Rebound relationships?

whats your thoughts on rebound relationships guys?

Do you think they work?

what sort of time span would you call a rebound?

Like if you were with someone for 8 years?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think there should be a time period after a serious relationship to be alone and not date anyone else no matter how long the relationship lasted. I'd say about a month before you get out and meet new people who have dating potential. Maybe go on a few dates after the month period, but don't get serious with any of them. Then after a couple months start moving toward more serious relationships if you know you are over your ex and are not thinking you should be with them instead of the new person. As for the people who do not follow these guidelines and have a rebound very soon after they have broken up, I think the person being rebounded on to will be the one to get hurt the most because the rebounder is basically using them as a stand in for their ex. Be sure you are over your ex before going into any real relationships in the future.

What Guys Said 3

• well my rebound girlfriend is my current girlfriend she is my favorite girlfriend ever a relationship is a relationship but sometimes you just plain need to be alone you will know this feeling when it happens

• well with the girl I'm dating now its our second time together and things are much better

• It depends on what you are looking for.After a long term relationship, rebound relationships hardly ever work, unless both people really work to make it work. I typically give it between 6 to 12 weeks between good relationships before I look for another good relationship. Anything and everything in between that time is just rebound stuff.

What Girls Said 4

• It doesn't matter how long you've been broken up with someone. I think a rebound is when you start a relationship with someone when you haven't moved on from your ex yet.

When you're spending time with the "rebound", but wishing it was your ex instead.

When you constantly compare him to your ex.

When you still have feelings for your ex, but start a new relationship with someone else.

... and you get the idea.

the only way to find out if you're truly over someone is by seeing that person again...

If you know you've moved on completely, then it's not a rebound :)

• A rebound relationship is any relationship which begins before one of the people involved have move on past their previous relationship. I personally don't think they can work because if one person has feelings for someone else they cannot give the other person the attention and affection they need to sustain a healthy relationship.

If someone was with their ex for 8 years, I would say they need a lot of time to move on. I could take a couple of years to be completely ready to start seeing someone else seriously.

• Researchers say after a long term relationship to take 8-12 months before getting into another serious relationship

• Wow...how silly...I am a rebound girl...we've been together for three years now..It still kind of sucks even if we are still together after that long...