Do less intelligent people get more dates than smart people?

I've noticed this EVERYWHERE around me. People who barely got through high-school are more popular than the academics that go to college.

Though, not every person that goes to college is smarter than the person who just finished high-school, but it's usually like that.

(I'm not talking about the American system where you have to be rich to go to college (but even there, if you work hard you can get a scholarship))

Most Helpful Guy

• Overall, people who are less cerebral and "brainy" tend to be more loose and "go with the flow", which makes life easier overall for dating for them.

Also more cerebral and "brainy" people also have higher intellectual and personality standards, as in (on average) they need someone to mentally stimulate them more than a person that is less cerebral and brainy, in order to not feel bored in the relationship.

The 2nd paragraph describes me so accuratly it's scary! :-P

What Guys Said 9

• Not everyone who goes to college is a nerd while not everyone who doesn't finish high school a smart ass :)

But yes those who are into academics probably miss out on the finer things in life since they are pursuing academics too much to note other finer things in life while those who aren't really pursuing academics too much are busy understanding what's important to them so there :)

I've been to college alright, even done my masters twice and management but I've never been too academic i.e. I write in examinations what's necessary for me to pass even if I can write the whole test lol and I live a lifestyle that makes the teachers call me a 'duffer' lol and much to their irritation they'd never catch me w/o knowing an answer ;) - SO there are exceptions too :)

There's no thumb rule on this and an exception is always in existence to any rule :)

• Usually if you're more intelligent, you want someone who you can connect with on a mental level. It's tough to bridge an intellectual gap. People that aren't as intelligent are also more likely to take others at their words rather than actions. It helps you to look past wrongs that have been done to you instead of taking people for their word.

They go on more dates, but that just means more failed relationships. Finding the right person is all about luck

• Wow...nice answer! =)
      I completely agree: "Words aren't even close to actions in terms of importance."

• Average intelligence people probably dye the most. Dumb girls can get dates. Smart people tend to overthink things. If they learn to actually use their intelligence they can leverage it but they generally start off worse.

• I'd say so. The smarter types are stereotypical and judge others too hard.

• It depends. Look, I study to be a programmer, therefore the girls in my community and friends circle approaches zero. This way it is hard to get a girlfriend for me. Probably if I decided for some human branch of studies like teacher-psychology-linguistics, I would have better chance to get someone. I think it's hard to get to know someone (guy or girl) if she is normally not in your class or community etc.

• I don't think you would...I studied all those things (Croatian + Ensligh language and literature, includes linguistics, psychology, teaching methods)...and I'm in the same position as all of you. :/

• The reason is that in your faculty there are GIRLS mainly. Whereas on engineering there are guys.

• Well, then it's all the same.
      In your college it's more difficult when you're a guy, in my college it's more difficult if you're a girl.

• that is because getting a college degree these days doesn't mean as much as it used to. since the job markets aren't what they used to be

• I think the people who have an average intelligence level get the most dates. Smarter people are often judgmental and have interests that are often different to your average person.

• Don't think so I think anyone can be attractive or not regardless of whether or not they are intelligent or not

• I've got my share of dates this year and I'm pretty dumb so I don't think it matters

What Girls Said 5

• Not necessarily.
    I just think that people who aren't in college have a life-style that is often more suited to dating. They're probably in full time employment of some kind. Are meeting new people also in that position, and are out of that in flux stage of life. They're generally more fully placed in the adult world.
    A lot of college/uni students are still working unpredictable hours, career minded, and probably still going out more and more into partying my than they are dating with less inclination to settle down until they've finished their schooling.

I'm not saying that this is the case with everyone. Just some observations in myself and people I know.

• This isn't true where I'm from. Then again, most of the "good looking" popular kids from high school ended up going to college, so it may just be because they're more attractive anyway.

That said, more of those that didn't go to college are married or have kids right now.

• i dont believe that is true

• I don't think it is. It could be a lore.

• No. More attractive people get more dates than less attractive people.