Would you avoid dating because you're broke?

I am a college student who just returned to college. While I would love to approach women I find attractive, I don't. Here's why. I only have $10 to my name, I don't have a car, and I still live at home (can't afford my own place). I honestly feel women could do better than me. I have nothing to offer them. I'm on disability so I can't work. Someone told me that women will not date a poor man unless she's using him. That didn't make me feel better and now I don't converse with women at all. Would you avoid dating because you're broke.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 5

• That is not true. Rich men get used far more than poor man. How can you use a poor man anyway? What is he going to get you? I would date a broke guy but only if he had an amazing personality and was good looking - if his personality is average or below average then I will date the rich man. You could maybe watch movies, t.v. shows, read books at the library, play chess or board games together, exercise together, drink tea together. I once dated a guy for 6 months that didn't have a job (he was in school) and we spent 0 dollars on each other during this time.

• Women like you are rare.

• Firstly I think whoever said women won't date a poor man unless she's using him is just wrong, I mean what else would you use him for? lol.

Secondly, most people your age are either in college/uni or are looking for jobs in an increasingly tough job market and therefore can't get a car and pay for one and the closest they would get to moving out would be the garden shed. That shouldn't deter you from meeting women, especially considering a lot of them are probably in the same position as you :-)

I really don't care about money, and anyone who was bothered about it should realise that everybody has to start somewhere don't they. I think you'll be pleasantly suprised once you start putting yourself out there :-)

• Nope. There are a lot of options for free or cheap dates and those are always the best dates. Expensive dinners and movie dates all the time suck. Don't worry about not having money. It's actually a good thing, you'll weed out the gold diggers and get a girl who actually likes you for you. I'm not really sure how someone could use a poor person. Most people in college do not have money.

• Most college students are broke. Date someone also in your situation. They'll be more understanding.

• I just feel like I can't offer them anything.

• The girl you want to be with is not one who only wants fancy dates, meals, etc. you should be enough!

So if there are girls you encounter who are like that then just avoid them. You don't want someone who cares about how much money you have.

• Thanks. Nice to know that there is still a chance.

• Ok well first off…I just have to say that you're being too hard on yourself. Do you know how many college students your name (including myself at one time) are poor and live at home? Almost all of them.

Secondly, I'm going to assume that the girls you would be going for are also in college and (undoubtedly) also in your same financial situation…so if they're going to judge YOU for being in the same position they are, you don't want that girl anyway.

My best advice would be to not knock dating even though you're in limbo in your life. Like myspacemybroke said, don't be afraid to be friendly with women and engage in friendly conversation with them…especially if they're in one of your classes. If there's a connection, you could always just ask them to hang out on campus and chat.

What Guys Said 5

• I wouldn't seek it out in the sense of asking for numbers/dates etc. Don't be afraid to engage in friendly conversation with women though. Who knows what could happen.

• Well it's been a year since I had a friendly conversation with a woman.

• And? What are you waiting for? Get out there and talk to some fine bitches.

• Nope. No matter what your situation is you're going to have to filter through to find someone who matches you. Being poor is no different. Just go for it.

• Hahah! Yes i definitely would.

• Something called get a job.

• If you read the question, you will see that I can't work.

• The majority of college girls are broke too.

• But if they found a guy like me they would run for the hills.

• You just have to find the right one, a lot of them don't care about money but then there are also a lot that do. It's trail and error, you have to find the right girl and you never know till you try.