Dating a person with mental health issues?

I want to know what people think about dating someone who has problems with mental healt, like is it a bother and would you rather be with someone who wasn't "insane"?
I personally have different kind of problems, like some kind of eating problems, depression which makes me be very suicidal and i do think about killing others, i get very aggressive too easily but i can control it still and i might be pretty scary sometimes because im not living in reality all the time, but im not a bad person and i don't want to hurt anyone (even though something inside me wants to) so i would like to know what people thinn about being with someone who has some serious problems...

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, yes I would, but I wouldn't want to date someone who thinks about killing themselves and especially someone who thinks about killing others.

It's not necessarily because I think that person is bad, and it's not necessarily because I think they are a danger (though thinking about killing others can be, sometimes). It's because I don't have the emotional wherewithal to watch someone I love and care about go through hell. I would want this person to seek help and find answers.

Do you think you should seek emotional help, PsychoMyra? have you done so?

• I have tried to get help but it looks like i can't get it since people barely believe that im not ok because i act mostly like a "normal" person so...

• Perhaps you should look into other therapists.

• I know i probably should but they can't really help me and im having my own reasons for that im not trying to get help anymore

What Guys Said 6

• I would have an issue with dating someone that was "insane". Classifying someone with a mental disorder so generally is going to generate sociological problems. Note that everyone has mental health, disorderly or not.

I suffer from a severe case of OCD in which I took it into myself to further research into finding a "cure". Although my disorder is severe, and sociologically odd, I'm not "insane". Most of the most brilliant minds on the planet suffered from the same "disorder". I'm engaged to someone that is psychologically "normal" and we plan on getting married this year or the next.

The mix between sociology and human behavior makes things rough on everyone with a brain. In some societies you'd be considered favored, others, like ours, most people frown upon. But in any case, you are datable and merely should go seek help to improve your mental health.

Best of luck!

• Had a gf shoot herself when we broke up. Bipolar and went off her meds. Relationships are really hard when one or both are off center to begin with.

• ur the type, type of wife, lemme be the one, to change ur life, i will! Oh i will! i'll pin u down and kiss u on the lips to lift away all ur fears and anger =)

• Maybe i'll have someone else to do that :p

• ask him to do the same thing that i would do to u and everything will be fine =}

• Im sure he will do it without asking haha

• I am insane and I prefer sane, yes. I think 2 insanes is too much lol.

• sometimes I think like that.:/

• A Mental Illness is born because of ones surroundings. Your not born being depressed, anti-social and so on.

So judging someone because they have a shit life is not fair. being a Huge bitch is just a destructive to ones IQ as being Depressed. But Being a Bitch is more accepted why?

When women have children they go through a time of depression/anger. yet as of recent science non of those hormonal changes are linked to their mood. So that means women literally hate their new born child for being born. And the stress shown is actually issues women have and had before a child is born. So being Bipolar, depressed and so on are illnesses many many women carry. They only show under the right situations.

What Girls Said 2

• My boyfriend has all of this but he says being with me helps him feel more calm and be compassionate. We've been together for a year.

• It's great to hear that it's going well :) maybe it really isn't that big deal...

• Omg! I'm the same type of insane as you described

• Well i know im not the only one, having a friend who is also pretty much like me