tacky is the word I'd use. Just really cheap/lame

• Was going to say same thing bunnahies did. You can pull it off if you mention it up front.

• I don't like coupons but that's pretty alpha. Zero fucks given. Plus most girls are way more cheap and guys.

• hahahhahh!!! i thought u hated people and gave up on women!