Boyfriend said this...should I be offended?

So, I've been with this guy for nearly 8 months, and so far, things are good. However, he recently said something that makes me wonder if I should be offended...
I recently went on a vacation, and took pictures during my stay. In the pictures, I was wearing a dress and had my hair straightened.
Normally, I wear my hair the way it is (curly) and I don't really wear dresses. When I posted them on Facebook, he messages me about it and asks me: "I want to know how your vacation was. I saw your awesome pics!!" He then said he was "surprised" to see me wear a dress and said I looked good.
Thing is, when I was on my little vacation, he and I were texting practically the entire time...I informed him of everything that was going on via text messaging. Why did he ask me how it was after I posted the pics, when he already knew what was going on since I was texting him?
Also, should I be offended when he stated that he was surprised to see me in a dress? Does that mean he doesn't find me attractive...because everytime I'm with him, he always calls me cute and whtnot...but this time, when he saw me in my dress, he was a little bit "excited" and was more flirty than normal...does that mean he expects/desires me to straighten my hair and wear dresses more often? Thanks...

Most Helpful Guy

• he was complimenting on how you look with the dress on and how your hair was. you said so yourself that you dont normally wear dresses.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• "Why did he ask me how it was after I posted the pics, when he already knew what was going on since I was texting him?"

He was just making conversation and asking how you found it overall. You shouldn't be offended.

"Also, should I be offended when he stated that he was surprised to see me in a dress?"

Offended? NO! It was a compliment and he isn't use to seeing you in a dress and in fact, he thinks you look stunning. And what's wrong with him being more flirty with you? Shouldn't that be thrilling to you as he is your boy? Even though it's because you wearing the dresses gave him 'goosebumps' isn't something to be offended about. It's just like him wearing the same clothes all the time then one day wearing, say, a skin tight pair of jeans, and you happen to LIKE guys in skin tight jeans... he wouldn't be offended if you found him hotter because of them, he would be silly to!

• If he's your man for 8 moths, he must find you attractive silly. Change is a great thing and you showed him something he's never seen before. I would have been flattered if I were you and now you know, you have to switch it up from time to time. That will keep things interesting. I change my hair once every 2 months and my man loves it. I dress very unique simply to show that I am versatile and not boring. Try it.

• I think you're over thinking this. I think he ask you because he's probably asking or wondering about your trip. Even though you told him everything he's still giving you the opportunity to discuss it.

As far as the dress thing. It sounds like a compliment. Maybe he just likes you in a dress and thought you looked nice.

• You'r over thinking this. He found you attractive in the pic and wanted to tell you. Maybe he is hinting he would like if you dressed that way a little more, but he didn't want to outright say it.

• He complimenting you and being a nice boyfriend by asking you how it was. You're overthinking things