How come I'm getting such cold treatment on online dating?

I have women viewing my profile, then I message them I get no response, or I will just message them first and I get nothing in return.I used to get dates on online dating now I'm in a real dry spell. Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• Keep in mind that women on those sites get hammered with tons of messages which in turn makes them think they are more desirable/attractive than they may be or that they are now a hotter commodity.
    Regardless of whether or not you put a lot of effort and time into your profile, it may not stand out. Keep it short and interesting. Now I don't know this because I haven't seen your profile... Nor do I know what you look like.

I'm sorry you're having troubles. I know it's frustrating and tiresome, but I guess just keep on trying or look at a different type of girl. If all else fails, maybe work on making a connection through a friend of a friend type thing.

• If you want to message me a link to your profile I will look at it for you. And I won't tell anyone who sent it. It's up to you- I'm just trying to help and it's hard to do so without seeing the page.

• hey... babe how are you?
      Please do you know of any site where i can meet real people for dating?

What Girls Said 5

• If they look at your profile they want to know the type of guy you are also what you look like. If it doesn't appeal to them they won't message or stay in touch. Put a better picture up and make your personal message more funny or charming. If its long shorten it

• I don't really believe in online dating. I think try moving it outside the internet now, now that's things gotten dry

• maybe when you put lots of effort in your profile it just seems desperate i get turned off by guys who write an essay in their profile

• Keep in mind that a lot of sites make it really hard to hide your profile even when you aren't using it. So there are usually a lot of "dead ends."

• Improve your profile. Make it more inviting.

• I put a lot of time into it

What Guys Said 5

• I can see why you're asking this. You obviously had success before on those sites and now you're striking out.

Beats the shit out of me dude. After like 5 months on those fucking things I've only been on one date. Only a handful of chicks respond to my messages.

• Not stoking her ego enough maybe? No really I noticed you can say something to her not sexual at all and you don't get a reply back.. pretty sad.. they all say guys don't read her profile and when you pick something out and message her about it, she never responds.

• Exactly. .. I write about their profile to show I read it

• OMG it happened again.. This girl has a profile and she said she's into gaming so I said wow that's cool.. blah blah.. what system do you have.. guess what?

No response but she looks at my profile.. what crap is that? It was the most non sexual thing, Really shit like that just makes me want to delete my POF account because the women on that site are just into seeing how many guys will respond. It's sad really..

• Unfortunately online dating has died on it's arse. Too many fake profiles, too many idiots has killed it. Don't use free sites, tinder etc. Pay good money for a good site. You get what you pay for these days

• I got that too until I posted a bunch of dick pics and now I get dates non stop.

• Can't you get in trouble for that?

• I'm afraid others will laugh

• copy and paste the text into a question here on gag. take out your name obviously. do you wanna get laid or not?

• That is normal. Guys normally have to send out dozens of messages and hope to get one or two replies back. You might want to work on your profile, and get a better pic. Without seeing your profile we can't really say if their is something wrong with it or not.