Why do people assume ESPECIALLY GIRLS that I am a lesbian?

Like it is carved in stone that every girl must have a boyfriend? Like I do not even make inappropriate comments or hit on/flirt them so what the fuck gives? People are like you are so pretty why are you always single or why don't you have a man? Ummmmm because no one wants me so I might as be a lesbo.(I was bisexual) I am NOT ATTRACTED to men sexually at all. The closet thing to any relationship I get is a fling here and there or some loser wanting me for a one night thing I hate men anyways all they do is take advantage of my niceness, lead me on, use me for sex all whilst their pathetic ass has a girlfriend! And if I went to the bar and a disgusting ass man touches me and makes a pass at me even after I say I am a lesbian I am getting them charged with sexual assault. I don't give a fuck it has happened before but I said nothing now that I am getting a backbone I will instead of using violence.

I do not give a shit what people think it is just I compare myself to others too much and get depressed that I am not like them. So when people meet me briefly constantly asking that it aggravates me. It anger steaming from personal issues.
I never go to bars they are not my thing I made the last statement up sorry folks.
I completely fucked this question up a better title would have been why do people especially girls assume I am a lesbo because I am always single. I do not like to label myself as bi or lesbian but I'm definitely not straight.
Come to think of it how does being single and having no interest in men or women make me automatically into one sex exclusively? And I am not sexually attracted to any guy that has shown an interest in the past or present. I can't label myself atm.
I am seriously confused I'm too picky I pick and I pick until I end up with nobody =/

Most Helpful Girl

• Let people assume what they want. Who cares what people think? You just haven't found the right guy and that's plain and simple. Everything at it's right time :) and Yes, some guys are jerk but there are truly some awesome guys out there.

• It is not necessarily caring about what others think of me...I feel pressure and I feel like I loser that I never have a bf and everyone else does.

• Well no one should be pressuring you. Having a boyfriend isn't something you vitally need. What you do need is water and air in order to live lol.

I understand we all want to be with someone special but everything at it's own time. You are an attractive girl, so I know you wouldn't have a problem finding a guy who is worth having a relationship with. Is not about number, is about quality.

What Guys Said 8

• well for starters that attitude you are expressing right there in your post is why people think you are a lesbian. and then there is the fact that you tell guys you are one when they try to approach you. it also seems you are only attracted to assholes. start by losing the attitude , not going to bars so often and just casting a wider net , you will find a guy worthy of you

• Why do people think (assume) you are a lesbian? Let me see... (Taken from your post)

1. You were bisexual. It means you have had sex with, or were attracted sexually to other women.

2. You hate men.

3. You feel as if all men who hit on you are disgusting and should be charged with sexual assault.

Hmmm.

• Wait a minute. you're offended that people assume you're a lesbian, but then state "I am not attracted to men sexually"

• No I am starting to believe and question if I am a lesbian because no one wants me.

• Bottom line I am not able to cope with this unnecessary my family members put on me to have a"man" when no one wants me put a fling.I would be lucky to find a friends with a benefits but it would have to on the dl they would not want me around their friends.I am an embarrassment to seen with.

• You've got a disgusting attitude problem, that much is clear.

• Lol maybe if men weren't all damn assholes I would not have to be such a bitch towards them :D

• Good, now the next step is to stop complaining.

• I am working on it my family is putting way too pressure on me to get into a committed I hate committent it scares me. The last relationship I was in lasted 3 years that was like an 10 years for me.The only reason I did not fight with you is because I was thought it though you could have said a lot worse.But I did cuss out an anon girl I hate those people they are cowards.I barely go anon.

• Oh sorry I wouldn't have told you you were hot if it made you feel uncomfortable I didn't know you were lesbian. But I am a nice person I have never had a gf I don't think I am mean and I have never taken advantage of women either if anything they have taken advantage of me.

• Your post makes no sense. You was/were a bisexual? So what are you now straight?
    Never been sexually attracted to men? Then you're a lesbian.

• You did label yourself you said you're bisexual and have no interest in men so it sounds like you're leaning to the lesbian side.

• I hate when people put me on the spot so I say I hate labelling myself. It is really no one's business. But there is a possibly I might be right now I have no interest in either gender so I really don't understand how that makes me a dyke.

• Stop waiting, start doing. That is the key to all your problems, and stop calling lonely men losers.

• " I am NOT ATTRACTED to men sexually at all. "

Gee, I wonder why people think you're a lesbian?

• At this point I am not...I was until all I am is good for is being used like an object.

• Read the update you might be surprised what you read.

What Girls Said 5

• You don't look like a lesbian but your hatred towards men might be the reason.
    I'm sorry you've had shitty experiences with men but that is probably the reason why people guess you are a lesbian.

• "You don't look like a lesbian" - this is why there is so much hatred and discrimination in this Godforsaken world.

• Amen

• Your annoyance, dislike and attitude towards men hints at you probably being a lesbian. You know people we all assume, judge, jump the gun, etc. you do it, I do it, everybody does it. Just ignore it or kindly but be straight forward to people.

• I am questioning it and starting believe it I have been called a lesbo for years just because I never dated. I am afraid of rejection I always assumed no one likes me back.

• At some point people thought that of me too, they all want evidence and something to talk about because people are good at talking bad or good. I don't care what others think, they need to just mind their own, you know. Everyone is afraid of rejection, but you have to let go of our fears in order to keep moving forward. :)

• Don't follow the crowd! DO YOU! :)
    If clubs and bars isn't your thing don't worry about it! Find new friends that are into the same stuff as you. Do what makes you happy and do you! :)

• Because obviously your attitude towards men hints that you are a lesbian.

• Not until now I meant before I got this attitude and I identified as bisexual but girls ASSUMED I was lesbian just because I never had anyone or talked about any guy it is a form or bullying. I did prefer dating men but I always get rejected so there is no point anymore.

• I agree with you. People should learn to mind their own business. It's extremely annoying when people bud into someone's business that's not theirs. I don't understand why people straight up assume you are a lesbian then. Maybe you should go on more dates and actually have a real relationship. Dont Ct so friendly next time. It's okay to a nice with a simple hello but nothing too into it to avoid people from getting the wrong idea.