I am a 19 year old man in a wheelchair due to cerebral palsy, If their a girl out their that will see me for the man I am and not the chair I sit in?

, I am able to use my hands and talk and hear normally it is just that I can't walk. I want a girlfriend but due to social anxiety I have no confidences in myself. People say I am good looking, kind, caring and funny but I just feel so down in myself and think that no one will love me for who I am.
I often feel girls don't look at guys like me for three reasons.
1: sex some Girls feel they won't be able to have sex by going out with me which is not true as I am fully functional.
2: Fear of How Society views them by going out with someone like me.
3:Fear of becoming a carer more than a Boyfriend this would not be a issue with me as I am becoming more independent day by day.

Is there any hope?

Most Helpful Girl

• You look like a really genuine, good person. That's SO important, and you're pretty good looking too ;) I think working on your anxiety is probably the best proactive thing you can do. A woman can't fall for you if you never show her how wonderful you are. I think there's one out there for you. Good luck with everything dear.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't ignore anybody for anything like a disability. If they're attractive I'll notice them. And to be perfectly honest you're very attractive. I saw that you're a gamer too so that's another plus :) I'm sure other girls feel the same you just got to find the right ones :)

• Thank you I know I have to get over my anxiety for sure it's just I am scared to talk to woman in case they blank me

• So you're like every guy and girl that sees an attractive person :) I get sooooo nervous around attractive guys, I just pretend that they're not and try not to be awkward lol girls can be cruel but keep your head up.

• Of course there is hope but it will help you out a lot if you are able to work through your social anxiety and talk to girls. A lot of girls like to be approached. You are attractive so once she sees your personality you will be fine. You just have to work through the social anxiety so that she can see your personality.

• You guys are pretty hidden in society. The only disabled people I see are normally elderly who go shopping together in a group.

There will be a girl out there for you. Don't worry.

• Ah I'm sorry to hear that. You have a lot going against your chances of finding love. You must get over the anxiety for sure. What about meeting other wheelchair users so you have more in common?

What Guys Said 3

• Keep your faith in Jesus cause
    my cousin is 39 and he has CP
    so i know where your coming from

• Be strong my man you'll find someone there is someone out there for everyone.

• Man you just made me depressed. I take many things in my life for granted.