How long to "date" someone before becoming "official"? What to look for before making it "official"?

Going after this girl for 4-5 months now, she was dating another guy, but apparently stopped talking to him for me. Only about 2 weeks of dating, a lot of hanging out, a few "great" nights lets call it, and she calls me "love" now. Don't like the idea of either of us "dating" more than each other. Even though we both could. When should I ask her to be mine only, what signs should I look for?

Most Helpful Girl

• Eh, it's different for different people.

I just told my (now) boyfriend after a few months of dating, "I'm not seeing anyone else, just seeing if we're on the same page" to which he said, "We're on the same page". After that it was clear we were exclusive and beyond that I don't really care to overthink things lol.

In short, just tell her your aren't seeing anyone else and don't intend to, and ask if she feels the same.

What Girls Said 2

• I think 3-4 weeks.

• I think probably after 2 months...

What Guys Said 1

• Within a month or two it should be official even sooner... that may be too long.