Have you ever dated someone you met over the internet?

A friend of mine asked if it's ok to go out with someone she met over Myspace. I'm wondering what are some of your experiences with internet dating? Feel free to share stories and such.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea.. just make sure their not some kind of weirdos..

but these days a lot of people are meeting online..

I actually met my girlfriend online..and we finally decided to hang out and really hit it off... It's been about a year since I met her and we've been together for 9 months now..

What Girls Said 1

• my sister actually met her boyfriend in a chat room, he lived in florida and she lived in new york. she actually wound up moving to florida for other reasons and now they live 30 minutes away from eachother, they've been dating for four years so I guess it could work...

What Guys Said 1

• I used to talk to this one girl from Asia over the internet that I met from her friend (who I also met online). After talking to her off and on for years she came to America on a work visa to work in Orlando about 2 months ago and I've met up with her a handful of times since she's been here. I don't have any plans on dating her, but her other Asian friend who is coming here in a month is pretty hot...if I'm lucky I'll be able to answer yes to your question in a month or two