For guys and girls who have used dating websites, how many messages have you sent out, and how many of those messages got responses?

If it's a lot, I don't expect you to remember the exact number, but just an estimate. Just curious how many most guys/girls send, and what the response rate is for each.

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol I've sent out a lot. Usually get like a 1 in 50-75 reply rate and that usually goes nowhere

What Girls Said 2

• I sent a few when I subscribed, about 10 or more. An got about 30 responses and I get guys messaging everyday. One solid prospect and guy I like. Most are creeps and are over 40

• Wow, and you're like under 24?

• Yeah I get a lot of guys messaging ^ that number was random lol. Just long to count

• What makes a guy you only know by a message a creep?

• I usually rarely send any out, but about 10 or more guys message me a day.

• I usually get maybe one or two messages a week, but a few years ago I took a fake ad out as a girl just to see, with no pic at all, and I got like 60 messages in a day and a half.

• Yea. I'm thinking guys are more desperate then girls why they go on those sites

What Guys Said 4

• At first I sent out quite a few and got very few responses, no idea what number, probably something like 20 messages to 1 response. Then I tweaked my profile, put up a better picture and had women writing to me as well as about 5 messages out per response. I stopped sending first messages out altogether and just replied to the ones that wrote to me, it's easier thatway as they're already interested.

• http://i60.tinypic.com/243okcm.jpg

lol I think i messaged about 40 girls for shits and giggles. Get a pretty good response rate because I know how to.

• I just signed up for a dating site this week.

I've sent 12 messages and got 2 replies.

Ratio of 1 / 6.

• Signed up for online dating this afternoon.Messaged 24 girls.(yeah i know lol) Only got 4 replys so far. 2 unsolicited emails. One solid prospect, the others are whack.