How do women react when you whistle at them, or blow a kiss?

I'm talking about total strangers.

My wife is Venezuelan and when she was first here, she though she had gained weight or something. In Venezuela you're SUPPOSED to do these things. Even the most respectable businessman in a three piece suit will do these things.

Most Helpful Girl

• Being Italian, I always respond with a smile and a smart remark, like ' If you weren't deperate, I'd be interested.'

But of course most women in the US will give a cold stare or pretend they didn't notice.

• That is the best remark any girl can possibly make. Wow.

What Girls Said 11

• I always ignore it. Once, I told the guy to screw off, and he followed me home.

A whistle isn't bad. Never been blown a kiss, but I have been stopped and had my hand kissed.

The worst is when someone honks their car horn or yells from out of the car window.

It just sucks when it's done during inappropriate times. Like when I'm out to lunch with my mum...

Embarrassing!

• I've told a guy who asked me if I was a prostitute that "You can't afford me."

I live in an area where honking, being whistled at, or whatever else...is common occurrence.

I usually either shrug these off or give a bit of a smile.

Though when the Mexican guys on their horses ride by and start making their horses do little tricks or prance around a parking lot...I just ignore them...though despite ignoring them for a good 3 years, they still do it.

:/

• Blowing kisses sounds ok, but whistling scares me a bit. I don't know what it is about it, it just makes me feel uncomfortable. To me it makes me feel like they want to have sex with me. I guess I have always just been brought up that guys who do that are jerks and such and to avoid them. I think that's why.

• I react by saying something along the lines of "Ugh" or "Eww".

I generally make a face too. I can't hide my reaction to anything, it will always show on my face.

• Show more self-confidence, girl!

• Um, it's not a lack of self-confidence. I don't want random guys whistling at me. If you look at the other responses, I'm not the only girl who feels that way.

• I would ignore them.

We have a lot of Mexican immigrants and some of them do this. I was told that it's a part of their culture so I don't really care. Construction workers do this also and they get ignored as well.

Do guys really expect you to talk to them when they whistle at you lol it's so lame!

• I don't like it at all. I just ignore it. I am not sure men who do this expect much more of a reaction. lol

• Uh, no. Only trash treats women like that. Girls in Latin America aren't used to it, we just ignore it because we know the guys doing it are low class trash.

• Well I get offended when guys do this. Mostly because I'm still in high school and I walk past busy streets going home from school. Then you have guys twice my agge honking, whistling, yelling inappropriate comments, and blowing kisses. I hate it and think it's disgusting. Never once have I walked home from school without at least one of those things happening.

• Guessing you look fantastique and who can blame the guys, if you show it off....

• Thank you but it doesn't matter what I'm wearing...

that has still happened when I wear sweats, t-shirt, and my hair in a sloppy bun.

It may just be my neighborhood since I'm the minority there.

• It annoys me tbh. People say you should feel flattered but not when I think men do that at any girl with a pulse lol. Although I prefer to get whistled at or blown a kiss than to be beeped at by passing vehicles. But they all annoy me.

• It's all about timing. Being beeped at is annoying when they do it just as they pass, so you can't identify the person. If they do it early, it's not so bad. Or so, that's my opinion on in it, when I go out for long runs. And I hate it when a girl whistles at me from a good distance away.. it makes them seem obsessive.

But if they whistle in front of me and early enough for me to see their face and a slight smile. I take it as a pretty good complement. Like I said, it's all about placement

• Lol I would hate it more if they beeped earlier because a couple or more guys in a vehicle is intimidating-it would be horrible if I had them beep and then had to wait for them to reach me and pass. no thanks lol. same for whistling. far away is better for me.

• They think you're a desperate horny pig. Especially when you look like you're 70 years old.

• I get creeped out.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't think that's true. I know people from Venezuela and people who have gone to Venezuela and none of them have ever mentioned anything like that before.

Also, do you have any accounts other than the following?:

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

link

• I think a simple "hi" or "hello" is much better than a whistle.

• They'll be like wtf psycho status jk they'll probably get annoyed. If it was your girlfriend then it would be okay.

• Blowing a whistle or a kiss is inappropriate. If a boy finds a girl pleasant, then he should at the most stare if he is a gentleman.

If he is a pervert, then only he will do such things.

• I guess it totally depends on the woman. I think a whistle is more acceptable, they might get p*ssed if you blow a kiss-----who knows.