I want to have a conversation about our plans for the summer but I don't know how to go about it?

The guy I'm talking to is over In Afghanistan right now and he'll be back sometime I early June. I'll be home with my parents for the summer (about 5 hours away) and working so if I want to come up and see him I need to know what's going on so I can request time off. He said multiple times he wants me to be the first person he sees and he wants to see me the day he gets back, but today I asked him if he wanted me to go to the airport or meet him later and he said his family will probably get him. I was expecting to see him as soon as he got back bc I thought that's what I was getting him from him but apparently not. I felt embarrassed asking and kinda sad, I got my hopes up. I don't want to get excited to see him if there's no point. And I'm certainly not going to request off time if he doesn't really want to see me. I'm a planner and I understand he may not be and he probably isn't thinking much of it, but I've been waiting for him. I feel like I deserve some initiative or thinking ahead on his part since I've been putting his needs before mine. I want to talk about it, but I don't want to seem pushy or clingy. I just need some answers or reassurance cause it's hard

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a planner to so I get it. I would just simply say to him I really want to see you as often as possible this summer, but in order for me to do that I need to request sometime off from work and we live 5 hours from each other and in order for us to spend time together I need to plan my time off from work. mention that you know he has family and friends that he wants to see, but that you really want to see him too and mention how exciting that it will be to see him again. after all that wait for a response. when he starts talking just listen and don't respond until he finished talking. good luck!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0