Are there any women above 18 who don't feel like dating anyone?

Just wondering if there are any women who actually choose not to date, and what kind of girls they might be e.g. I know of some Islamic girls who don't date because of fear of their parents' culture (but deep down, I think they do want to date)

Should a guy assume that every girl is interested in dating, but if she says "i'm not looking at dating anyone now/ I'm unsure of what I want", it means that she is rejecting him?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sure there are lots of girls who are above 18 who'd prefer not to date for personal reasons, and not because of cultural/religious reasons. I know that a lot of girls who study hard probably want to focus more on studying and getting good grades, rather than dating and being in a relationship. But it depends on the girl.
    "Should a guy assume that every girl is interested in dating, but if she says "i'm not looking at dating anyone now/ I'm unsure of what I want", it means that she is rejecting him?"
    No, it's never good to assume anything about anyone. Yes, obviously it's a rejection, but just because it's a rejection it doesn't mean she's not being honest with you.

• If she was honest she'd say "I don't want to date you" and that's it.

• You know, it's not impossible to be unsure of what you want. And if she prioritizes school over dating, obviously she'll tell you that she's not looking to date someone, even if she (hypothetically) could be interested in you if she wasn't so busy.

What Girls Said 5

• I have a very strong cultural background from India, where my family are totally against anything to do with non-indians and i would not want any trouble from family. But then if i do meet anyone of my type (wherever they are from) i would still date.

But going back to 'dont feel like dating', I dont think its true cos in my case i work many hours part-time and study full time, but would still like to have a my own guy to go up to after a busy day and spend time with with.

Im sure there are many girls out there who are like this yeah?

• I never feel like being in a relationship unless I meet someone who makes me really want to be in a relationship with them. lol

• I did it, I got burned, I did the burning...xD And now I think it's best to get to know the person by being friends for a while before start thinking about being with them. You get to know them without them expecting anything.:D

• I am Islamic, and I choose not to date because It's too tiring. I have had relationships and in the end I got bored with them. I think I am that typical kind of person who enjoys the chase but when I have it I am not intrested anymore.

• I think dating is a joke, especially these days. It sickens me, so I choose not to do it.

When a guy lets me know he is interested in dating I just pretend he never said it and avoid it. I won't tell him "i'm not looking at dating anyone right now". Yes its still rejection, but not rejection based on you being unappealing or whatever.

However, most single girls are on the prowl and are always interested in dating if the right guy came along, so just take that to usually mean "i'm not looking at dating YOU"

What Guys Said 2

• You're being rejected either way. The reason doesn't matter.

• Depends on many factors. Usually the idiots they have dated in the past puts them off !

• Exactly! After I've been through a few train wrecks I need time to recover before getting back on the track. Time really is everything

• The problem is, girls in their late teens/ 20's control dating. They pick and reject. They often like to be "swept away in the moment", and don't think for a second if that guy's an idiot or will hurt them, but just pray that things go well. Based on those few dickheads, they are psychologically wary of all guys they meet in the future, unless of course, that guy is again the type who sweeps her off in the moment (largely because of her attraction to him), and the cycle repeats.

• Yep. You are right. There is a girl I swept off her feet and believe me, she knocked me for 6. But as soon as she started to lose control.. she was off. The hard part is knowing she was safe with you, but we know ourselves better than she does