Have you ever dated someone who acted like this?

I am in my mid 20s and my gf is 31, we have been friends for a couple years now but have been dating almost 5 months. (I am a female, I don't know how to change this on here, sorry)... She is wonderful and amazing, and she really loves me. I work full time, at least 40 hours a week, however i am on medical leave right now due to knee surgery. She is disabled and gets a check monthly.

Sometimes she has trouble driving and has nerve pain and seizures, which i fully know and understand completely. But the past couple weeks she will say she's coming over, and i wait 3 or 4 or 5 hours and she never shows. When she DOES finally text me she says she can't make it bc she's sick or in pain (She lives with her dad). This happened 3 days in a row last week...I ended up getting a kidney stone and went to the hospital, and the 2 days after that she said she was coming and never showed.

I think its just common courtesy, and when i told her i felt like my time, my health and my feelings really didn't matter she cried. It kinda hurts my feelings too...like, if somebody says they can't come bc they are sick or hurt or something i COMPLETELY understand. But if someone says theyre going to do something then they shouldn't just stand the other person up. Because I've waited hours for her to show up a few times and never did.

The past 3 days she has barely talked to me, despite me calling and checking on her, asking how she is, etc...she's in a bad mood and depressed she says. It hurts to feel shut out and pushed away like that though.

Am I wrong for being a little upset about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• You are not wrong for being upset, you want her to be there for you and she isn't, whether she wants to be or not doesn't change that fact. Question is can you deal with this in an ongoing way because I think this is her she has issues and she probably won't change

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe there is something wrong that she doesn't want to tell you like maybe she is ill? Because of the seizures maybe?

• wait are you lesbian cuz it says your a girl, or was there a typo or you're actually a boy?

• Have you tried talking to her about this? explaining that you don't mind if she cancels, you would just like to get a phone call so you don't sit around all day?
    Is it possible that her depression or condition would prevent her from reaching out to you? I know sometimes with depression people end up in bed all day and don't even check their phone because they don't even realize the time.
    How close are you with her family? You might want to try talking to her dad to figure out what is going on.

• Sorry but she sounds like a complete whacko. Find someone more normal. Way less complicated