Why are most guys looking for fun and nothing more?

They either lie or say they want fun nothing more. So just sex without anything more. Do they get a kick or buzz from it.

What fun is it with a girl you don't know or feel anything for? Must be something they enjoy I don't get it.

Sleeping with girls and then what lol? Most guys I meet want fun but say leading to more. Usually means just sex and then they might want more. If a guys 27 does he have commitment issues?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is something that you run into, in the real world and on dating sites. I've met plenty of women who are just looking for a good time. A roll in the hay, maybe a few of them, but they aren't looking for commitment. I dont do casual sex, and casual dating is ok. But its more like hanging out with friends, so I dont consider it really dating. Though I prefer to having meaningful relationships with people, not just something to waste time.
    You have to be a bit cautious when dealing with people. I generally like to give people enough rope to hang themselves with or draw water from a well. Depends on what they want to do with the rope. If people lie those lies come out soon enough. Just be patient. This is not a phenomenon that is only found in men so I can understand your frustration, however a bit of patience and you will see what you need to.
    If someone comes off all super intense and super into you, make sure that you keep things at a pace you are comfortable with. The last couple of people I've gone out with were trying to take the express lane to the bed room. I wouldn't go, they didn't take it well.

I have to wonder exactly why so many people think sex is a leisure time activity when it isn't. Watching tv, movies, playing cards, or reading, those are leisure time activities, sex is not, though thats my thought on it. Just keep what you want in mind when you deal with these guys, and keep the pace you want. Make sure you communicate with them, and make sure you pay attention what is said and what they are doing. If someone is playing a game, or lying, time will show you that.

• Great answer I agree a lot. People all different I guess. It boggles my mind why they enjoy quick roll in the hay but not anything more. It wreaks immaturity and fear of committing. Yeah I let people hang themselves then move on :D

• I think Im pretty good looking and all that so I took that into consideration. But I had hoped she was being genuine. Sadly Not so much. There seems to be a lack of genuine people now a days. Though on line dating tends to bring out a lot more weirdos, though I dont think the internet brings them out as much as gives them a place to hang out. There is a theory that the internet makes it easier for people to pretend to be something they aren't. The whole online persona versus real life persona. Its worth looking into.
      I do hope you find what you are looking for. We all deserve to be happy.

• Yeah genuine people are rare to find

What Guys Said 8

• Many guys marry for companionship. Plus it's nice to talk to a woman, the problem I find is that outside of looks, many girls are empty shells. Guys can be the same way. Outside of the bedroom, there's nothing. I've hooked up with girls who's lives are nothing more than sleeping, working, and going to bars. It's so boring!

Plus people are so hung up on a good looking individual or how much he makes and such and forget all the other aspects of friendships and relationships. So they'll convince themselves of how great they are together and forget the fact that there's no chemistry at all.

• I agree with theguyoverthere. You meet someone and at first its amazing then after a few weeks it gets worse and worse until you decide she is just an average, empty shell. No real interests or passions, not very intelligent, all she is interested in is booze, sex, YOUR money, talking to her gf's about every little thing a guy does, and any other guy that comes along which she views as the bigger, better deal. Then when she finds out he is a prick (which you knew from about 20 seconds after meeting him) she likes you again until the next prick comes along. I've never had commitment issues, in fact that's what I want but I can't find anyone that qualifies for me. I don't even ask much, Im easy going, forgiving, nonjudgmental. I do have a few things that are musts but not many and they are not even out of the ordinary. I just don't get it, Im totally lost. I guess I will keep trying, nothing else I can do. I know how you feel.

• Yeah I agree. One day we will find someone lol :)

• Ya I hope you are right. Sometimes I just want to quit everything, gather up my dogs and a few other things and become a mountain man lol.

• Guys mostly mature later than women, they also tend to bond w/ friends and it takes a long time- and courageous individual to accomplish what Carl Jung termed individuation. In short, they want sex- sometimes it seems just so they can confirm to their buddies that they aren't queer, but then run back to buds where they can watch sports on big screen TV, drink beer, fart and belch and consider those the funniest things in world.

That said, there are too few women who think that the market is, sex for relationship. There is sex for sex and there is only something wrong with that if the partner you're with is not satisfying you- or worse, has never considered satisfying you. Everyone loves the feel of sex; that's why every boy/girl/man/woman masturbates. They don't expect their hand to behave as if their is any deeper commitment than their foot or nose.

AYou may find the right man for relationship but he's not Mr. Right unless you come as often as he does,

• Well men shouldn't lie, its not cool to string a girl along.

"What fun is it with a girl you don't know or feel anything for? "

Sex feels incredible and unless the need is met regularly guys will often be constantly horny, thats why they do it. And yes it can be fun with a random girl. An orgasm and the relief is still there.

• The phrase why buy the cow when you can have the milk for free comes to mind. Why would a guy commit to a girl if he can get action and all that he wants yet doesn't have to commit so he can do it with other girls as well?

• I agree haha. Yeah line from the saturdays song he already had the milk so why would go buy the cow. 'Gentleman' song haha

• What you could consider to find the right guy, is to try in a cautious way via a dating site.
    Not the type of site where you meet people for a one night stand otherwise it'll be the same story you're describing.
    Try to find a site where the more serious people try to learn to know someone. And be careful. I'm also trying to and my experience is that it's best to chat initially - for some weeks - and really ask HUNDREDS of questions. If someone always answers immediately and openly you're pretty certain it's a good guy!

• Shannon sweetheart... some men are, usually the younger ones. We aren't all like that, some grow out of it xx

• Hey thanks. Just sucks met a 27 year old and he wants fun and maybe more but I think more fun

• Lol.. it is.. like a different country

• Because we want many ice cream flavors instead of only one.

While we're young, at least.

At 27, he's likely past that phase.

• He's not though that's my point lol. He wants fun and maybe more but I doubt more

• Getting *no* sex. Banging his brains out until he's ready to commit is backwards.

• Lol hmm ok

What Girls Said 1

• It's because they are not men, they are horny little boys who put their d*ck first. Their mother didn't raise them right.