What do you think about men wear flip-flops on first date?

He is German men. We meetup 2 times. He weared t-shirt, capri pants, flip-flops.
I felt a bit he is not seriously about meet me.
Hope I'm wrong, is it normal?
I don't mean wear chic. I just think should wear polite on the first meet.

And he rarely chat with me on Skype. So I don't know much about him, and I don't feel like him more than before we meetup.

Most Helpful Guy

• Europeans are very relaxed sometimes. I agree that flip flops are too casual for a date unless you're going to the beach. Tell him to show respect by dressing properly. A German will understand that.

• Thank you very much :)
      but he rarely chat with me on Skype, so we don't know about each other much, aslo don't have have much affection. It's a little a bit hard to tell him to show respect by dressing properly.
      I think he respect me when he talk to me when we meet, and we also not have hold hands or kiss.
      I don't want to make him feel uncomfortable. If it's just his style, relaxed. It's ok. Although a bit disappointing :(
      Well I think should forget it :)

• Don't worry. As you get to know him better you will find out if he dresses that way all the time and you'll find out if you like each other. Have fun!

What Guys Said 9

• If it's not like a fancy restaurant then what's the problem? He's wearing what he would normally wear.

My advice: stop brooding, get over it; they're just flip flops.

• Update: Is it warm where you live? Were you just seeing a movie or doing something chilled? Why is everyone flipping their shit, it's just shoes. :P

I don't think it would be a reason -at all- to not see him again, but do what you gotta do.

• yes, 26°C is here

• That is very true, good point. Probably much much more acceptable at my age. :P

Still though, isn't a reason to not see him, lol. Just make sure he knows dress codes of places but otherwise, who gives a shit?

• Why in gods name would you wear flip flops to a first date lol.

• I think it's fine.

• A bit too relaxed

• It's ok I guess

• I always think its funny looking too see guys wearing flip flops

• Flip flop - man - first date... seriously do not belong in the same paragraph !

• Not too classy

• Well, were you wearing high heels and dressed in some fancy dress?

• I weared pants, and 3cm of shoes is not high heels?

• so your opinion, do you think should meet him again or not?

• If you both are interested. Yea

What Girls Said 6

• I think people should wear flip-flops ONLY when going to the beach...(if they intend to swim so they can put them on or take them off quickly)...

• hmm i've never seen that. that's so casual. maybe it's just his style.

• About the same as one that would pick me up in a Prius. LAME!

• You aren't important person for him. It means he will always ignoring you. never but never meem him again if i were you i had slapping him face

• Maybe you are right.
      Even we don't meetup often, but he still rarely chat with me on Skype. So I don't know much about him, and I don't feel like him more before we met. Go out with him is so boring, he was not prepared where we will go, so we went around the streets for an hour :(

• I don't feel like him more than before we meetup

• He's not taking you seriously. If I were you, I wouldn't meet him again.

• He sounds like a metrosexual or just don't give a shit about his appearance for a date.