Is dating a younger guy a bad idea?

I went away on vacation and I happened to meet these great people who live close -- I got on really well with this guy who is about 18 (I just turned 21). Most of my friends would definitely make fun of me if I were to actually go for it... thing is... I really care about him, and he made me have a lot of fun, something that I unfortunately haven't had in a while. Do you think people need certain people at certain points in their lives? Do you think a third year, going on fourth year, should actually consider someone who is about to graduate high school?

Most Helpful Guy

• As long as you both have good common sense and connect to each other mentally and emotionally, the year difference you mentioned means nothing. Age is essentially the body's age. Besides you're talking about dating which means going out and having fun together and getting to know each other better. If during this time you find out he doesn't feel right for you then you just stop dating. Nothing bad about any of that. Yes, I do believe that people "often" but not always need certain people at certain points in their lives because of some type of developing that's going on within them as we continue to grow up and get older. If while you were on vacation you met this guy and he made you have a lot of fun, and it was something that you unfortunately hadn't had in a while, he most certainly filled a vacuum in your life that you needed to fill to make you feel whole again. Just go ahead and date him if your feelings for dating are mutual and it's not all about sex. Enjoy yourselves and see where it leads you too. It could turn out much better than you expected, and it also could not amount to much because it wilted too fast But don't worry about what other people think because this is "your" life, not theirs. This may be exactly what you need right now at this point in your life. Enjoy the moment because you'll never pass down this road ever again. As time passes, we regret what we didn't do much more than what we did do. Good luck to you.

What Guys Said 2

• 3 years difference! How radical. In 10 years he would be 28 and you would be 30ish. There are guys twice his age that act like 12 year olds. It depends on the person.

I've dated a young lady 1/2 my age. That was a little too much difference. Your difference is nothing.

• 3 years is nothing but keep in mind at 18 he'll still be rather immature (most guys).

What Girls Said 4

• To me it all depends on how well you get alone. If you are having fun, I say why not; just understand that if you are a drinker, this is something he will not be able to do. There are certain things that a 21 year can do and a 18 year can't do, but if that doesn't concern you. Go for it.

• I wouldn't do it because he's 18 and still a crazy horny teenager that's going to want to hook up with other girls.

• Just because I'm 21 doesn't mean I'm not crazy horny either (hehehehe)

• age doesn't matter in my opinion.

• No, if you guys are only three years apart then that's not a big deal. You shouldn't care about what your friends think. If you like the guy then go for it and date him. I definetely think that people need certain people at certain points in their lives, and that everything happens for a reason.