Did I overreact by dumping her?

We were together for 6 months but over the last few weeks she's been trying to get me to do some stupid things like getting a pedicure and waxing my legs because they're so hairy. I almost threw up when she first told me I should wax my legs...what kind of guy waxes their legs? A gay guy that's who. And you can probably guess what I said about the pedicure idea. I wasn't mad at first but she kept pestering me and saying that if I loved her I would at least try it once. Fuck that, I love my manhood more.

I'm her boyfriend not one of her girlfriends and I think she forgot that. So after about 2-3 weeks of this I told her to drop it or I would leave her. She didn't believe me I guess so I left her. Now she wants to get back together but I'm still a little pissed.

Most Helpful Guy

• She learned her lesson. Get back with her :)

• True true she said she wouldn't bring it up again

• how do you know she learned her lesson? she might back off on the pedicures and waxing but how do we know she won't try to make him to other things he doesn't want todo?

• She might but he can just dump her again :)

What Girls Said 7

• DONT GET BACK TOGETHER - find somebody who can accept you the way that you want. Anyway even if she stayed with you - would you want somebody who is only nice to you because they know they can't get away with trying to control you?

• I think you over reacted. I have no idea what you're feet or legs looked like, but I'm pretty sure she maybe had a problem with their appearance, and thats why she was requesting an...improvememt. "Manhood" has NOTHING to do with being well groomed. Waxing your legs is not something you should have to do, but there is nothing wrong with getting a pedicure. There are two sides to every story. So, I'm not siding with either one of you because the FULL Story isn't written here. But, this does make me sad to know that people breakup for the dumbest shit. Its that "easily replaceable" mentality. Ewwwww...

• My legs are not even that hairy. They're just like any average guys legs. But she just hates hair and waxes everything on her body. Which I really like but I'm not a girl

• As I said, you shouldn't have to wax. BUT...there is nothing wrong with a pedicure. Since I dont know everything about it, I'm leaving it at that. I think its still a stupid reason to breakup. Immature on both parts.

• Woah woah woah. Wait a minute, why do you have to be gay to wax your legs? Have you heard of the metrosexual men? You should look it up some time.

I do agree that she shouldn't insist, but the "She has to accept you for who you are" doesn't need to apply here. If, for example, her hair smelled, wouldn't you tell her to wash it? I think she simply suggested you needed more body care.
    So, answering your question, yes, I think you overreacted.

• Noone should ever be with anyone who tries to change them...

• Lmfao damn dude you definitely over reacted. And the fact that you broke up with her after 6 months because of something so stupid like this really shows how much you seem to not care. I wouldn't want to get back with you xD but... I think you should definitely get back with her because you're being unreasonable although for we to e constantly annoying you after you said no, is wrong and you should tell her she seriously needs to stop.

• I am a woman and I think it's disgustingly weird she asked you to do so. Is she normal otherwise?

• you feel like you arnt being respected in your relationship thats why you dumped her i get it..

if you wan to get back ith her then u should but tell her she needs to respect you or y'all are done for good

What Guys Said 2

• I know plenty of guys that get pedicures. Its good for your feet. Its also part of being well groomed. The hair waxing thing? Thats a bit much, and there are men who wax who are totally straight. Not just wrestlers and swimmers either.
    You did go a bit over the top there. But you should have said you aren't comfortable with it, or you aren't going to do it. But yeah over reacted a bit.

• Agreed. Get back and if she ever push you to change again, dump her back ha