Girls, do you give your number to guys you're not interested in?

Met this gorgeous girl a couple times. She seemed flirty both times and asked for my name the second time. Later that day she sends me a friend request we talk a little bit and I end up getting her number. But over messages she doesn't seem too interested. Doesn't really ask a lot of questions and no emoticons or anything. I haven't texted her since I got her number, because I'm not even sure if she's really interested or not. Am I looking too much into it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes I do, like if that person seems nice or hot or if there could be chemistry there. But for the love of God, and I'm saying this to anyone, don't try to interpret people over texts! They didn't put nearly as much thought into it as you are. Think about it. Have you ever spent as much time writing a text as you have wondering what one meant?

Sometimes I write many smileys, sometimes none at all. It doesn't mean anything, it's just different on who I'm texting with. Instead judge how she is in person if you get the chance.

• That makes sense. As I said before, both times I've met her she seemed really flirty and/or nicer than she had to be. Not to mention she's the one that added me

• I agree. Ask her to hang out and see if there is chemistry. There could be a million reasons why someone comes off a certain way over text, and few have anything to do with their interest in the person they're talking to.

What Girls Said 9

• It depends on the context. In school when guys ask me for my number I'd give it to them. In other cases if I give my number to this random guy and if I don't see any interest in him or that he is not my type then I don't bother with keeping the conversation. I only ask questions and send emoticons to guys that I believe have a lot in common with me and have actual social skills. Some guys are speak to are douches or they have no communication skills to keep a girl interested so I just ignore them.

• Wow why would you give the number then?

• I don't give my number out to everyone. What I meant is that if I do, then it takes proper conversation to keep the interest there. If all they talk about is sending me dirty pictures or if I don't find any connection between us then I would slowly phase out the conversation or ignore him.

• Give her your number, say "if you fancy going out sometime" (or something along those lines) and then leave it up to her, she's giving out mixed signals, impossible to read. She may playing it cool or maybe she's just a serial flirter, who knows. You can then see if she makes any effort with you, after giving your number, avoid contact, wait for her to initiate conversation. Good luck.

• No. I never do. I try to get out of it somehow, by passing him off to one of my friends - it works like a charm (because men in clubs don't look for specific girls, but rather look for any girl)...
    And I've never been approached if the guy wasn't drunk...so...

• Depends. If I like talking to the guy and I think he will be a good friend, I will give him my number because I don't always look at a guy and think of him as having only boyfriend potential. For me friendship is more important so yes I might give my number.

But your case is a little different because you thought she flirted. Maybe you said something to her unknowingly which ticked her off. Or maybe she liked you then and later changed her mind (not necessarily your fault). Or she could just be very busy or upset about something personal, not related to you. You never know.

You could just send her a nice text asking if everything was alright.

• No if I'm not interested in some type of way (like even just to be friends), then there's no point. She isn't interested if she's been doing that, and hasn't texted back in a while or tried to make contact.

• I don't give out my number to just anyone but that's just me. Some girls do.. Just don't reach out to her anymore and wait to see if she contacts you.

• Nope I don't. It leads people on and that's just mean.

I either decline and say I don't text message, or if we met at a bar or something and they won't take no for an answer, I give them a fake one.

• I have the sane thing

• Yes, I have. Mainly because I don't want to hurt his feelings and also wonder if something may one day spark some interest.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm sure some do, to boost there sex appeal and/or ego. This bitch took my number once, I contacted her and she never responded.

It's just like on Facebook, they add you just for fun... just to bolster their friend list.

• So u ladies can still give out your number to a guy even if your not interested? Or you r at least a little interested?