Should I tell the girl I'm dating I've never had a girlfriend?

Last night, I went on my third date with a girl I've come to really like. The thing is, I've never had a girlfriend, nor do I understand the in's and outs of dating. Specifically, I'd like for her to be my girlfriend but I'm not sure how to go from "dating" to "being in a relationship". I've thought about telling her that I've never had a girlfriend because it would make the process of dating easier, I think, for both of us. Does this sound like a good idea? Or should I just take things slowly and let the pieces fall as they may?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're thinking way too far in advance. It's only been the third date, who knows if it's even going to work out with this girl. Don't think about the future, just focus on today. There's no need to tell her too much until you know if it's serious or not

What Girls Said 4

• One of the big things that you need to understand if you want to be in a relationship you have to be out front with things that are bothering you. If you feel that you should tell her and thing that it will help your guys relationship grow, tell her. If you are not to sure then see how things play out. All in all, do what you feel will be right for you both.

• While I agree with Pikagirl212 in that I think communication is incredibly important, I think is so when you're clearly committed to one another. You're in the early stages of dating and you don't want to come on too strong. There is nothing wrong with not having been in a relationship, but if you bring it up now she may think you're insecure or clingy.

For now, keep it relaxed and enjoy her company. Once you spend more time with her, let her know you haven't been in a relationship before so this is new to you.

• I would tell her if the conversation went towards that way but I wouldn't make a big issue out of it because she might take it the wrong way. If you came out with it casually then she probably won't think of it as a big deal. Remember, we were all in the same boat before!

• Tell her if it comes up but don't make a huge deal out of it.

What Guys Said 1

• There is no reason to just bring it up. What's the point of revealing that out of nowhere? But if she asks you because she's curious about your background then tell her because it's bad to lie. Plus, there is nothing embarrassing or bad about never having a girlfriend before. She might even be happy that you chose her to be your first one.