Is dating easier for men or women?

I always thoughts that it must be so much easier for men. They're the ones that get to initiate everything. And it's more accepted if they date a lot women, but it's a nightmare for girls that want to date a lot. Who do you think has it easier?

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact that societies consider women as submissive and men as oppressive, forces us to thing it is easier for Men to date or initiate the dates. In reality or real world or psychologically, this is not true.. In fact, the act of initiating a date is very subjective and a lot of times, if the girl's behavior or body language does not show any interest, the guy could get easily intimidated..:)

What Guys Said 22

• If women wanted to step outside the social norm and initiate things, dating would be much easier and frequent for them.

Even at the current social norm it works quite nicely for women because the only effort they need to make is in their appearance with no attention to opening lines, conversation starters etc etc. Girls rarely have to go out on a limb and risk something other than when they say 'yes'

• MEN have it WAY harder them women.
    Women just have to say yes and show up.
    Men are the ones stuck with initiating anything. This sucks ass. You know how nerve racking it can be to approach women. It is less so for me at my age but when I was younger it was very hard. It is usually financially on the guy to pay for everything. I am newly divorced and cannot really afford to do this.
    AND SEX...arghhh.
    All women have to do to be great is lay there. and since you can just keep cuming all day you want to keep going.
    A guy has to worry about getting and maintaining an erection, he has to worry about finding a way to get the woman to orgasm, which sometimes can be harder then solving a rubik cube. Which is why I love performing oral sex. that usually gets them there.
    EVerything about dating is harder for men.
    Women control sex thus they control men. Women decide if they will or won't date the guy. So women don't even have to be nervous about dating as everything is under their control.

• Dating is neither easier for man or woman. It is a complex situation of selecting a person for everlasting relationship. It is not just like hire and fire or purchasing something for some money. Emotional attachment plays a very important role in relationship and first step is dating. Our brain interfere analyzing everything that was expected and actually happened at the moment. Relationship is related with Faithfulness, Emotional attachment and Feeling each other for what we are. If everything goes well - you will start Loving each other and it will be required to decide about establishing everlasting relationship - marriage. Every moment you will need to evaluate condition by brain and heart - heart ultimately wins the game.

• Hahahaha..women. They control most of the dating.

• I say it is easier for women.

A women can get sex when ever she wants or decline it if she does not want it.
    A women generally just sits around and waits for a guy to approach and then ever declines or says yes depending on how she feels.

A women does not have to be as concerned about not getting a man as a man has to be about not getting a women.

• There's a big downside to being expected to initiate that most women miss - it means facing a lot of rejection unless you're really attractive. You think it's hard for women to initiate because people might judge them as being desperate or slutty? Many women think the same of men - women constantly complain about men who don't approach them.the way they prefer or men who are unattractive approaching them, the only difference is they call them "creepy" rather than "slutty". At least as a woman you can be completely passive, wait for guys to approach you and take your pick. While they might.not all be great options, it's better than none.

• Girls can initiate. I LOVE it when they initiate. You also know the answer to every guy's biggest source of uncertainty about every date you go on. You know whether he's going to get lucky that night.

Think about it. 50% of the population and you control 100% (plus or minus for non consentual) of the sex. You girls are large and in charge.

• They both have there difficulties. I'd say its pretty well balanced. Girls do go out of there way to look nice if they really like someone and are meeting for the first time, guys can get ready in like 15 minutes. Guys have to have the confidence to approach though while the girls, which in itself can be nerve racking. Girls have more pressure from society about looking beautiful and stress themselves about that much more than guys do. Guys have the pressure of being interesting and funny to keep the girl entertained. Pretty much even due to the fact both sexes stress about all these things its just the matter of where its focused between the sexes.

• I say women do, because they have final say on acceptance of dates and the supply of sex.

Must be burdening for women to have all that responsibility, knowing if they end up with a ad partner SHE is at fault because she does the choosing.

But with great power comes great responsibility.

• So much easier for women

• Dating is easier for women, all's women haft to do is sit back and look pretty waiting for men to ask them out. Men have the hardest part, they haft to actually ask the women out. Once you get past the asking out and are dating both have it equally.

• Asking someone out is actually not that hard. If it's hard, it's only because you're making it hard.

• Asking isn't hard. Getting a "yes" is the hard part.

• Some times it is for shy people. But yes the hardest part of asking is getting a yes/turned down. Since most of the time women are the ones asked out they don't haft to worry about getting a yes.

• Nope, dating is more easier for girls
    i have only had 2 ex-gfs one age 28
    and one age 35, the relationships
    were both short term, it's cause i need
    a girl who wants real love, i'm age 46
    been single for 11 years.

• I believe women do the choosing, not men, so I say women

• Dating has the same challenge for men as it does for women. Cases can be made that it is easier for either sex, but in the end it is the same.

• :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A5t5_O8hdA

• Men, clearly.

Being courted is so hard.

How do women do it!

• So much easier for women

• My perception is that women have it way easier. But the grass is always greener, right.

In my mind women could get dates way more easily than man if they only asked.

As far as finding "the one" is concerned I feel like men and women have it equally as hard, cause it's just hard to find the right person.

• well women don't need to have a certain lifestyle, doesn't really matter how her lifestyle is and she can still get a boyfriend

• for every straight man who dates, a woman dates so i guess equal.

• I do believe that women have it easier than men in terms of securing dates, hookups, one night stands, etc. The fact is, men pursue women more, which gives women more options than men.

Also, in my opinion, modern women, despite expressing a desire to evolve and be equal to men, prefer men who earn a higher income than themselves to be their partner, or, at the very least, guys who equal their ambition and are accustomed to living a similar lifestyle.

I'll reiterate, women want equality, but, in all honesty, they also want the option of being courted and the option of being a stay at home mom as of old traditional standards like, for example, the traditions of the mid-nineteen hundreds.

Now, don't make me out to be the bad guy here, for I'm all for equality and the success of women. However, as women become more successful and their earning power increases, the traditional male role is becoming extinct.

I know, I know, guys have stated that they wouldn't have a problem dating a woman whom earns significantly more income than themselves, but, for many guys, it's simply an untruth. They would care.

Guys have been socially conditioned for years to be the financial provider of their households, the protector, the leader. So it will be difficult and lengthy to undo generations of such conditioning. And until that time comes, guys will continue to feel intimidated by dating a modern, successful woman.

• "They're the ones that get to initiate everything."

Get to? WTF? You females are unbelievable.

• I stand by this. If a woman goes in for first physical contact, assumption is she's easy. If she says she wants to see him again, she's too needy. Can't win.

• TheGoodTheBadTheHot: agreed, 100%.

QA: see Stacyzee's honest female response to the left for the reality of the situation.

Tell me this: why is it so many women are so bent on feeling sorry for themselves and thinking they are victims of everything while at the same time being completely unable to see the challenges men face?

What Girls Said 6

• Definitely women.

First off, any woman get can laid !
    Not every man can.
    Sucks for them.

Also,
    Most of the time the guy has to take the initiative to do the approaching, so men
    have the most pressure.

• If someone's just looking for sex, I guess (decently looking) women will have a general advantage.

If someone's trying to seriously date though, with the intention to find a matching partner in a committed relationship, then I don't see any general advantage or disadvantage coming from gender, but only from individual personality traits and physical appearance.

• I think guys have it a little easier finding relationships since women seem to be more often looking for commitment.

• Hmm. Maybe, in very generalizing terms.

• It's easier for bold guys than for ugly girls and easier for gorgeous women than for shy guys. That's it. Other than that, I'd say it's equally hard/easy for both.

Now guys, two things you've got to consider:
    1. Women are socially conditioned to be coy and modest. Even if they choose to rebel with provocative clothing, chances are they still have this unconscious mindset that it wouldn't "feel right" to as a guy out. That lowers girls' chances. And even if they choose to ask guys out, very often the guys will feel uncomfortable about that, immediately suspecting that there must be "something wrong with her".
    2. Unless you live on a Hollywood set you should know that not all women are drop-dead gorgeous. Most girls, I'd say 3/4 of the female population, are plain Janes at most. They don't get asked out a lot and more often than they would like to their suitors only look for sex.

• I disagree with 1. I have never met a guy that wouldn't love for the woman to make the first move. It is a huge ego boost to know they desire us.

• Guys will say that they have it harder.
    Personally, I think it depends on the situation. Some women are very passive, and that's when I agree that it might be tougher for the guy to have to ALWAYS initiate everything and basically try to read the woman's mind. But when it's split 50/50 (which is ideal for me) then I think it's equally hard/easy for both the woman and the man.

• Have you ever tried asking a girl out.

• No, because I'm not bi, or a lesbian. I've tried asking guys out numerous times tho. Have gotten rejected plenty of times. It happens.

• Men have it easier, because he outnumber them. So, they have easier pickings

• It's easier for outgoing people. If you're shy it doesn't matter what gender you are.